PDA

View Full Version : Federer: Last Of A Dying Breed

Conquistador
10-31-2009, 03:40 PM
The story continues to unravel. The history book begins to write new chapters. This is the career of Roger Federer. A Legend to everyone who has ever picked up a tennis racquet. Roger is the last of the traditionalists in todays game. Roger comes about as a true gentleman unwilling to give into change in a rapidly modernizing industrial world. Take one good look at Federer, he is a player who could have played in the 1930's but is playing in the modern game. While many have resorted to speed, and hitting the ball as hard as humanly possible, here is a player who subsuquently abhors that idea. Federer moves gracefully and works on his shotmaking more than anyone in the modern game. Whats more amazing is that Federer is not the greatest athlete, does not have the greatest speed, and is not the strongest player. You would think by these criteria that he would be struggling on any amateur tour. But this is the man who has beaten the world 8 times over. A man who has conquered the 7 seas and whos legacy is written in stone. Roger Federer is the last of the traditionalists.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gUjx7IIcbCU/Sk_fSIx8ijI/AAAAAAAAK8E/g_3rnKbnqiM/s320/roger-federer-sweater-12.jpg

TheMagicianOfPrecision
10-31-2009, 03:44 PM
Very good post, not much i wanna add right now.
What part do you want to discuss OP?

Knightmace
10-31-2009, 03:44 PM
Nice post :D

FlamEnemY
10-31-2009, 03:50 PM
On a side note, Federer probably hits his FH heavier than almost everyone on tour.
But yeah.

Knightmace
10-31-2009, 03:53 PM
He may not be the strongest,fastest or the most athletic but he has an abundant of all three which makes him complete.

zambo
10-31-2009, 04:01 PM
^^^^Everytime i read through it, i just can't stop laughing! :lol:

Truly epic!

Bjorkman & Johnny Mac
10-31-2009, 04:04 PM
There will be more... The game continues on even though an all time great retires.. There will be new guys with insane talent who come and dominate the game and do so effortlessly.. Theres always has been always will be.

Before there was Pancho there was Tilden, After them was Laver, from laver it went to Borg, then to Pete, then to Federer... From Fed, there will be more

zambo
10-31-2009, 04:06 PM
What is soo wrong with what he wrote? Nothing. Your insults are are completely unnecessary.

Oh please, Conquistador's fanboyism is completely unnecessary. This thread is as pointless as it gets.

hoodjem
10-31-2009, 04:07 PM
But this is the man who has beaten the world 8 times over.

Did I miss something? Thermopylae? The Milvian Bridge? Cabra? Culloden? Waterloo? Anzio?

SirGounder
10-31-2009, 04:08 PM
The insults may be unnecessary but still funny.

Have to admit I agree with the OP though. Federer is unique and sadly I don't see another pro coming along any time soon that will have his combination of skills.

Baikalic
10-31-2009, 04:09 PM
Did I miss something? Thermopylae? The Milvian Bridge? Culloden? Waterloo? Anzio?

Gaugamela.

LiveForever
10-31-2009, 04:10 PM
Oh please, Conquistador's fanboyism is completely unnecessary. This thread is as pointless as it gets.
Yeah, like this guy is the only fanboy on the site :roll:. As a matter of fact, Lets flame JamesBlakeFan#1 next he defends James Blake and call him a troll and owner of multiple accounts.

OddJack
10-31-2009, 04:11 PM
Good post Conq. I hope he is not the last, but we are just so lucky to live at the same time as him and enjoy watching his game.

And by the way, try to ignore some idiots on the board and just stay on the subject,

Happy Haloween :D

zambo
10-31-2009, 04:14 PM
Yeah, like this guy is the only fanboy on the site :roll:. As a matter of fact, Lets flame JamesBlakeFan#1 next he defends James Blake and call him a troll and owner of multiple accounts.

This "guy" is the only one on these boards who creates silly threads such as this. JBF has not made silly threads like these for James Blake.

Baikalic
10-31-2009, 04:14 PM

I really wouldn't be surprised. That kind of stuff apparently happens on a regular basis here.

An entertaining post by Conquistador, I will say.

JeMar
10-31-2009, 04:16 PM

Don't take this so personally, this is just standard operating procedure when Conquistador makes one of these "fan"tastic threads.

jms007
10-31-2009, 04:22 PM
People, people stop spamming and start discussing before I report you all.
Yeah, DISCUSS.

veroniquem
10-31-2009, 04:25 PM
So Federer doesn't use speed and power for his game?
Dear, the hogwash one has to go through on this board :roll:

JeMar
10-31-2009, 04:27 PM
You guys need to learn to relax. The OP's threads are so dripping with hyperbole that it's beyond ridiculous. Not only is Federer not the last of "classically minded" players, he's not even the most traditional player out there today. There are plenty of players that have more of an all-around game than Federer and have more traditional technique.

jms007
10-31-2009, 04:29 PM
I think this guy should write Federer's bio in about 5 years.
I'd buy it!

OddJack
10-31-2009, 04:30 PM
You guys need to learn to relax. The OP's threads are so dripping with hyperbole that it's beyond ridiculous. Not only is Federer not the last of "classically minded" players, he's not even the most traditional player out there today. There are plenty of players that have more of an all-around game than Federer and have more traditional technique.

Those guys are irrelevant. Being traditional is one thing, being traditional and breaking records is something else.

Carsomyr
10-31-2009, 04:32 PM
Did I miss something? Thermopylae? The Milvian Bridge? Cabra? Culloden? Waterloo? Anzio?

Not to mention Tours and Hastings. Fed conquered those places, too.

hoodjem
10-31-2009, 04:42 PM
Gaugamela.

Wow! Fed beat Darius and his Persians.

akv89
10-31-2009, 04:53 PM
The story continues to unravel. The history book begins to write new chapters. This is the career of Roger Federer. A Legend to everyone who has ever picked up a tennis racquet. Roger is the last of the traditionalists in todays game. Roger comes about as a true gentleman unwilling to give into change in a rapidly modernizing industrial world. Take one good look at Federer, he is a player who could have played in the 1930's but is playing in the modern game. While many have resorted to speed, and hitting the ball as hard as humanly possible, here is a player who subsuquently abhors that idea. Federer moves gracefully and works on his shotmaking more than anyone in the modern game. Whats more amazing is that Federer is not the greatest athlete, does not have the greatest speed, and is not the strongest player. You would think by these criteria that he would be struggling on any amateur tour. But this is the man who has beaten the world 8 times over. A man who has conquered the 7 seas and whos legacy is written in stone. Roger Federer is the last of the traditionalists.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gUjx7IIcbCU/Sk_fSIx8ijI/AAAAAAAAK8E/g_3rnKbnqiM/s320/roger-federer-sweater-12.jpg

Translation: Conquistadorian to English

Federer is pretty good at tennis. He doesn't swing that hard or run really fast or anything, but I think he still wins a lot of matches so he must be good. Kinda like Rod whatchamacallhim and Something Rosewall. I never saw them play, but I figure they probably play like Federer. I think I'm the only one who realized that he's pretty good, so I'll keep making threads with titles of the format "Player name: Exaggerated claim" to enlighten people about his skills.

rommil
10-31-2009, 04:54 PM
I'd buy it!

