PDA

View Full Version : Who plays Top Spin 3 on the PS3?

DRII
10-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Does anyone play Top Spin 3 for the PS3? I think its the most realilistic tennis game. I haven't tried Virtua Tennis 2009 yet.

Anyone who wants to play can add me as a friend.

Screen name: DRII

Turning Pro
10-27-2009, 12:08 PM
i do, screen name : Apathetically

IvanAndreevich
10-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Most realistic tennis game is Dream Match Tennis Pro. TS/VS = arcade crap.

Anaconda
10-27-2009, 01:13 PM
i only play games when it is raining outside

DRII
11-20-2009, 07:28 AM
Me and Apathetically have played some great matches. Anyone else out there?

djones
11-21-2009, 07:02 PM
I do, great game!
Much better than Virtua Tennis 3 for pc.

Leelord337
11-21-2009, 07:04 PM
i've tried all topspins 1 2 and 3 but i think topspin 1 for regular xbox was the best. the game playability was the most challenging and fun...*still play it* :) only game i play on xbox, lol

djones
11-21-2009, 07:08 PM
i've tried all topspins 1 2 and 3 but i think topspin 1 for regular xbox was the best. the game playability was the most challenging and fun...*still play it* :) only game i play on xbox, lol

I have this game as well.
Maybe I should dig my old Xbox up for a little game soon:-)

kishnabe
11-21-2009, 07:14 PM
I'll get a ps3 and top spin 3 and when I do: I will post a screen name.
I played top spin 1 for xbox and i believe that is fanatastic.

kevinrose
11-21-2009, 07:35 PM
screenname: lifesrandom

Leelord337
11-21-2009, 08:01 PM
I have this game as well.
Maybe I should dig my old Xbox up for a little game soon:-)

its really really fun, i only play on hard and i like the risk shots and drop shots you can do on this game..plus the computer is very challenging.

About topspin 1 i heard that microsoft invested tons of $ for pam development (which had specialized in making soccer video games) to focus on creating a state of the art tennis game. it showed and i still think its the best tennis game out there. the gameplay is so realistic w/the sounds and has a very challenging computer opponent. and i love the instant replays

for ex...on topspin 2 on the 360 (made by 2k sports)...the gameplay graphics are very similar to topspin1 but there are no instant replays, and the computer gets very predictable to beat...even on hard. i've won entire grand slams w/o losing a game PLUS there were no instant replays...and it sounded like a drum everytime you hit the ball, not crisp,

and on topspin 3 (played on 360...but have a ps3, is it the same game basically for both?) there is a huge learning curve...i played it for a few hours but found it very difficult to play, i would rather play real tennis :)...is it worth it?

tacou
11-22-2009, 12:28 AM
top spin 2 is ok, virtua tennis 3 is much more fun but not as realistic, at all.

I've always considered Smash Court 2 to be the best/most accurate in terms of play, and I also enjoy SC3.

I hear the new one for Wii is incredible but I've yet to play

Tsonga#1fan
11-22-2009, 12:35 AM

That game is great, and is the only reason I still have my XBOX. I have PS3 and play TOPSPIN3 on that too. I like being James Blake on TOPSPIN.

Anaconda
11-22-2009, 01:02 AM
I liked topspin because it was hard to play. smash court was too easy.

TheRebelofPrince
11-25-2009, 03:23 AM
yeah go ts3 and ts2 was pretty good

DRII
11-25-2009, 04:43 AM
That game is great, and is the only reason I still have my XBOX. I have PS3 and play TOPSPIN3 on that too. I like being James Blake on TOPSPIN.

So what is your screen name?

DRII
11-25-2009, 04:52 AM
its really really fun, i only play on hard and i like the risk shots and drop shots you can do on this game..plus the computer is very challenging.

About topspin 1 i heard that microsoft invested tons of $ for pam development (which had specialized in making soccer video games) to focus on creating a state of the art tennis game. it showed and i still think its the best tennis game out there. the gameplay is so realistic w/the sounds and has a very challenging computer opponent. and i love the instant replays

for ex...on topspin 2 on the 360 (made by 2k sports)...the gameplay graphics are very similar to topspin1 but there are no instant replays, and the computer gets very predictable to beat...even on hard. i've won entire grand slams w/o losing a game PLUS there were no instant replays...and it sounded like a drum everytime you hit the ball, not crisp,

and on topspin 3 (played on 360...but have a ps3, is it the same game basically for both?) there is a huge learning curve...i played it for a few hours but found it very difficult to play, i would rather play real tennis :)...is it worth it?

I think the PS3 version is better becuase Nadal is only in the PS3 version! But the XBOX controllers are mcuh better at ergonomics than Sony's controllers...

But once you get the hang of TS3, it becomes very enjoyable and challenging (depending on your opponent). The main thing to remeber is that depressing the buttons is key to this game. With most games it when you press the button your character does the action, but with TopSpin 3 its when you depress or let go of the buttons, your character does the action.

So when your character is getting in place to hit the ball-- press and hold the button until your character is in good position--then depress or let go of the button when the ball is in the characters strike zone-- the character will then swing and hit the ball. The longer you hold the button down before you depress the more powerfully your character will hit the ball. Its important to be in good positon, just like in real tennis...

DRII
11-25-2009, 04:54 AM
I do, great game!
Much better than Virtua Tennis 3 for pc.

whats your screen name?

DRII
11-25-2009, 05:01 AM
top spin 2 is ok, virtua tennis 3 is much more fun but not as realistic, at all.

I've always considered Smash Court 2 to be the best/most accurate in terms of play, and I also enjoy SC3.

I hear the new one for Wii is incredible but I've yet to play

Yeah, I loved Smash Court Tennis 2 for the Playstation!

But my most favorite in terms of game play until Top Spin 3 was Mario Tennis for the N64.

Before anyone laughs, I suggest you play game if you can find it. Besides the fact that the characters are cartoon characters; the game play is amazing and fun!

I loved Donkey Kong and Wario and Mario.

Mario played just like Agassi

Donkey Kong just like Venus Williams

and Wario just like Lindsey Davenport...

snr
11-25-2009, 08:54 AM
I play. tweaks89 is PSN username.

How come this is in the gen pro discussion though lol

JeMar
11-25-2009, 08:58 AM
This is in the wrong section, but I do play on the 360. Anyone else?

tacou
11-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Yeah, I loved Smash Court Tennis 2 for the Playstation!

But my most favorite in terms of game play until Top Spin 3 was Mario Tennis for the N64.

Before anyone laughs, I suggest you play game if you can find it. Besides the fact that the characters are cartoon characters; the game play is amazing and fun!

I loved Donkey Kong and Wario and Mario.

Mario played just like Agassi

Donkey Kong just like Venus Williams

and Wario just like Lindsey Davenport...

I play it for Game Cube, it's a very fun game.

tacou
11-25-2009, 10:26 AM
I liked topspin because it was hard to play. smash court was too easy.

I think as far as Comp. opponents and controls every tennis game is easy, it's too subtle a game for the AI to be any challenge. I still think Smash Court 2 is the closest to recreating the strategy involved in tennis.
In reality there hasn't been an actual tennis video game yet, and I look very much forward to it coming out, though the sport will need to gain some popularity in the US first.