PDA

View Full Version : you hybrid redcode with what?

THESEXPISTOL
10-31-2009, 05:02 AM
I'm hybring with Tecnifibre Synthetic Gut. It's pretty good, but if lacks a bit in feel. I'm thinking about replacing the Syngut by X1 at the crosses.

Can you post your own experiences? I string around 24-26kgs

jazar
10-31-2009, 06:06 AM
i've done it with multifeel before and that was pretty nice. i've also done it with pacific pmx, which is basically the same construction as x1. that was a great combination, but had no durability at all

Confusedaboutgear
10-31-2009, 09:00 AM
Hybrid the prc with gosen synthgut and it's pretty awesome

Richie Rich
10-31-2009, 09:32 AM
something like tecnifbre multifeel might be a cheaper choice. after all all you want is a soft cross and using x-1 might be a waste of $

luthertn
10-31-2009, 10:12 AM
i strung mine with prince topspin ..loved it felt smooth

Aces09
10-31-2009, 10:15 AM
most recently, I tried Red Code mains with Head Natural gut crosses. Wow, what a great feel. They sell the natural gut at TW in half sets and it feels fantastic. One of the best Poly main/gut cross hybrids I've ever used. The Red code doesn't move at all and the gut gives me a nice pocketing feel at contact, the racquet has a very open string pattern (100sq in 16x19) and the spin is insane. I recommend pretty much any gut, Head is great, Wilson is decent, but Babolat is the best, I've tried all the babolat guts and they're all phenomenal.

VS17 is of course the best, VS touch is sweet too, those are my two favorite strings of all time