If it means that Conquistador will leave the boards "again" this minute and start working on that book, I promise to "buy" it too.

Conquistador
10-31-2009, 04:59 PM
If it means that Conquistador will leave the boards "again" this minute and start working on that book, I promise to "buy" it too.

I'm not "buying" that. The joke is now on you.

rommil
10-31-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm not "buying" that. The joke is now on you.

Oh hello, there you are! So now that we have each others attention I just wanted to say that I might have "lied" on the promise of buying your "book" but be assured that I am sincere on my wish that you would fulfill your promises you made multiple numerous times to leave the boards. Apologies to the other posters for the derailment of the thread.

jamesblakefan#1
10-31-2009, 06:06 PM

What is Conquistador defending? The fact that Federer is pretty good at tennis? Anyone with half a brain knows that. This thread is pointless and unnecessary.

Don't take this so personally, this is just standard operating procedure when Conquistador makes one of these "fan"tastic threads.

Yep, just keeping the tradition alive.

veroniquem
10-31-2009, 06:10 PM
I'd buy it!

You'd buy a kiss *** bio? Shame!

rommil
10-31-2009, 06:16 PM
We all know you prefer a "pick ***" bio.

veroniquem
10-31-2009, 06:19 PM
We all know you prefer a "pick ***" bio.

:lol: good one.
Anything but kiss *** will do for me...

Recon
10-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Feds forehand is the best in the game, his swing speed is only rivaled by nadal ... so wtf is this? i like fed but hes modern, he uses a windshield wiper, massive spin, and his foot speed is crazy. He may have traditional touches in his game but to be at the top of a modern game you best believe he has a modern approach. stop this nonsense please, this board is cluttered enough with childish nadal and fed fanboys sucking each other off.

jms007
10-31-2009, 06:37 PM

Hey, the man's a poet! screw perspective :D

For some reason I imagine this Conquistador kid really wears that outfit in his avatar in real life.

Conquistador
10-31-2009, 06:39 PM
Feds forehand is the best in the game, his swing speed is only rivaled by nadal ... so wtf is this? i like fed but hes modern, he uses a windshield wiper, massive spin, and his foot speed is crazy. He may have traditional touches in his game but to be at the top of a modern game you best believe he has a modern approach. stop this nonsense please, this board is cluttered enough with childish nadal and fed fanboys sucking each other off.

I disagree respectfully. Federer's game is built around the history and the preservence of the game. Federer has a game that is built to handle any style of play that follows suit. Roger is a player who can change, nearly redistribute his game in other facets by playing YOUR game. Federer's game is built for porevious generations, but hes soo good that he can outmuster modern baseline constiuints. Roger can play percentages. Hes proven this before and will make you break down.

peli_kan
10-31-2009, 06:42 PM
The story continues to unravel. The history book begins to write new chapters. This is the career of Conquistador. A Legend to everyone who has ever read Talk Tennis. Conquistador is the last of the trolls on todays boards. Conquistador comes about as a true moron unwilling to stop it with his awful threads. Take one good look at Conquistador, he is a troll who could have trolled in the 1990's but internet speeds were not fast enough at this point. Alas we are stuck with him forever. While many have resorted to actually contributing positively to discussion, Conquistador insists on starting pointless threads. When Conquistador says that he is leaving the boards for good, he subsuquently abhors that idea. Conquistador moves quickly and works under at least two other user names, "severus" and "BlakeGOAT". Whats more amazing is that Conquistador is not the greatest troll, does not have the greatest vocabulary, and is not the smartest troll. You would think by these criteria that he would be trolling on MTF. But this is the man who has trolled the world 8 times over. A man who has trolled the 7 seas and whos legacy is written in stone. Conquistador is truly the last of the dying trolls...

http://redfizz.com/rf/usrimg12345%5C8330.jpg

LONG LIVE CONQUISTADOR.

I laughed.

Back on topic, conquistador is a true tryhard whose highly exaggerated posts reveal a lack of tennis understandings that even entry level fans should grasp. Federer has acquired an amazing level of game time intensity and plays with traditional class, but his game is anything but 1930s. His forehand is modern, his baseline work is modern, his netplay is supported by modern approach shots. His grips are modern, as is his gear.

Back when I first read criticism of conquistador, I felt that it was harsh and uncalled for. However, after hunting down the list of threads that he has started, I now understand that conquistador does not care about stimulating debate or presenting coherent declarations that add to TT on TW.

Toxicmilk
10-31-2009, 06:44 PM
I disagree respectfully. Federer's game is built around the history and the preservence of the game. Federer has a game that is built to handle any style of play that follows suit. Roger is a player who can change, nearly redistribute his game in other facets by playing YOUR game. Federer's game is built for porevious generations, but hes soo good that he can outmuster modern baseline constiuints. Roger can play percentages. Hes proven this before and will make you break down.

All that and he still can't handle.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxc0bmd4WWg ...?

He's good, for sure, real damn good, but you make him sound like....

rommil
10-31-2009, 06:45 PM
:lol: good one.
Anything but kiss *** will do for me...

Write one for Rafa. We know how that one will sound. It will be like "kiss *** with a little tongue".

Chadwixx
10-31-2009, 06:53 PM
All that and he still can't handle.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxc0bmd4WWg ...?

He's good, for sure, real damn good, but you make him sound like....

Have you been keeping up with tennis? This isnt 2008

Toxicmilk
10-31-2009, 06:55 PM
Have you been keeping up with tennis? This isnt 2008

No need to be snarky here. I don't see him hitting winners off that shot.

Conquistador
10-31-2009, 06:55 PM
I laughed.

Back on topic, conquistador is a true tryhard whose highly exaggerated posts reveal a lack of tennis understandings that even entry level fans should grasp. Federer has acquired an amazing level of game time intensity and plays with traditional class, but his game is anything but 1930s. His forehand is modern, his baseline work is modern, his netplay is supported by modern approach shots. His grips are modern, as is his gear.

Back when I first read criticism of conquistador, I felt that it was harsh and uncalled for. However, after hunting down the list of threads that he has started, I now understand that conquistador does not care about stimulating debate or presenting coherent declarations that add to TT on TW.

