PDA

View Full Version : Ancic: Done?

lacoster
10-28-2009, 12:06 AM
Any new developments with Mario Ancic? I know he is a lawyer now, and that he gave a guest lecture at Harvard Law this past spring semester. Among the things he spoke about at Harvard: law in pro sports, ATP legal issues, and endorsement contracts (surprise, surprise). I don't think his head is really into tennis anymore, saying that delivering his lecture was "like playing at Centre Court Wimbledon." I think he wants to be a future ATP Tour CEO or Chief Counsel more than getting back in the top 10!

Blinkism
10-28-2009, 12:09 AM
He's still on the ATP rankings list and he hasn't made any official decision to quit, but he's been inactive since the Australian Open season at the very beginning of 2009.

Anyone got any news of a possible comeback or return from inactivity from Mario?

Fr4Nc0
10-28-2009, 04:50 AM
you are just jealous of him being a tennis star and a very intelligent person

lacoster
10-28-2009, 08:06 PM
I guess another serve & volleyer bites the dust....

grafselesfan
10-28-2009, 08:08 PM
I feel for the kid but maybe it is for the best. He has had some horrible luck with his healthy, and probably would not be able to get back to his best at this point even if he tried. Anyway even before the health problems he was never that great. He was maybe potential marginal top 10 calibre at his healthy peak, but the field is alot tougher now than then, so even at his best would probably only be top 20ish now, and as I said I doubt he could get back to his best after all his health problems.

RCizzle65
10-28-2009, 08:54 PM
I'd like to see a tape of his lecture....

jamesblakefan#1
10-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Found an article. Just broke up w/ his gf. However he says he still wants to come back to tennis.

Ancic, whose career has been interrupted by injuries over the last two years, said his main wish was to get well and to return to tennis in great style.

Ancic, who has had mononucleosis and thyroid problems, told the weekly he had had his last medical examination at a clinic at Harvard University in September.

The results, he said, showed he was completely healthy.

http://www.croatiantimes.com/news/Panorama/2009-10-15/6586/Mario_Ancic_breaks_up_with_his_girlfriend

IvanAndreevich
10-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Well, he obviously needs the long break after all the issues he's had. I am sure he'll be back later - he's still young.

lacoster
10-29-2009, 11:03 AM
If anyone has video of Ancic speaking at Harvard, please post! I can only imagine his broken english and deep Goran-like voice. There are only links of the story:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2009/03/ancicharvard.aspx

Vyse
10-29-2009, 11:04 AM
prolly so. he is done

tacou
10-30-2009, 02:25 PM
whenever he comes back for brief periods of time he does pretty well. Mario is a very good pplayer and fun to watch I hope he's back soon

srinrajesh
10-31-2009, 03:53 AM
he brings a lot of charm with his S&V... hope he makes it back esp at wimby ...

jwbarrientos
10-31-2009, 04:09 AM
Nice to see he didn't lose time, being a lawyer is great when he was off court.

I'd like to see he returning to the tour.