PDA

View Full Version : Head Natural Gut... Has anyone test it ????

Xavier
10-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi,

have you allready test the Head Natural gut?
They sell half set, have you try full Head gut or other combination?
What do you think about quality and feeling??

Thanks

BigServer1
10-28-2009, 04:53 PM
I have...Not great. It feels like cheaper, low grade gut. Better than most strings out there, but far too expensive given the quality.

I just can't bring myself to pay for anything but VS when it comes to gut.

JW10S
10-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Hi,

have you allready test the Head Natural gut?
They sell half set, have you try full Head gut or other combination?
What do you think about quality and feeling??

ThanksI've been using it for a while now. It's a good, quality string--resilient, good feel, holds tension--I like it. Currently my favorite set-up is to put the HEAD gut in the mains and Sonic Pro poly in the crosses and it feels SO good--great feel, great feedback, holds up well. I've tried the reverse and didn't like it as well--but then I always prefer to put gut in the mains whenever I hybrid it with another string. Anyone who hasn't tried the HEAD gut mains/Sonic Pro crosses should.

I've also use it in full set string jobs and like it. There are some good gut strings out there other than just VS and the HEAD gut is one.

meowmix
10-28-2009, 07:47 PM
I have...Not great. It feels like cheaper, low grade gut. Better than most strings out there, but far too expensive given the quality.

I just can't bring myself to pay for anything but VS when it comes to gut.

Considering that it costs more than VS... don't see why anybody would buy the repackaged stuff.

jazar
10-29-2009, 12:36 AM
i've not used it, but i've strung it and it was some of the worst gut i have ever strung with

jamauss
10-29-2009, 12:47 AM
It's just pacific gut rebranded as Head. It's nothing special. I don't enjoy stringing it as much as VS.

Audiophile
10-29-2009, 06:59 PM
I actually received a half set from Head and was stringing it up when it broke. Not sure if it was a bad set or what. I've strung too many gut sets to count and this is the first I've had one break while stringing. VS is still my favorite.

JackB1
11-30-2009, 03:36 PM
I've been using it for a while now. It's a good, quality string--resilient, good feel, holds tension--I like it. Currently my favorite set-up is to put the HEAD gut in the mains and Sonic Pro poly in the crosses and it feels SO good--great feel, great feedback, holds up well. I've tried the reverse and didn't like it as well--but then I always prefer to put gut in the mains whenever I hybrid it with another string. Anyone who hasn't tried the HEAD gut mains/Sonic Pro crosses should.

Could u tell me what tension you string the gut mains and the poly cross at?
Do you go higher for the gut mains and low for the poly cross? thanks