Look at the grace and sheer elegance of Federer's game here. Federer is a historic shotmaker and one who plays with an ample amount of spin and is able to dictate the outcome of pace .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIqRzMZgdKU&feature=related

Bjorkman & Johnny Mac
10-31-2009, 07:03 PM
Look at the grace and sheer elegance of Federer's game here. Federer is a historic shotmaker and one who plays with an ample amount of spin and is able to dictate the outcome of pace .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIqRzMZgdKU&feature=related

There has been many though and there will be many again.. Im not understanding why people around here think Fed is the be all end all in everything in the sport of tennis.. He does everything from reasonably-well to great agreed. But its not as though he is the greatest in every aspect of the game.. Theres been better. Fed is like any other player.. He has his bread and butter.. Deadly FH, elegance and movement, dictation from the baseline. Borg had his speed, Pete had his deadly serve, Laver had his all around tactical aggressive attacking player, Edberg had his deadly net game, Pancho had his serve. But all players, Fed included, are stronger at certain things than other

Conquistador
10-31-2009, 07:11 PM
There has been many though and there will be many again.. Im not understanding why people around here think Fed is the be all end all in everything in the sport of tennis.. He does everything from reasonably-well to great agreed. But its not as though he is the greatest in every aspect of the game.. Theres been better. Fed is like any other player.. He has his bread and butter.. Deadly FH, elegance and movement, dictation from the baseline. Borg had his speed, Pete had his deadly serve, Laver had his all around tactical aggressive attacking player, Edberg had his deadly net game, Pancho had his serve. But all players, Fed included, are stronger at certain things than other

I would like to agree, but I can't. Federer has mastered every shot in the book. Old tennis magazines centralized on proper technique are now irrelevant to any young tennis player today.Roger Federer is soo good that every instruction manual, every teaching guide, and every tennis academy should have Roger Federer's shotmaking at the forefront of their teaching. Roger has had that kind of impact on the game. Did I mention that he also has won a lot?

<3tennis!!!
10-31-2009, 07:12 PM
The story continues to unravel. The history book begins to write new chapters. This is the career of Conquistador. A Legend to everyone who has ever read Talk Tennis. Conquistador is the last of the trolls on todays boards. Conquistador comes about as a true moron unwilling to stop it with his awful threads. Take one good look at Conquistador, he is a troll who could have trolled in the 1990's but internet speeds were not fast enough at this point. Alas we are stuck with him forever. While many have resorted to actually contributing positively to discussion, Conquistador insists on starting pointless threads. When Conquistador says that he is leaving the boards for good, he subsuquently abhors that idea. Conquistador moves quickly and works under at least two other user names, "severus" and "BlakeGOAT". Whats more amazing is that Conquistador is not the greatest troll, does not have the greatest vocabulary, and is not the smartest troll. You would think by these criteria that he would be trolling on MTF. But this is the man who has trolled the world 8 times over. A man who has trolled the 7 seas and whos legacy is written in stone. Conquistador is truly the last of the dying trolls...

LONG LIVE CONQUISTADOR.ahahaha. then jemar had to come and completely ruin it:( nice one JBF!:)

Bjorkman & Johnny Mac
10-31-2009, 07:17 PM
I would like to agree, but I can't. Federer has mastered every shot in the book. Old tennis magazines centralized on proper technique are now irrelevant to any young tennis player today.Roger Federer is soo good that every instruction manual, every teaching guide, and every tennis academy should have Roger Federer's shotmaking at the forefront of their teaching. Roger has had that kind of impact on the game. Did I mention that he also has won a lot?

Fed has never mastered an uncanny ability of serve-volley attacking aggressive tennis.. He mastered more of the shotmaking baseline ability which he saw tenfold the results with this. Obviously if he mastered the art of attacking serve volley tennis, his h2h with Nadal probably look a little better. But he wasnt as comfortable in that type of game to rely on it. I saw this at Wimbeldon 08. Fed was caught like a deer in headlights many times and seeing Nadal's passiing shots wiz by him.. So in retrospect, NO... Fed has not mastered every aspect of the game. He is stronger at certain aspects than others as is every player.. And cant rely on every shot.. And as we've sure cant rely on his BH either as Nadal has shown as well.

Conquistador
10-31-2009, 07:23 PM
Fed has never mastered an uncanny ability of serve-volley attacking aggressive tennis.. He mastered more of the shotmaking baseline ability which he saw tenfold the results with this. Obviously if he mastered the art of attacking serve volley tennis, his h2h with Nadal probably look a little better. But he wasnt as comfortable in that type of game to rely on it. I saw this at Wimbeldon 08. Fed was caught like a deer in headlights many times and seeing Nadal's passiing shots wiz by him.. So in retrospect, NO... Fed has not mastered every aspect of the game. He is stronger at certain aspects than others as is every player.. And cant rely on every shot.. And as we've sure cant rely on his BH either as Nadal has shown as well.

Federer is a chameleon. He can change his game in order to challenge your style of play. Theres no denying that Federer will outclass you and make you ponder why you have even tried to challenge him. Roger is soo elaborate with his scheme that he has no actual style of play. Federer is not an all courter, not a defensive basliner, not a pusher, but Federer is a chameleon.

Bjorkman & Johnny Mac
10-31-2009, 07:26 PM
Federer is a chameleon. He can change his game in order to challenge your style of play. Theres no denying that Federer will outclass you and make you ponder why you have even tried to challenge him. Roger is soo elaborate with his scheme that he has no actual style of play. Federer is not an all courter, not a defensive basliner, not a pusher, but Federer is a chameleon.

So what does that make Nadal then since he has gotten the best of Roger on numerous occasions?

peli_kan
10-31-2009, 07:28 PM

So Federer is a chameleon? This is @#$%ing tennis that we're talking about. You're so impossibly abstract with all of your arguments that you're worse than wrong.

Bud
10-31-2009, 07:32 PM

So what does that make Nadal then since he has gotten the best of Roger on numerous occasions?

The chameleon slayer :lol:

Conquistador
10-31-2009, 07:36 PM
So Federer is a chameleon? This is @#$%ing tennis that we're talking about. You're so impossibly abstract with all of your arguments that you're worse than wrong.

Federer adapts to your style of play. I study Federer a lot. Federer knows how to distinguish player types. Roger does not fall into ANY style of classification of player. Roger is unique. If you want to hit with Roger from the baseline, he will follow suit, if you want to serve and volley, federer will match you, and do it better. Roger is constantly adapting to different styles on the ATP Tour. What makes him the best ever is the fact that he can play any style, but play it better.

LanceStern
10-31-2009, 07:36 PM
Oddly enough, his argument is truth AND funny.

