PDA

View Full Version : Drills/Games for Toddlers

tennis_pr0
10-31-2009, 05:57 PM
I have been teaching a group of toddlers for a few months now, and I will soon move to another group. I was just wondering, besides the basic hand eye coordination and just basic short feeds drills, are there any drills/games that work well when teaching a small group of toddlers. I am happy with what I am currently doing with them, but I always want to learn and expand my teaching skills, so any advice would be great. Thanks.

2ndServe
10-31-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm interested in this one as I have a nephew I'd like to get started, it's not so much hand eye coordination drills. At that age I just need a drill to keep them laughing and interested because that's all that's important when they start at this age. If they aren't laughing they probably aren't interested.

tennis_pr0
10-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Exactly. I am looking for a few drills that are fun and that keep them interested. I am doing some research, let me know if you come up with anything.

tennis_balla
10-31-2009, 06:55 PM
Try and find the DVD "The Spanish Model For Developing Players" by Luis Mediero (RPT Europe). Its distributed by the USPTA.
Covers things you can work on starting with kids when they are very young (4 yrs old and older), early teens and beyond. A great model/layout is presented that is easily implemented into your own coaching including some drills and ideas on how to coach it.

10s talk
11-01-2009, 02:41 PM
just send me your email and I will send you a few tips and games.....it is to long to rewrite them

Cindysphinx
11-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Toddlers are about 2 years old, aren't they?

Man, they are starting them out young nowadays . . .