PDA

View Full Version : wilson enduro gold

babolat231
10-30-2009, 07:14 AM
does anyone liken this string? i was thinking about buying a reel. is it good as a hybrid?full?howlong it lasts?

Toad
10-30-2009, 08:21 AM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=287068

I tried some variety of Wilson Enduro...I think it was gold...the person who used to string my rackets put it in as a replacement for Pro Supex Blue Gear since he cut the wrong length of my Blue Gear. He said it was a similar string, but I thought it was absolute crap. Dropped tension real fast and played average (pretty low powered, mediocre control with it).

I cut mine out after around 8 hours of play. I tried it in a kevlar hybrid.

jefferson
10-30-2009, 08:30 AM
The gold is pretty terrible, therefore the cheap price. Loses tension super quick. Spend the money and buy the enduro pro. I really like this stuff. I have two reels of the gold in my basement, that I will never use. I don't even offer it to my customers anymore.

AR15
10-30-2009, 08:34 AM
It's very stiff, no power, and hard on the arm.

It's hard to break, though.

babolat231
10-30-2009, 08:41 AM
would a hybrid with a multi be very good?

acer4tennis
10-30-2009, 09:13 AM
By hybriding with multi, of coarse it will feel much better. The better crosses will be, the better Enduro will feel. Enduro is the old poly that someone makes for Wilson. Wilson is too "lazy" to pay more money for the strings that will be categorized as third generation. For poly you should look into strings company like Babolat and Technifibre and of course a smaller companies as well.

goran_ace
10-30-2009, 10:04 AM
the harshness of it can be tempered a bit by lowering tension and crossing with a multi, but the biggest problem with those old school poly's is that there is only a small window of time in which they will play at an acceptable level. so it it may look cheap, but its not the best value if you have to pay up for a good quality multi to make it feel halfway decent and then you'll be cutting out strings and stringing more often.