You guys have some hate in you. If his topic was worthless and you knew what you came for, why did you even come in it? Especially if you knew it added to no discussion?

I agree with the topic btw, but I don't know what porevious means and maybe not every book should have Federers' picture.

But I loled at it.

If he's not HATING on another player, leave Conquistador alone.

Sentinel
10-31-2009, 07:48 PM

LONG LIVE CONQUISTADOR.
thanks for that JBF !!! LOL !!

kishnabe
10-31-2009, 08:21 PM

LONG LIVE CONQUISTADOR.

Thanks to you I woke up my parents at 1 am in the morning afer reading this. This post made me laugh till i hit the floor. Allways, you rerange the posts in sarcastic ways.

Serendipitous
10-31-2009, 08:52 PM
The adorable story continues to unravel. The history book begins to write new chapters. This is the career of Mr. Kitty. A Legend to everyone who has ever picked up a cute kitten. Mr. Kitty is the last of the Puss Family in todays game. Mr. Kitty comes about as a true kitty unwilling to give into change in a rapidly modernizing world of cute animals. Take one good look at Mr. Kitty, he is a little furry animal who could have played in the Cat Show but is playing in the modern household. While many have resorted to superficial cuteness, and hitting the ball of yarn as hard as humanly possible, here is a playa who subsuquently abhors that idea. Mr. Kitty sleeps gracefully and works on his purring more than anyone in the modern game. Whats more amazing is that Mr. Kitty is not the greatest kitten, does not have the greatest speed, and is not the strongest ball of fur. You would think by these criteria that he would be struggling on any amateur Cat Show. But this is the kitty who has beaten the dogs 8 times over. A kitty who has conquered the 7 Kittens and whos legacy is written in stone. Mr. Kitty is the last of the Cutey Pies.

http://gryphonscry.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/cute_baby_kitten.jpg

mandy01
10-31-2009, 09:05 PM
^^ aaaaww :lol:
I'm waiting for Gorecki's contribution now :lol:

Vyse
10-31-2009, 09:22 PM
conquistador, i thought i was obsesssed wth nadal, but uve taken it to whole nothre level with your ridiculous sayings about federer. i enjoy them tho, i will admit. hahahahahaha

Baikalic
10-31-2009, 09:30 PM
No need to be snarky here. I don't see him hitting winners off that shot.

That wasn't even 2008, that was from TMC 06 I believe.

Cody
10-31-2009, 09:42 PM
Federer adapts to your style of play. I study Federer a lot. Federer knows how to distinguish player types. Roger does not fall into ANY style of classification of player. Roger is unique. If you want to hit with Roger from the baseline, he will follow suit, if you want to serve and volley, federer will match you, and do it better. Roger is constantly adapting to different styles on the ATP Tour. What makes him the best ever is the fact that he can play any style, but play it better.

I'd like to see him play santoro style.......

Anyway nice post jamesblackfan, i needed a cheer up.

pame
10-31-2009, 09:55 PM
This "guy" is the only one on these boards who creates silly threads such as this. JBF has not made silly threads like these for James Blake.

So how would you know that seeing that you're a "new" user - or maybe not!

Sentinel
10-31-2009, 11:02 PM
The adorable story continues to unravel. The history book begins to write new chapters. This is the career of Mr. Kitty. A Legend to everyone who has ever picked up a cute kitten. Mr. Kitty is the last of the Puss Family in todays game. Mr. Kitty comes about as a true kitty unwilling to give into change in a rapidly modernizing world of cute animals. Take one good look at Mr. Kitty, he is a little furry animal who could have played in the Cat Show but is playing in the modern household. While many have resorted to superficial cuteness, and hitting the ball of yarn as hard as humanly possible, here is a playa who subsuquently abhors that idea. Mr. Kitty sleeps gracefully and works on his purring more than anyone in the modern game. Whats more amazing is that Mr. Kitty is not the greatest kitten, does not have the greatest speed, and is not the strongest ball of fur. You would think by these criteria that he would be struggling on any amateur Cat Show. But this is the kitty who has beaten the dogs 8 times over. A kitty who has conquered the 7 Kittens and whos legacy is written in stone. Mr. Kitty is the last of the Cutey Pies.

http://gryphonscry.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/cute_baby_kitten.jpg
OMG, do you guys seriously think you can top the legendary Conquistador!!!

Good one, Seren. :-D

Toxicmilk
10-31-2009, 11:11 PM
That wasn't even 2008, that was from TMC 06 I believe.

I still don't see the point.
It's not like I'm hating on Fed here. I was just responding to Conq. and his portrayal of Federer ._.

Falloutjr
10-31-2009, 11:23 PM
The story continues to unravel. The history book begins to write new chapters. This is the career of bunny with pancake. A Legend to everyone who has ever seen a bunny. Bunny with pancake is the last of the traditionalists in todays game. Bunny with pancake comes about as a true cute little bunny unwilling to give into change in a rapidly modernizing industrial world. Take one good look at bunny with pancake, he is a bunny who could have lived in the 1930's but is living in the modern game. While many have resorted to human voice overs, and computer generated graphics to make bunnies look as cute as possible, here is a bunny who subsuquently abhors that idea. Bunny with pancake balances pancake on his head gracefully and works on his form more than anyone in the modern game. Whats more amazing is that bunny with pancake is not the most impressive bunny, does not have the greatest cuteness, and is not the strongest bunny. You would think by these criteria that he would be struggling on any amateur tour. But this is the bunny who has beaten the world 8 times over. A bunny who has conquered the 7 seas and whos legacy is written in stone. Bunny with pancake is the last of the traditionalists.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f127/cjneises/oolong_pancake.jpg

jamesblakefan#1
10-31-2009, 11:31 PM
thanks for that JBF !!! LOL !!

Thanks to you I woke up my parents at 1 am in the morning afer reading this. This post made me laugh till i hit the floor. Allways, you rerange the posts in sarcastic ways.

Thank you to all. Just doing my job...if Conquistador's gonna start moronic and meaningless threads, I have to do my part. :lol:

Olorin
11-01-2009, 01:34 AM
The story continues to unravel. The history book begins to write new chapters. This is the career of mouse on toad. A Legend to everyone who has ever seen a mouse riding a toad. Mouse on toad is the last of the traditionalists in todays game. Mouse on toad comes about as a true brave little mouse unwilling to give into change in a rapidly modernizing industrial world. Take one good look at mouse on toad, he is a mouse who could have lived in the 1930's but is living in the modern game. Some would say that mice riding toads are arrogant by nature, but here is a mouse who subsequently abhors that idea. Mouse on toad rides the waves gracefully and works on his form more than anyone in the modern game. Whats more amazing is that mouse on toad is not the most impressive mouse, does not have the greatest speed, or is the strongest mouse. You would think by these criteria that he would be struggling on any amateur tour. But this is the mouse who has beaten the world 8 times over. A mouse who has conquered the 7 seas and whos legacy is written in stone. Mouse on toad is the last of the traditionalists.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xwE0rBDpg1Y/SPSWZEKpMiI/AAAAAAAAB_g/R0GG2L7yTIQ/s400/crazy-photos-mouse-riding-toad.jpg

Olorin
11-01-2009, 01:49 AM
Just as mouse on toad is a legend in his own right...here are a number of other legends in the tennis era.....

