PDA

View Full Version : pro supex big ace lacks power? true?

dwhiteside
10-28-2009, 06:40 PM
i've used sppp, luxilons, bunch of multis like nxt, various synth guts, various nat guts, and my favorite out of everything i've tried was pro supex big ace 1.22 strung at 59 lbs in a n6.1 16x18 95 - but reading reviews some people say it lacks power. i hit quite powerfully so i'm not sure that even if does lack power comparatively it affects my ability to hit winners, but i'm interested in some input - compares to the other poly's i've tried it definitely doesn't seem to lack power to me, but i've only tried 3 other polys, so i don't have much a frame of reference - although it seems the consensus on big ace is that it's great, which i definitely agree on and will probably continue using it for a while longer unless there's a poly that lasts as long as big ace does without going dead and isn't stiff as a board even at the relatively high tension of 59... eh? people say kirschlbaum pro line 2 is good? kirschlbaum p2? technifibre black?

Steve Huff
10-29-2009, 06:08 AM
Those that say it lacks power are probably players who hadn't tried a polyester string before. Big Ace has average to higher power FOR A POLY. It's definitely lower than a multi or regular synthetic gut.

SteveI
10-29-2009, 06:29 AM
Those that say it lacks power are probably players who hadn't tried a polyester string before. Big Ace has average to higher power FOR A POLY. It's definitely lower than a multi or regular synthetic gut.

I am with Steve on this one. I found Big Ace to have nice power compared to many of the polys on the market. Very soft and better than average power for a poly. If I was going to compare it powerwise to a syn gut.. I would say PSGD. PSGD plays more crisp than Big Ace.

dadozen
10-29-2009, 09:19 AM
I found PLII to be much better than BA, especially on thinner gauges. But BA indeed is a good string, and can be considered soft for a poly string.

acer4tennis
10-30-2009, 10:03 AM
I agree that PLII a bit better than PC Big ace. But here what I found on Google
http://thetennisdepot.wordpress.com/2009/10/28/the-strings-the-thing/
To me a lot remarks make no sense.

Blade0324
10-30-2009, 11:20 AM
I found BA to be the most powerful Poly I've ever tried and thought it was even more powerful and mushy that a number of multi's I've tried. I'm generally not a fan of BA at all but to each their own.

High Roller
10-30-2009, 04:54 PM
BA has plenty of power. BA Micro even more so. I think CB 17L edges both in the power department, though,