PDA

View Full Version : Coaches/teaching pros in Nashville, TN?

ahile02
10-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Are there any coaches or teaching pros on here in the Nashville, TN region? I will be in Franklin the week of Thanksgiving visiting my father and stepmother and was wondering if I could get a lesson or two from anybody willing to do so. Thanks!

marsh
10-30-2009, 05:58 AM
I lived in Nashville for 2 years. I am only a 3.5. I took lessons for a year from Jason Suefert at Centennial Sportsplex. I wish that I still lived there, simply to be able to take lessons from him again. Here is the contact information:

Sportsplex Tennis Center
224 25th Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37203
(615) 862-8490

10-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Nashville is a strong tennis town I understand.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-30-2009, 08:17 AM
Nashville is a strong tennis town I understand.
Really?? Compared to Atlanta?

Bungalo Bill
10-30-2009, 08:21 AM
Atlanta is a very strong tennis town. As is the South in general.

10-30-2009, 08:22 AM
Really?? Compared to Atlanta?

I would say there jrs fare better against ATL than most cities of that size.

But I meant strong more in the way of not weak. Atl is quite a large metro area, with more league players than any other city. Really tough to form a comparison to a city like that.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Thanx guys, this is very interesting, is the weather the main reason to why tennis in the US-south/and California is much better than compared to the rest of the country?

10-30-2009, 08:36 AM
Thanx guys, this is very interesting, is the weather the main reason to why tennis in the US-south/and California is much better than compared to the rest of the country?
It is a snowball effect, excuse the pun. You get more pros in areas where they can teach year around. More pros may mean more players learn enough to have fun with the game and pros help to organize and make things grow too. Then Atlanta has ALTA on top of all that.

And yes, playing year around means you don't have to remember the game was fun when spring rolls around again or forget to start up again cause you are so busy with LIFE.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-30-2009, 08:42 AM
It is a snowball effect, excuse the pun. You get more pros in areas where they can teach year around. More pros may mean more players learn enough to have fun with the game and pros help to organize and make things grow too. Then Atlanta has ALTA on top of all that.

And yes, playing year around means you don't have to remember the game was fun when spring rolls around again or forget to start up again cause you are so busy with LIFE.
I see...thanx

marsh
10-30-2009, 10:49 AM
It is and it isn't. There are lot's of places to play (public and private). But, unlike were I live now, players didn't seem to get around very much. Meaning, I didn't see an ever changing group of players around. I never investigated the Vanderbilt courts, but some others have posted here that it is a fantastic facility.

I much prefer the tennis scene here in Memphis to that I experienced in Nashville.