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/musicjunki89/funny-animal-pictures-6.jpg

Goat with braces. Immortalized in every respect.

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt259/tylercasteel19/funny_animal_pics_5.jpg

Human dog. Best athlete in the modern game. Unfortunately lets emotions get the better of him.

http://www.downloadroute.com/image/TF-Funny-Animal-Screensaver-Traffic-Fusion.png

Kitten with a special peel armor on it's head. We should dedicate a page alone to this one. Unique in every respect, a true legend. Injuries caused her to retire early. A pity.

http://thecoolestanimals.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/bat-man-dog.jpg

Proud Manny. He had a bad temper and used to drink a lot. But he had heart. Oh, he had heart.

Regards,

Polvorin
11-01-2009, 01:50 AM
Fed has never mastered an uncanny ability of serve-volley attacking aggressive tennis..

You watched him dethrone Sampras and win Wimbledon 2003 frequently playing serve and volley, right? Of course...grass used to be fast.

Obviously if he mastered the art of attacking serve volley tennis, his h2h with Nadal probably look a little better.

Considering that the ball sits up more on grass now and most of their matches have been on clay anyway...exactly how would serve and volley improve the h2h? Sounds like a suicide plan to me...

Olorin
11-01-2009, 01:52 AM
http://www.welaf.com/resources/files/1097652561.jpg

I don't have words to explain his performance. Touch wood.

http://www.comedy-zone.net/pictures/images/animals/animal010.jpg

This doesn't represent any legend. But he does resemble a tennis player that Federer played against at the US Open...I forgot his name as it was his last game before retirement.

Very accurate resemblance.

Regards,

fps
11-01-2009, 01:58 AM
this and the "nadal doesn't take steroids" thread are absolutely hilarious, thanks everybody!!

Polvorin
11-01-2009, 01:25 AM
I'd like to see him play santoro style.......

Anyway nice post jamesblackfan, i needed a cheer up.

Interesting you'd say that. Federer v Santoro is one of the most entertaining tennis matches you can watch!

Gorecki
11-01-2009, 02:13 AM
^^ aaaaww :lol:
I'm waiting for Gorecki's contribution now :lol:

hope not to disapoint...:)

The story continues to unravel. The history book begins to write new chapters. This is the career of Tweety. A Legend to everyone who has ever sat on a couch on monday morning to watch the Looney Toons. Tweety is the last of the traditionalists in todays Cartoon. Tweety comes about as a true gentleman unwilling to give into change in a rapidly modernizing Cartoon world. Take one good look at Tweety Pie, he is a Canary who could have existed in the 1930's but is teeing puddy tats in the modern day cartoon. While many have resorted to speed, and running away of cats as fast as canarily possible, here is a bird who subsuquently abhors that idea. Tweety bird moves gracefully and works on his episodes more than anyone in the modern cartoon. Whats more amazing is that Tweety is not the greatest Canary, does not have the greatest spelling, and is not the yellowest of the cartoon canaries. You would think by these criteria that he would be struggling not to be eaten by Silvester. But this is the Bird who has beaten the Kitty Puss times over. A Serinus canaria who has conquered the Felis Catus specimen and whos legacy is written in straw nests. Tweety is the wast of de twaditionawists.

http://encefalus.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/tweety.jpg

vive le beau jeu !
11-01-2009, 02:30 AM
hope not to disapoint...:)

The story continues to unravel. The history book begins to write new chapters. This is the career of Tweety. A Legend to everyone who has ever sat on a couch on monday morning to watch the Looney Toons. Tweety is the last of the traditionalists in todays Cartoon. Tweety comes about as a true gentleman unwilling to give into change in a rapidly modernizing Cartoon world. Take one good look at Tweety Pie, he is a Canary who could have existed in the 1930's but is teeing puddy tats in the modern day cartoon. While many have resorted to speed, and running away of cats as fast as canarily possible, here is a bird who subsuquently abhors that idea. Tweety bird moves gracefully and works on his episodes more than anyone in the modern cartoon. Whats more amazing is that Tweety is not the greatest Canary, does not have the greatest spelling, and is not the yellowest of the cartoon canaries. You would think by these criteria that he would be struggling not to be eaten by Silvester. But this is the Bird who has beaten the Kitty Puss times over. A Serinus canaria who has conquered the Felis Catus specimen and whos legacy is written in straw nests. Tweety is the wast of de twaditionawists.

http://encefalus.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/tweety.jpg
nice esshay, but tweety'sh era ish over now !
MIAWH-AH-AH !!!

http://bostonblueyes.globat.com/2009/sylvester-and-tweety.jpg

valiant
11-01-2009, 02:43 AM
I like Sylvester more than tweety.

Anaconda
11-01-2009, 03:21 AM
Yep, have to agree with the OP. Federer is comming to an abbrupt end and is only winning 2 slams a year......yeah right!

Gorecki
11-01-2009, 05:05 AM
nice esshay, but tweety'sh era ish over now !
MIAWH-AH-AH !!!

http://bostonblueyes.globat.com/2009/sylvester-and-tweety.jpg

E. you old fart... how's it going?

have you been a bad puddy tat to Nadaletes?

:)

Azzurri
11-01-2009, 05:13 AM

LONG LIVE CONQUISTADOR.

great post. I have taken you off my ignore list. you're welcome. Conmoronic should not be allowed to start these idiotic threads.

Azzurri
11-01-2009, 05:14 AM
What is soo wrong with what he wrote? Nothing. Your insults are are completely unnecessary. On the contrary, the only person trolling at the moment is you, not Conquistador.

you have no idea what you are talking about.

Anaconda
11-01-2009, 05:52 AM
The thing about Federer is that he isn't a breed, he's everything. Like Karlovic is a breed of big servers. Noone will ever play like him ever again.

rocket
11-01-2009, 05:58 AM
Federer has a game that is built to handle any style of play that follows suit. Roger is a player who can change, nearly redistribute his game in other facets by playing YOUR game.

Fed doesn't play anyone's game. He plays his & doesn't let you play yours.

