PDA

View Full Version : For Wil Hamilton

larry10s
10-30-2009, 09:45 AM
i tried to reach you via fyb premium but have not gotten a responce. its regarding my membership. do not want to get into it here ( nothing negative love the site) please email me larry 10s@yahoo.com. thaks

Fedace
10-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Will, i have a quick question for you on Stretegy.
As i get older, i am finding out that my footwork just isn't as good as it used to be in Singles. In doubles, it really doesn't hurt me at all. but in Singles at high levels such as USTA 4.5, it seems like it is really starting to hurt me.
but something strange happened. The other day in a practice match, i was playing a set of singles and i was down 3-0 and i just got frustrated so i decided to go for everything on the returns and on the groundies especially off the forehand side. and even on the serves, i just decided to go for Aces on the 1st serves everytime. and strangely enough, i came back and won the set 7-5. Not sure what would have happened if we kept playing.

My question is do you think this kind of 1st strike tennis, kind of like what James Blake does on the returns, works ? Do you think this is the way i should play as i get older and lose footspeed and footwork ?

coyfish
10-30-2009, 10:22 AM
As i get older, i am finding out that my footwork just isn't as good as it used to be in Singles. In doubles, it really doesn't hurt me at all. but in Singles at high levels such as USTA 4.5, it seems like it is really starting to hurt me.
but something strange happened. The other day in a practice match, i was playing a set of singles and i was down 3-0 and i just got frustrated so i decided to go for everything on the returns and on the groundies especially off the forehand side. and even on the serves, i just decided to go for Aces on the 1st serves everytime. and strangely enough, i came back and won the set 7-5. Not sure what would have happened if we kept playing.

My question is do you think this kind of 1st strike tennis, kind of like what James Blake does on the returns, works ? Do you think this is the way i should play as i get older and lose footspeed and footwork ?

Dude aren't you in high school ??? LAWL your peaking and your getting worse. That means your not in as good of shape as you were a couple years ago. Your peak is 19-low 20's in terms of sheer athleticism.

Fedace
10-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Dude aren't you in high school ??? LAWL your peaking and your getting worse. That means your not in as good of shape as you were a couple years ago. Your peak is 19-low 20's in terms of sheer athleticism.

LOL,,,no Duuuude.....not in HS. Not EVEN in the ballpark.......dude.:-?

ryangoring
10-30-2009, 10:30 AM
i think he is an alum of stanford?! if i'm not mistaken

larry10s
10-30-2009, 11:03 AM

hijacking threads are we now????

coyfish
10-30-2009, 06:27 PM
LOL,,,no Duuuude.....not in HS. Not EVEN in the ballpark.......dude.:-?

Lol sorry about that. Could have sworn I read a post by you saying you were young. My fault :).

tricky
10-30-2009, 06:43 PM
hijacking threads are we now????

Speaking of hijacking . . .

Eli, two losses in a row dude. Now you gotta go into Philly. Scared, much? :D

larry10s
10-31-2009, 04:43 AM
Speaking of hijacking . . .

Eli, two losses in a row dude. Now you gotta go into Philly. Scared, much? :D

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):)

ahile02
10-31-2009, 08:47 AM
GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):)

+ 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!