PDA

View Full Version : Hitting Partner in San Fran, CA?

MTXR
10-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Anyone in San Fran, CA want to hit?

I am here till 2nd week of Nov.

GRANITECHIEF
10-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Just curious what is your level?

MTXR
10-29-2009, 11:47 PM
Not sure what my level is.... never been rated....

Can hold rallies and do all that stuff....

Want to hit?

GRANITECHIEF
10-30-2009, 07:57 AM
Sure if you want to drive south 6 hours to Santa Barbara. I was just curious cuz i know some players in SF, strong 5.0 type players.
Do you play tournaments?

T Woody
10-30-2009, 08:27 AM
Hey MTX - I live in the marina and play USTA 4.0. What times are good for you? Weekends are best for me but I know a bunch of other guys looking for hitting partners that could do weekdays.

Tom

MTXR
11-02-2009, 12:52 AM
I'm usually available M-Su. Pretty much any time during the day/night, though I prefer to play no earlier than noon or one since i get up around 11.

I'm currently around Ingelside, but have a car to get around.

shoot me an email....

toxx0020 at g m a il (d0t) com

-Mike

LeeD
11-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Ingleside District....
Nearest pickup would be CCSF courts, near SanJose and OceanAve. There's like 18 or so courts, and a paid "attendant" who helps find matches for you, weekends of course.
SF State, right across from LakeMerced, has about that many courts, OK for pickup after 3PM, but you gotta find that "right" partner.
GoldenGatePark has 21 courts, weekdays from 10-6 like $4 for 1.5 hours and you can find partners already there looking for games. Depends how you "look", your gear, and your knowledge. Courts 19-21 are free and good for pickup doubles, "king of the courts" style.

MTXR
11-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Ingleside District....
Nearest pickup would be CCSF courts, near SanJose and OceanAve. There's like 18 or so courts, and a paid "attendant" who helps find matches for you, weekends of course.
SF State, right across from LakeMerced, has about that many courts, OK for pickup after 3PM, but you gotta find that "right" partner.
GoldenGatePark has 21 courts, weekdays from 10-6 like $4 for 1.5 hours and you can find partners already there looking for games. Depends how you "look", your gear, and your knowledge. Courts 19-21 are free and good for pickup doubles, "king of the courts" style.

Thanks for the info..I was at these courts during my vacation but no one was around or there wasnt many... probably going at the wrong time. There are a lot of people at dolores though.... but it doesn't seem like any pick up games are available or people wanting to hit.

I don't think anyone is going to hit with me at GGP if they judge me by my looks... I don't have any of my gear except for my racquet and some water. I am going to cruise around thurs if it doesn't rain and check these places out....what do you mean by paid "attendant"? Is this a homeless person? I've seen homeless people hold parking meters/spaces and wave people in for money.

LeeD
11-05-2009, 08:08 AM
:):)
"paid attendant" is usually a CCSF tennis team member who needs extra $$$ and work, so they "monitor" the courts, making sure people aren't waiting too long, collect fees, keep players from hogging courts, or whatevers....
If you look like you actually CAN hit, they will sometimes hit with you when you don't have a partner. LOOKING good is important. Not the clothes or the bag, but you looking athletic, strong, fit, alert, and eager.

MTXR
11-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Ahh ok, cool, it's cloudy today but i am going to cruise around after lunch and see what's up

any recommendations for some tennis at night?