Big difference!

darthpwner
11-01-2009, 06:04 AM
Viva la Petros Sampras

rocket
11-01-2009, 06:07 AM
While many have resorted to speed, and hitting the ball as hard as humanly possible, here is a player who subsuquently abhors that idea. Federer moves gracefully and works on his shotmaking more than anyone in the modern game. Whats more amazing is that Federer is not the greatest athlete, does not have the greatest speed, and is not the strongest player. You would think by these criteria that he would be struggling on any amateur tour.

Fed is one of the two fastest movers in modern tennis. The other guy is Nadal.

Fed's forehand is one of the most feared in mens tennis for its power, accuracy & versatility.

Fed is healthy, strong & still dominates at 28. Same can't be said about the others. What makes one a great athlete IYO?

jamesblakefan#1
11-01-2009, 06:20 AM
great post. I have taken you off my ignore list. you're welcome. Conmoronic should not be allowed to start these idiotic threads.

Thank you. I like to use ConquistaTROLL, but Conmoronic works as well I guess.

Serendipitous
11-01-2009, 06:30 AM
I love this thread. :)

slice bh compliment
11-01-2009, 06:38 AM
Well, I halfway agree that he's the last of a dying breed because he's got halfway traditional strokes with a pretty modern game.

However, I feel he's not the last of a dying breed because he's not really a part of a breed per se. He's become kind of his own type of player - flexible and versatile...attacker and counter-attacker. Nastase comes to mind more than the more obvious Pete, Laver, Tilden, Budge, Kramer and Gonzales.

He's as stylish as Nastase (or Rios) with a career as brilliant as anyone's .... with all due respect to Laver (2 Grand Slams) and the less documented pre-open era titans of the game.

As I think about his 15 slam wins, the easier way to count them year-to-year is by looking at the ones he did not win. That's a testament to the man's incredible record.

Well, it's silly to quibble whether he's the last of a dying breed or the one and only of his kind at this point. Great guy, lots of integrity, amazing player, loved by purists and casual fans alike.

Viva Federer! We love you, man!

[just, please get rid of the manpurse and the Nike-fied/Anna Wintour persona]

Sentinel
11-01-2009, 07:42 AM
This thread continues to unravel ... oops, i meant to say: this thread should be stickied.

This is worse than being banned, guys :-D

JoshDragon
11-01-2009, 08:02 AM

How do you know that Roger is the last of his kind? And in what way has he beaten the world 8 times over? He has yet to win the calendar year grand slam.

Also, Roger does not abhor hitting fast balls, he serves routinely in the 120s.

tudwell
11-01-2009, 08:12 AM
I love this thread. :)

I just saw your new avatar.

The horror....

zambo
11-01-2009, 08:14 AM
How do you know that Roger is the last of his kind? And in what way has he beaten the world 8 times over? He has yet to win the calendar year grand slam.

Also, Roger does not abhor hitting fast balls, he serves routinely in the 120s.

Conquistador doesn't really make any sense. He uses a wide range of words to make it seem as if he knows what exactly he is speaking of.

JoshDragon
11-01-2009, 08:18 AM
Conquistador doesn't really make any sense. He uses a wide range of words to make it seem as if he knows what exactly he is speaking of.

Lol, thanks but I already knew that.:) I've talked with Conquistador in many of the other threads.

SuperFly
11-01-2009, 08:23 AM

LONG LIVE CONQUISTADOR.

:) My turn......

The story continues to unravel. The history book begins to write new chapters. This is the career of Sam the Eagle. A Legend to everyone who has ever watched the Muppet Show. Sam is the last of the traditionalists in todays television programming. Sam comes about as a true gentleman unwilling to give into change in a rapidly modernizing smiling world. Take one good look at Sam, he is a player who could have never smiled in the 1930's but is not smiling in the modern era. While many have resorted to laughing, and being emotional as humanly acceptable, here is a character who subsuquently abhors that idea. Sam never smiles gracefully and works on his unemotionalling more than anyone in the modern game. Whats more amazing is that Sam is not the greatest character, does not have the greatest emotion, and is not the strongest character. You would think by these criteria that he would be struggling on any amateur show. But this is the bird who has beaten the world 8 times over. A bird who has conquered the 7 seas and whose, not whos, legacy is written in stone. Sam the Eagle is the last of the traditionalists.

http://i39.tinypic.com/1zvpov8.jpg

SuperFly
11-01-2009, 08:41 AM
The story continues to unravel. The history book begins to write new chapters. This is the career of Keyboard Cat. A Legend to everyone who has ever been played off. Keyboard Cat is the last of the traditionalists in todays game. Keyboard Cat comes about as a true gentlekitty unwilling to give into change in a rapidly modernizing non-keyboard playing world. Take one good look at Keyboard Cat, he is a cat who could have played in the 1930's but is playing in the modern game. While many have resorted to meowing, and being a normal cat as felinely possible, here is a cat who subsuquently abhors that idea. Keyboard cat moves gracefully and works on his keyboard playing more than anyone in the modern game. Whats more amazing is that Keyboard Cat is not the greatest cat, does not have the greatest speed, and is not the strongest feline. You would think by these criteria that he would be struggling on any amateur cat tour. But this is the cat who has beaten the world 8 times over. A cat who has conquered the 7 seas and whos legacy is written in stone. Keyboard cat is the last of the traditionalists.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2e33jix.jpg

THE LEGEND CONTINUES, EVEN THROUGH DEATH. RIP KEYBOARD CAT

Recon
11-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Personally I think the guy gets off by writing. This is a sad attempt to showcase his writing skills. Fed is modern. All this talk of chameleon is utter ******ation. Do I try to model my game after fed? yes. He is after all the greatest to ever play, but the your making him sound untouchable, if hes such a chameleon why can't he beat Nadal at his own game? Listen, this is fanboyism to the max - it is annoying. Better players will arise and records will be broken again, some kid is going to refine federers technique/revolutionize it and become even greater, this is the cycle. We all know his game plan, slice/topspin backhands, run around the ball and crack a forehand. He is no chameleon, he is a genius, but no god.
-& I state Federer is my favorite player and I would kill for his talent.

vive le beau jeu !
11-01-2009, 10:26 AM
E. you old fart... how's it going?

have you been a bad puddy tat to Nadaletes?

:)
Sufferin' succotash, M. ! ('Fabristi!' he says in french !)
we've been hunting some 'big rodent' ;) with my nephew...

Gorecki
11-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Sufferin' succotash, M. ! ('Fabristi!' he says in french !)
we've been hunting some 'big rodent' ;) with my nephew...

helluva time init?:)

MuseFan
11-01-2009, 12:29 PM
I don't buy it that Fed is a uber-traditionalist. He plays with more topspin then the average top 10er. In fact only Rafa puts more RPMs on average. Fed is an example of a very modern player who's taken advantage of advanced training techniques along with the new racquet technologies.

