PDA

View Full Version : got a stringing machine!!!!!!!!

markwillplay
10-31-2009, 08:22 PM
got a gamma 600 FC today from a friend who is giving it to me.....how great is that. He was not using it and wanted me to have it. I am not planning on stringing other people's sticks but it is really going to save me money on mine. I strung my first one today with his help (neither of us knows that much and he had only used it a couple of times...it was a gift to him from someone who was leaving town years ago and he has returned the favor (I am lucky to have such a friend). Anyway, just wanted to celebrate here. Weird, I think we must ahve had the tension set wrong becasue I strung my racquet at 56 lbs but it feels much tighter than that...may have been reading the gauge wrong. Still, I managed to get it strung. I am off and running.:)

dancraig
10-31-2009, 08:27 PM
markwillstring

Cup8489
10-31-2009, 08:54 PM
got a gamma 600 FC today from a friend who is giving it to me.....how great is that. He was not using it and wanted me to have it. I am not planning on stringing other people's sticks but it is really going to save me money on mine. I strung my first one today with his help (neither of us knows that much and he had only used it a couple of times...it was a gift to him from someone who was leaving town years ago and he has returned the favor (I am lucky to have such a friend). Anyway, just wanted to celebrate here. Weird, I think we must ahve had the tension set wrong becasue I strung my racquet at 56 lbs but it feels much tighter than that...may have been reading the gauge wrong. Still, I managed to get it strung. I am off and running.:)

lucky @!%$

seriously though, awesome luck you have there, getting such a machine for nothing. youtube some videos for reference, it's hard to beat Yulitle's videos on the subject.

http://www.youtube.com/user/YULitle#p/u

VGP
10-31-2009, 09:17 PM
Your machine is a lot like the Alpha Pioneer III.

I've had mine for 17 years now (has it been that long?)......

I hope you get many great stringjobs out of your "new" machine. :)

BTW - if you're usually getting your frames strung on a lock-out at 56 pounds, perhaps your resulting tighter job is due to the constant pull nature of a dropweight.....

markwillplay
11-01-2009, 05:50 AM
thanks, I will probably cut these out and string lower. I am doing a two peice so I can hybrid...but practicing with the gosen syn gut 16 gauge. Thanks for the video's...when I get time, I will definately check them out.

VGP
11-01-2009, 06:22 AM
markwillplay - FWIW, here's the link (http://206.210.94.83/collaterals/pdf/Model_200_600_600FC.pdf) to a pdf of the 600FC manual from Gamma......

markwillplay
11-01-2009, 09:53 AM
wow, thanks, that manual will be helpful for sure.

markwillplay
11-01-2009, 03:22 PM
well, I set it 4 lbs lower and I'll be dog on if it is still tight as all get out. I have the guy sho used to string my sticks on a drop weight machine coming over tomorrow to help me....but this is funny. I am pulling tension on every cross though and not weaving two of them before I do...maybe that has something to do with it. It will be interestting to find out how he does it different. He will string on my machine while I watch and now that I have strung two of them, I think I will be able to pick it up really quick.