PDA

View Full Version : Global Gut

SAFMAN69
10-29-2009, 04:34 AM
Hi, What are your thoughts on the quality of Global Gut?

JavierLW
10-29-2009, 06:52 AM

I think it's decent for the price.

It's pretty soft (at least the 16g was), but possibly doesnt have the same exact resiliency as VS, but I still like it better then using synthetics.

Seems like you need someone who's an expert stringer to install it though. Ive seen 9 racquets strung now with no premature breakage, but some people on here who string their own racquets keep running into that.

You probably need to be even more careful not to kink it or pull it too hard thru the crosses.

I havent experienced it in a full job yet though.

rasajadad
10-29-2009, 07:16 AM

Check the huge thread on this. Opinions vary widely on both the quality and the customer service.

southend
11-03-2009, 10:29 PM
[
Seems like you need someone who's an expert stringer to install it though. Ive seen 9 racquets strung now with no premature breakage, but some people on here who string their own racquets keep running into that. ]

I would agree --- just strung my first racquet and after it was fully strung, it broke at 2T and 3T near the throat of the racquet some time after I strung them up. Didn't even get to hit them. I'll have to be extra careful tomorrow when I try it again.

sporty
11-03-2009, 10:52 PM

Not worth the trouble IMO. If you must play with gut then prepare to pay for the good stuff, otherwise you'll be better off with high end multis. Check this thread for more:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=258601

steve s
11-04-2009, 12:37 PM
It is not as good as the Tonic 15l I had been using. Its more firm feeling with much less pop.

That said, I now have 20 hours on it with no sign of wear. Strings are starting to move.

Looking like a good find!!

alidisperanza
11-04-2009, 12:43 PM
It's not that hard to string. One just has to be more careful than usual. There are several obscenely long threads that cover just about every aspect of this one, search it up

Fedace
11-04-2009, 12:44 PM
people decided it is no good. cheap but performs horribly...

Fedace
11-04-2009, 12:45 PM
It is not as good as the Tonic 15l I had been using. Its more firm feeling with much less pop.

That said, I now have 20 hours on it with no sign of wear. Strings are starting to move.

Looking like a good find!!

not as good as tonic in what way ?

samster
11-04-2009, 06:52 PM
I actually like Global Gut quite a bit. I have only used 17 gauge Global Gut and I like it better than Klip Legend 17 for following reasons:

1) Cheaper Global at $12 vs. $26 for Klip.
2) A little softer than Klip but still "crisp."
3) Getting about the same durability. *Please note I am not a string breaker.
4) So far I have had a 1/2 set of Global and a 1/2 set of Klip break prematurely on me but nothing too out of ordinary.