Carsomyr
11-01-2009, 01:05 PM
The story continues to unravel. The history book begins to write new chapters. This is the career of Compton *** Terry. A Legend to everyone who has ever taken a wrong turn off the 405. Terry is the last of the traditionalists in todays hip hop culture . Terry comes about as a true balla unwilling to give into change in a rapidly modernizing industrial world. Take one good look at Terry, he is a playa who could have rapped in the 1980's with Wonder Mike but instead lives in the modern world. While many have resorted to speed, and getting blasted on crystal meth, here is a playa who subsuquently abhors that idea. Terry runs into Audis and hops about to rap music all day more than anyone in the world. Whats more amazing is that Terry is not the greatest balla, does not have the freshest bling, and is not the illest playa. You would think by these criteria that he would be struggling on any stage. But he's the best, mayne. He diid it. Terry is the last of traditionalists. STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON.

http://www.skateparkoftampa.com/spot/headshots/539.jpg

MuseFan
11-01-2009, 01:39 PM
The story continues to unravel. The history book begins to write new chapters. This is the career of Compton *** Terry. A Legend to everyone who has ever taken a wrong turn off the 405. Terry is the last of the traditionalists in todays hip hop culture . Terry comes about as a true balla unwilling to give into change in a rapidly modernizing industrial world. Take one good look at Terry, he is a playa who could have rapped in the 1980's with Wonder Mike but instead lives in the modern world. While many have resorted to speed, and getting blasted on crystal meth, here is a playa who subsuquently abhors that idea. Terry runs into Audis and hops about to rap music all day more than anyone in the world. Whats more amazing is that Terry is not the greatest balla, does not have the freshest bling, and is not the illest playa. You would think by these criteria that he would be struggling on any stage. But he's the best, mayne. He diid it. Terry is the last of traditionalists. STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON.

lulz 10 char

smack that
11-01-2009, 01:40 PM
On a side note, Federer probably hits his FH heavier than almost everyone on tour.
But yeah.

i aggree 10 chars

Baikalic
11-01-2009, 01:41 PM
I just saw your new avatar.

The horror....

http://billdoskoch.blogware.com/images/colonel_kurtz.jpg
"The horror! The horror!"

flyinghippos101
11-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Lol, this thread is awesome

LiveForever
11-01-2009, 03:54 PM
http://billdoskoch.blogware.com/images/colonel_kurtz.jpg
"The horror! The horror!"
What is wrong with that guys avatar? I think its tipservic.

Blinkism
11-01-2009, 04:13 PM
^^^

you need to catch up on the inside jokes here

JeMar
11-01-2009, 05:03 PM
:) My turn......

The story continues to unravel. The history book begins to write new chapters. This is the career of Sam the Eagle. A Legend to everyone who has ever watched the Muppet Show. Sam is the last of the traditionalists in todays television programming. Sam comes about as a true gentleman unwilling to give into change in a rapidly modernizing smiling world. Take one good look at Sam, he is a player who could have never smiled in the 1930's but is not smiling in the modern era. While many have resorted to laughing, and being emotional as humanly acceptable, here is a character who subsuquently abhors that idea. Sam never smiles gracefully and works on his unemotionalling more than anyone in the modern game. Whats more amazing is that Sam is not the greatest character, does not have the greatest emotion, and is not the strongest character. You would think by these criteria that he would be struggling on any amateur show. But this is the bird who has beaten the world 8 times over. A bird who has conquered the 7 seas and whose, not whos, legacy is written in stone. Sam the Eagle is the last of the traditionalists.

http://i39.tinypic.com/1zvpov8.jpg

[/QUOTE]

LOL

These two are freaking awesome. Well done, well done.

Serendipitous
11-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Alex Clayton is an awesome tennis player ???? ??????

NotSoSuper
11-01-2009, 05:06 PM

*like*.........

NotSoSuper
11-01-2009, 05:08 PM

LONG LIVE CONQUISTADOR.

*like more*

Sentinel
11-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Phew !!! I just saw your new avatar.... automatically thought it was YOU-KNOW-WHO, esp with the Alex Clayton reference. It took me a while to realize my eyes had been fooled.

Seren, you owe us all an apology for the shock and emotional trauma you have caused with your ava, I am trying to heal myself by reading the other posts.

:twisted:

jamesblakefan#1
11-01-2009, 08:16 PM
ERNESTS GuLBIS :(

tudwell
11-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Oh my god, this is like bizarro Talk-Tennis.

jamesblakefan#1
11-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Oh my god, this is like bizarro Talk-Tennis.

:( :( :( :(

Carsomyr
11-01-2009, 08:42 PM

You forgot to separate ideas,,,,,like this

coyfish
11-01-2009, 08:43 PM
I just hope mens tennis doesn't turn into the dreaded big babe tennis.

Cody
11-01-2009, 09:52 PM
My turn.

This isn't directed to anybody so i'll leave that to you to decide for yourself.

The story continues to unravel. The history book begins to write new chapters. This is the career of the Troll . A Legend to everyone who has ever trolled. The Troll is the last of the traditionalists in todays cyberspace. The Troll comes about as a true gentletroll unwilling to give into change in a rapidly modernizing trolling world. Take one good look at the Troll, he is a troll who could have ****ed off the TW community in the 1930's but is playing in the modern game. While many have resorted to posting valid and thoughful ideas, and providing help and instruction as much as humanly possible, here is a poster who subsuquently abhors that idea. The Troll moves gracefully and works on his controversial and irrevent posts more than anyone in the TW community. Whats more amazing is that the troll is not the greatest typer, does not have the greatest spelling, and is not the strongest debater. You would think by these criteria that he would be struggling on any amateur website such as running warehouse. But this is a man who has beaten cyberspace 8 times over. A man who has conquered the 7 admins and whos legacy is written in signatures. The Troll is the last of the traditionalists.

http://www.hauntedventures.com/2007NEWTEMPLATES/AnimatedAndStaticProps1/AnimatedProps/GiantTroll.jpg

Serendipitous
11-02-2009, 04:40 AM
This is the GOAT of threads ??????? ????????

kishnabe
11-02-2009, 06:03 AM
Serendipendous is Fedace? I presume that is the horror with the remark of ALEX CLAYTON.

Sentinel
11-02-2009, 07:44 AM
My turn.

This isn't directed to anybody so i'll leave that to you to decide for yourself.

