PDA

View Full Version : Is there any sense in womens sport ?

severus
10-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Is there any sense in womens sport, particullary in tennis ?:confused:

jones101
10-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Yes.

Mods please delete thread now.

MakeSenseNotBabies
10-27-2009, 01:35 PM
wait . i think it's a legitimate question, although direct. people who believe that there is no point in women's sport are going to be thrashed but the Mods can determine who's being offensive just for the sake of publicity.

i dont' think there's any point to women's sports. women are great, equal to men. but, there are some things that women do better than men, and some that men do better than women. watching most women's sports is like watching someone who's almost good when you can watch someone who's actually good (men). and that's an opinion, sure. however, it has some merit. at best, women's sports is a consolation prize for the spectator, or, a warmup. that's just how things are. it's not a question of morality, but simply value in one very specific aspect of life: sports. so what if they're not nearly as fun to watch as the men? they aren't.

JankovicFan
10-27-2009, 02:03 PM
Is there any sense in womens sport, particularly in tennis ?:confused:Not if it means it is a test of strength...fitness, yes...ball smacking brute strength, no. A women's game should be very different, not dominated by Amazons. I believe I might make some distinctions between team sports and individual sports but basically dont believe sports should be a freak show, especially on the women's side, forcing them to be more like men and leaving no place for an ordinary physique. It should be more about skill, athleticism, and intellect, not raw power and unusual size.