PDA

View Full Version : Gasquet and Andre

Chopin
10-29-2009, 09:07 PM
Guys,

After AA came out an admitted to using drugs. Do you guys actually buy that Gasquet ingested cocaine from kissing someone? Is that even scientifically possible?

IvanAndreevich
10-29-2009, 09:12 PM
Come to think of it.. Agassi did meth in a low point of his career. Gasquet basically too.

veroniquem
10-29-2009, 09:14 PM
I don't know. I don't think you can get a significant amount of cocaine in your blood from kissing someone but what do I know? I don't kiss cocaine users :) (I guess my lifestyle is very different from tennis players'!)
Noone caught will EVER admit to doing it deliberately. Ever. They always say stuff like: my drink was spiked, I didn't know, it was in my cough medicine and so on and so forth. You can't possibly believe that 100% of those guys are telling the truth! (see Agassi).

McBrat
10-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Gasquet's Law. Based on the most sacred principle of science - argumentum ad ignorantiam.:p

Baikalic
10-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Guys,

After AA came out an admitted to using drugs. Do you guys actually buy that Gasquet ingested cocaine from kissing someone? Is that even scientifically possible?

No; the possibility of this is incredibly low...unless you're doing some weird stuff which I know ntohing about

LeftyServe
10-30-2009, 08:03 AM
Quit speculating from ignorance. Go read the panel opinion in the Gasquet case. It's readily available on-line. Pay particular attention to what the drug experts on all sides of this case said about the trace (insignificant) amount of cocaine found (with an absence of any cocaine metabolites) in Gasquet's system. If people would make the attempt to understand the basic science involved, it would become apparent that Gasquet's explanation is in fact the most likely explanation available, though other explanations (all involving accidental, unintentional ingestion) are possible.

Edward DFW
10-30-2009, 08:08 AM
Maybe he kissed martina hingis

NotSoSuper
10-30-2009, 07:45 PM
You guys realize that there was less than 1/10 of a line in the test right? Hes not an addict.. thats not even enough to get any effect..

AA said he did it for a year or so.. HUGE difference.

Falloutjr
10-30-2009, 07:51 PM
How a girl got cocaine in her mouth, let alone all over her tongue, I don't know or buy. She's doing it wrong, I guess.

bonedaddy888
10-30-2009, 10:49 PM
can we all be real for a minute. fact: cocaine stays in one's system for more than a few days. which brings me to my point - gasquet is notorious for partying - (ive seen pictures of him and tsonga, shirtless; workin their game on hypnotized french ladies) he probably did a rail - maybe just one bump - at some club. next day, falls face first into a random drug test the next day. whatever. is it a big deal, no. can the trace amount of cocaine in his system be reasonably blamed on kissing some girl - (the typical/timeless male scape goat mind you) - NOT A CHANCE. im not condemning him; doin drugs responsibly/moderately isnt a big deal - but the reality remains as such: gasquet is lying to avoid a suspension.......

clever girl. :?

Chopin
10-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Quit speculating from ignorance. Go read the panel opinion in the Gasquet case. It's readily available on-line. Pay particular attention to what the drug experts on all sides of this case said about the trace (insignificant) amount of cocaine found (with an absence of any cocaine metabolites) in Gasquet's system. If people would make the attempt to understand the basic science involved, it would become apparent that Gasquet's explanation is in fact the most likely explanation available, though other explanations (all involving accidental, unintentional ingestion) are possible.

Err provide me with a link and I'll look, but this sounds like complete BS:

The tribunal’s judgment said: “He kissed her at least seven times, each kiss lasting about five to ten seconds.”

They exchanged a final goodnight kiss at the strip club, it went on, after Pamela returned from the toilet, “where she had spent longer than expected”. The next morning a small amount of Benzoylecgonine, the primary metabolite of cocaine, was found in Gasquet’s body. “We conclude that it is more likely than not that the cocaine detected in the player’s urine sample entered by means of Pamela’s kissing in the period between about 2am to 5am that morning,” the judgment added.

Gasquet had committed no significant fault, the tribunal judgment said. “As a healthy single young man who is not often able to go out and enjoy himself in the evenings, it is not unnatural that he should have been attracted to Pamela, to the point of kissing her. He is not the first young man to have done such a thing.”

The tribunal imposed the minimum two-and-a-half month ban on the grounds that the tennis star had “placed himself in an environment where contamination with a prohibited substance was a risk”.

jwbarrientos
10-31-2009, 05:15 AM
Guys,

Not sure, but it would depends of how many kisses, type of kisses, kissing a girl, a boy, there are many variables in there :twisted:

All those people going with drugs are bad, anyhow there are a differences IMHO:

- Trying to cheat to take advantage.
- Lying to hide you were in drugs.
- Accepting your mistake and being banned.
- Be prescripted by an ATP certified doc and got banned.

IMHO, the worst is what Andre did.

jwbarrientos
10-31-2009, 05:17 AM
Maybe he kissed martina hingis

As I told you before, I would banned Martina only for kissing Stepanek :twisted:

malakas
10-31-2009, 05:33 AM
can we all be real for a minute. fact: cocaine stays in one's system for more than a few days. which brings me to my point - gasquet is notorious for partying - (ive seen pictures of him and tsonga, shirtless; workin their game on hypnotized french ladies) he probably did a rail - maybe just one bump - at some club. next day, falls face first into a random drug test the next day. whatever. is it a big deal, no. can the trace amount of cocaine in his system be reasonably blamed on kissing some girl - (the typical/timeless male scape goat mind you) - NOT A CHANCE. im not condemning him; doin drugs responsibly/moderately isnt a big deal - but the reality remains as such: gasquet is lying to avoid a suspension.......

clever girl. :?

yeah,let's be real.The amount found in his blood was so minimal that it could not come from doing even one bump.His hair sample was negative,meaning that this "notorious" partyanimal is NOT a chronic cocaine user.

I will take the expert opinion of a university toxicology proffessor over any opinion I hear here.I too in the beginning found the idea unlikely,but as after reading more in the case and hearing the experts opinions I have changed my mind.

Gasquet has now sued this clever girl and her friend and unfortunately his story is far from over as the ITF has appealed.I hope that the outrage after the Aggasi confession won't hurt his chances,though I sadly except so.:(

GasquetGOAT
10-31-2009, 06:02 AM
The title should be: Gasquet, Andre and Rafa.

Chopin
10-31-2009, 10:51 AM
I honestly don't care too much about AA's confession guys. I don't think it's that big of a deal. He still deserved the titles he won from a tennis performance point of view. Having an unhealthy meth addiction isn't going to help you on the court.

Yes, I understand that technically he should have been suspended, but he didn't get any performance boost from meth.

I also don't understand why people are upset that he's telling the truth now. The fault is not just on AA but also on the ATP for blindly accepting a highly suspect lie. If AA was not AA, but some journeyman, would they have given him the benefit of the doubt? No.

I still respect AA enormously and consider him one of the premier ambassadors for our sports.