PDA

View Full Version : Stosur Will Win Aus Open!!

15-0
10-30-2009, 10:47 PM
Trust me i think she has got a really good chance she can beat Serena, likes hard court just not as fast as us open.

120mphBodyServe
10-30-2009, 11:09 PM
Meh... she sucks and she's ugly. I wouldn't want to listen to her make the victory speech anyway...
Would be the worst thing since Kath & Kim....

Cantankersore
10-30-2009, 11:10 PM
It's possible, but not likely. But I will say that I would be happy to see her win, for I like her game. It would also be nice for the Australian Open to have an Australian champion. On the other hand, I wouldn't bet on it.

jamesblakefan#1
10-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Meh... she sucks and she's ugly. I wouldn't want to listen to her make the victory speech anyway...
Would be the worst thing since Kath & Kim....

What does looks have to do with anything? Last I checked Clijsters and Henin are no beauty queens, yet everyones hailing them as saviours of the WTA...

Keifers
10-30-2009, 11:47 PM
I sure hope so. I'm a longtime fan and it was great to see her play at the Bank of the West Classic at Stanford in July.

She has a slice 1hbh that has all the accuracy and touch and elegance of Fed's corner-to-corner slice 1hbh. I kid you not -- it's that good. A thing of beauty.

And of course, she has a true all-court game. She can actually volley!

I bumped into her outside the stadium after after her match with Domi Cibulkova (Sam won in 2) and we chatted for a few minutes. As expected, she was friendly and down-to-earth -- very much in the tradition of Aussie sportsmen and women.

Go Sam!! :D

boredone3456
10-30-2009, 11:51 PM
It is possible given the way things are on the tour lately, the right draw and with the crowd behind her she could make a run. I don't think she will but it is entirely possible.

120mphBodyServe
10-30-2009, 11:51 PM
What does looks have to do with anything? Last I checked Clijsters and Henin are no beauty queens, yet everyones hailing them as saviours of the WTA...

Personally I think Justine is very cute.... And I love the accent...
I'd bang her if she put on some weight.

jamesblakefan#1
10-30-2009, 11:58 PM
It is possible given the way things are on the tour lately, the right draw and with the crowd behind her she could make a run. I don't think she will but it is entirely possible.

If Stosur wins the AO somehow, it would be viewed as the pits in the history of the women's game. That's nothing against Stosur, who I like as a player, just fact. The comebacks of Henin and Clijsters would both be viewed as doomed if neither won the AO and a journeywoman, not a top dog, was able to do so. We already have had people claim if Wozniacki won the USO it would be the bottom for the women's game, at least Wozniacki's a top 10 player. Stosur still isn't, if she somehow won a slam it would be the ultimate indictment of the quality of the women's field.

grafselesfan
10-31-2009, 12:31 AM
Stosur will never win a singles slam. Sorry, I like her but she isnt that good.

tennis_hand
10-31-2009, 01:20 AM
Trust me i think she has got a really good chance she can beat Serena, likes hard court just not as fast as us open.

big claim. attention seeker. big mouth. no credit.

jamesblakefan#1
06-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Stosur will never win a singles slam. Sorry, I like her but she isnt that good.

Oops. :oops:

Don't worry davey - I mean 'grafselesfan' ;), I was wrong on this one too. :)