PDA

View Full Version : String Suggestions....

beckham
10-29-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm currently using Luxilon Big Banger Original at 59lbs. I like the setup on my 16X18 string pattern, but I'm thinking adding more topspin wouldn't hurt my relatively flat strokes.
I'm wondering what strings others may have in mind. I am a 4.0 with strong ground strokes who plays both singles and doubles.

I have in mind:

Tecnifibre Blackcode 17

Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Rough 16L

Polyfibre Viper 17

I would like to use a full setup and tennis elbow is not an issue for me.
If you have suggestions, feel free to share, thanks in advance!:)

beckham
10-30-2009, 07:15 AM
bump!!!

10 char

beckham
10-30-2009, 06:50 PM
again?!?!

10chatrf

alidisperanza
10-30-2009, 08:13 PM
You're not really going to get that much more out of the particular strings. Alu Rough would be a bit of a step up short of going for kevlar. Maybe Spiky Shark or Signum Tornado. Imo you'd get more by dropping the racquet and smoothly accelerating out and up. Work on that bat-speed! AluRough has a linear output. The faster you swing (with good technique of course) the more you'll get out of the string.

beckham
10-31-2009, 02:05 PM
You're not really going to get that much more out of the particular strings. Alu Rough would be a bit of a step up short of going for kevlar. Maybe Spiky Shark or Signum Tornado. Imo you'd get more by dropping the racquet and smoothly accelerating out and up. Work on that bat-speed! AluRough has a linear output. The faster you swing (with good technique of course) the more you'll get out of the string.

Thanks, yeah I have a good forehand, but the take back and overall motion is very flat, I video taped myself and know what I need to change. Thanks for the input.

pow
10-31-2009, 02:42 PM
BB Original is already one of the spinniest strings I've used.

I haven't used ALU Power Rough, but I've always used ALU Power and I felt that BB Original provided more spin.

Cup8489
10-31-2009, 07:36 PM
BB Original is already one of the spinniest strings I've used.

I haven't used ALU Power Rough, but I've always used ALU Power and I felt that BB Original provided more spin.

yeah, BBO is a really good string for spin and control.. at 59 lbs i'm surprised your looking for more spin.

someone above suggested Spiky Shark, and most Kirschbaum strings give a great deal of spin, but BBO is way up there for spin production anyway..i'd maybe suggest ALU Power or ALU Rough, or even BBO Rough (never tried this, really want to however)

beckham
11-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Awesome, thanks guys!