PDA

View Full Version : Pronating too much?

Kedar
10-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Hi guys, after playing only doubles for a long time and using only slice and kick serves, I decided to try flat serves when I was practicing one day. I found that my wrist would roll too far, and I ended up hitting a 'reverse slice' serve, which is not what I intended to do. This just unintentionally happens when I snap my wrist to hit the ball flat.

Anyone have a solution as to what I can do to be able to hit the flat serve again

xFullCourtTenniSx
10-28-2009, 11:56 PM
Hi guys, after playing only doubles for a long time and using only slice and kick serves, I decided to try flat serves when I was practicing one day. I found that my wrist would roll too far, and I ended up hitting a 'reverse slice' serve, which is not what I intended to do. This just unintentionally happens when I snap my wrist to hit the ball flat.

Anyone have a solution as to what I can do to be able to hit the flat serve again

Apply regular slice spin to it and hit the ball hard. From there just pronate a little more, focus on putting less spin on it, and you'll have a regular flat serve. I'd personally would just stick to this hard slice if I can keep the sliding motion from being too excessive and can still generate adequate pace and weight on the shot.

paulfreda
10-29-2009, 05:02 AM
A lot depends on the grip you are using.
Is it Continental ??

If so, try using Eastern BH grip or close to it.
Then the pronation will not be too much.
It does feel awkward at the beginning with this grip but the
advantage is that you can pronate hard and as much as you
want and not worry.

Kedar
10-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Yes. I DO use a continental grip, just to clarify. I'll try eastern bh grip today when i go hit