The story continues to unravel. The history book begins to write new chapters. This is the career of the Troll . A Legend to everyone who has ever trolled. The Troll is the last of the traditionalists in todays cyberspace. The Troll comes about as a true gentletroll unwilling to give into change in a rapidly modernizing trolling world. Take one good look at the Troll, he is a troll who could have ****ed off the TW community in the 1930's but is playing in the modern game. While many have resorted to posting valid and thoughful ideas, and providing help and instruction as much as humanly possible, here is a poster who subsuquently abhors that idea. The Troll moves gracefully and works on his controversial and irrevent posts more than anyone in the TW community. Whats more amazing is that the troll is not the greatest typer, does not have the greatest spelling, and is not the strongest debater. You would think by these criteria that he would be struggling on any amateur website such as running warehouse. But this is a man who has beaten cyberspace 8 times over. A man who has conquered the 7 admins and whos legacy is written in signatures. The Troll is the last of the traditionalists.

Great one !!!! And your sig is great too. Amazing talent we have on this forum, all unleashed by our local Shakespeare, Conky.

Sentinel
11-02-2009, 07:46 AM
Serendipendous is Fedace? I presume that is the horror with the remark of ALEX CLAYTON.
Oh come on, for God's sake.

Seren used the Alex Clayton avatar that YOU KNOW WHO has been using for some time (just changed today). That shocked us.

tudwell
11-02-2009, 08:36 AM
My original "The horror...." comment was when he had gj011's avatar, but the fedace one is just as frightening.

zagor
11-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Conquistador/Severus is the last of the dying breed of super trolls.

LiveForever
11-02-2009, 08:42 AM
At first, I defended him but after researching his posts, this guy is a nutjob. He made a thread about how Nadal is not doping and then proceeded to vote in favor of Nadal doping in another thread.:lol:

Cody
11-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Great one !!!! And your sig is great too. Amazing talent we have on this forum, all unleashed by our local Shakespeare, Conky.

He has really inspired me, my next english report is on the complete works of conquistador.

el sergento
11-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Man, this post is so EPIC I demand that the OP edit it so it starts with:

IN A WORLD WHERE:

......The story continues to unravel. The history book begins to write new chapters. This is the career of Roger Federer. A Legend to everyone who has ever picked up a tennis racquet. Roger is the last of the traditionalists in todays game. Roger comes about as a true gentleman unwilling to give into change in a rapidly modernizing industrial world. Take one good look at Federer, he is a player who could have played in the 1930's but is playing in the modern game. While many have resorted to speed, and hitting the ball as hard as humanly possible, here is a player who subsuquently abhors that idea. Federer moves gracefully and works on his shotmaking more than anyone in the modern game. Whats more amazing is that Federer is not the greatest athlete, does not have the greatest speed, and is not the strongest player. You would think by these criteria that he would be struggling on any amateur tour. But this is the man who has beaten the world 8 times over. A man who has conquered the 7 seas and whos legacy is written in stone. Roger Federer is the last of the traditionalists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn3Xp2jkTZQ

Sentinel
11-02-2009, 07:28 PM

I beg to disagree. Conquistador is (one of) the first of a NEW breed of super-duper trolls.

Just like Delpotro and Cilic to tennis, Conquistador has taken trolling to new, never before attained levels.

He is the Usain Bolt of TT.

Or the Caster Semenya if you will.

Toxicmilk
11-02-2009, 08:39 PM
I beg to disagree. Conquistador is (one of) the first of a NEW breed of super-duper trolls.

Just like Delpotro and Cilic to tennis, Conquistador has taken trolling to new, never before attained levels.

He is the Usain Bolt of TT.

Or the Caster Semenya if you will.

Conq. is so overhyped, he always has his rich federer shrine to fallback on, so as a result, he is never fully committed to trolling.
N_F is still GTOAT.

Gorecki
11-03-2009, 02:04 AM
Conq. is so overhyped, he always has his rich federer shrine to fallback on, so as a result, he is never fully committed to trolling.
N_F is still GTOAT.

no way.. the guy is a wasted talent...

no one can do what he does! when in the zone he makes trolling so smooth.... so effortless!

he makes cleanest trollish strokes you will see around these boards. is backhand writing is stunning!

unlike N_F who was effective but just a junkballer (poetry wise). his trolishness was unorthodox. they are pretty much like Fed and Nad...

kishnabe
11-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Somehow JamesBlakesFan post dispeared?

Cody
11-03-2009, 11:15 AM
My turn.

http://www.hauntedventures.com/2007NEWTEMPLATES/AnimatedAndStaticProps1/AnimatedProps/GiantTroll.jpg

You beat me to it gorecki,

Conq = Fed Troll
N_F = Nad Troll

Sentinel
11-04-2009, 02:48 AM
no way.. the guy is a wasted talent...

no one can do what he does! when in the zone he makes trolling so smooth.... so effortless!

he makes cleanest trollish strokes you will see around these boards. is backhand writing is stunning!

unlike N_F who was effective but just a junkballer (poetry wise). his trolishness was unorthodox. they are pretty much like Fed and Nad...

I agree. Conq floats effortlessly in the threads he creates. Absolutely inch-perfect, his posts are like ballet, while N_F's posts are like disco dancing. And such variety in post-making unlike N_F who was quite a one-dimensional poster. I hear NF has carpa tunnel from too much posting, but Conq never tires, always fresh and smooth and bubbly like champagne.

Hail Conquistador. Long live.

Gorecki
11-04-2009, 04:32 AM
I agree. Conq floats effortlessly in the threads he creates. Absolutely inch-perfect, his posts are like ballet, while N_F's posts are like disco dancing. And such variety in post-making unlike N_F who was quite a one-dimensional poster. I hear NF has carpa tunnel from too much posting, but Conq never tires, always fresh and smooth and bubbly like champagne.

Hail Conquistador. Long live.

exactly... i could have not put it better...

TheMagicianOfPrecision
11-04-2009, 04:34 AM
Gorecki- The very last one of a dying breed :)
j/k

Gorecki
11-04-2009, 04:50 AM
Gorecki- The very last one of a dying breed :)
j/k

and what breed would that be?

fan of the game and not the players? if it's tthat one, i dont mind at all!

TheMagicianOfPrecision
11-04-2009, 04:52 AM
and what breed would that be?

fan of the game and not the players? if it's tthat one, i dont mind at all!
Its strictly classified ! :shock:
j/k
You are a fan of the game indeed, not the players, that would never work for me though.

Gorecki
11-04-2009, 04:54 AM
Its strictly classified ! :shock:
j/k
You are a fan of the game indeed, not the players, that would never work for me though.

im fine with that... :)

pmerk34
11-04-2009, 04:55 AM

Federer hits one of the hardest forehands with some of the the most spin in the history of tennis. Against lesser opponents he simply bludgeons it, takes control of the point and finishes it off. It's not all that artistic.