PDA

View Full Version : Prince Poly Spin 3D

kaibaNYC06
10-30-2009, 01:52 AM
Sorry if this has been posted b4.

Prince has come out w/ a new string: Poly Spin 3D.
It's a textured Triangular shaped string. It'll be available in black and green.
Also, it'll come in a hybrid w/ Syn gut Multi.

Haven't strung my racquets w/ it yet and was wondering what other ppl thought about it. :)

"H"
11-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Yeah... I got a demo pack yesterday and strung it up as a blend and played with it today. I put the Poly Spin 3D in the mains on a TT Hornet OS and crossed it with 16g Lighting XX. The string seems like a nice softer playing polyester so it was not harsh on the arm at all. It did seem to add a tad extra spin on shots when you want it. Overall I think its just fine! For me, being not too hard on the arm was a real plus!

MarrratSafin
11-14-2009, 12:31 AM
Yeah... I got a demo pack yesterday and strung it up as a blend and played with it today. I put the Poly Spin 3D in the mains on a TT Hornet OS and crossed it with 16g Lighting XX. The string seems like a nice softer playing polyester so it was not harsh on the arm at all. It did seem to add a tad extra spin on shots when you want it. Overall I think its just fine! For me, being not too hard on the arm was a real plus!

Oh that sounds good thanks for the report. I thought the Prince Poly EXP is fairly hard so this is probably a good improvement, will give it a try once it's available here.

lawlitssoo1n
11-14-2009, 11:16 PM
wait it comes in half/half? or like a blend of syn gut just like the luxilon m2?

sorry i haven't been around for the newest strings yet, so bare w/ me

themitchmann
11-15-2009, 07:16 PM
It will be available in full sets, or in a hybrid set with syn gut multi.

kaibaNYC06
11-16-2009, 10:54 PM

Yeaa totally agree about it being a very soft poly. I strung one of my blacks w/ it (Black Mains, Green crosses :)). Spin, pop, and comfort were great +'s. The only thing I found kinda negative, is that the string seemed to lose tension relativly fast. It still feels like i'm getting good spin, it just seems like the strings feel more trampoline-ish. :-?

Actually come to think, all the textured poly's i've tried seem to have the same problem?? hmm??

DonBot
11-17-2009, 08:42 AM
^^^ try spp hextreme- it is one of the best polys out there for tension maintenance.

themitchmann
11-17-2009, 09:39 AM
I haven't tried the Poly Spin 3D, but I'm a huge fan of MSV. Looking forward to trying their new twisted string. I've got some SP Tornado that is waiting to be strung up as well.

"H"
11-19-2009, 12:53 AM
wait it comes in half/half? or like a blend of syn gut just like the luxilon m2?

sorry i haven't been around for the newest strings yet, so bare w/ me

Yes, just like (themitchmann) said above, it comes that way or a full pack.
I just took a full pack and cut it in 1/2 so I can make my own blend.

Yeaa totally agree about it being a very soft poly. I strung one of my blacks w/ it (Black Mains, Green crosses :)). Spin, pop, and comfort were great +'s. The only thing I found kinda negative, is that the string seemed to lose tension relativly fast. It still feels like i'm getting good spin, it just seems like the strings feel more trampoline-ish. :-?

Actually come to think, all the textured poly's i've tried seem to have the same problem?? hmm??

One good thing about the Poly type strings and losing tension is that they really dont trampoline that much :) I have tried many brands and some do lose tension but the poly just doesnt stretch so it was not an "out of control" trampoline effect. Just softer.

Did you break the string yet? How did you feel the durability was?

bluetrain4
03-05-2010, 08:25 PM
I demoed an EXO3 Black that was strung with Poly Spin 3D. Great string in my opinion. Good spin, comfortable, fairly cheap. All in all, very nice.