PDA

View Full Version : Safin BH Vs Nalbandian BH, Whose Is Better?

Crispix
11-01-2009, 01:07 AM
Personally, I like Nalbandian's better. He creates amazing angles on it.

What do you guys think?

P_Agony
11-01-2009, 01:45 AM
Nalbandian's BH CC is one of the best shots in the sport, period.

TheFifthSet
11-01-2009, 01:55 AM
Nalby overall in my opinion, althought I think Marat has the better backhand pass.

MarrratSafin
11-01-2009, 01:25 AM
Plenty of polls done on this topic already and Nalbandian always get more votes.:neutral: But for me it's always Marat, and the GOAT DHBH that is. I don't like solid stuff, I prefer the stunning stuff.;)

Anaconda
11-01-2009, 01:49 AM
Nalbandian has the best backhand

jwbarrientos
11-01-2009, 01:50 AM
I go with Nalbandian since it is more stable, anyhow in his very prime Marat backhand was a beautiful piece of art.

fps
11-01-2009, 02:14 AM
Safin. I'm not going to try and justify it, they're both sick shots, two of my favourite backhands of all time.

jelle v
11-01-2009, 02:19 AM
They are my 2 favorite DHBH of all time.. I cannot choose one, it depends on the shot. If we are talking about backhand down the line I would choose safin, if we are talking cross court backhand I would choose Nalbandian. If we are talking return I would choose Nalbandian, if we are talking passing shot I would choose Safin.

Still either backhand is one the best DBHB ever, whichever department you choose.

MasturB
11-01-2009, 02:21 AM
Well, Safin's backhand helped him win 2 slams.

Nalbandian's backhand... is beautiful.

zambo
11-01-2009, 02:22 AM
Murray backhand.

Anaconda
11-01-2009, 03:24 AM
Well, Safin's backhand helped him win 2 slams.

Nalbandian's backhand... is beautiful.

Safin has more weapons than nalbandian, that is why he has won 2 slams. Nalbandian has a better BH any day of the week.

fps
11-01-2009, 05:24 AM
Safin has more weapons than nalbandian, that is why he has won 2 slams. Nalbandian has a better BH any day of the week.

Safin's enormous serve is certainly a reason he's a slam champion and Nalbandian isn't. that serve of David's just hasn't been able to pull him out of tight spots like Marat's.

Anaconda
11-01-2009, 05:39 AM
Safin's enormous serve is certainly a reason he's a slam champion and Nalbandian isn't. that serve of David's just hasn't been able to pull him out of tight spots like Marat's.

+ safin is also in better physical condition as well.

Seany
11-01-2009, 05:48 AM
Safin down the line

Nalbandian crosscourt

President of Serve/Volley
11-01-2009, 06:08 AM
Andre Agassi owns them both...

But, Safin DTL Backhand is great. Nalbandian CC is better than Safin.

Dark Victory
11-01-2009, 06:13 AM
With respect to Federer's difficulty in dealing with it, Nalbandian's BH is better.

It's heavier, and more loaded than Safin's.

Claudius
11-01-2009, 06:37 AM
Nalbandian's backhand = greatest backhand of all time.

11-01-2009, 07:01 AM
Nalbandian's backhand = greatest backhand of all time.

That would be Andre Agassi...

You cannot be serious that Nalbandian has a better BH than Andre? Andre's backhand won him 8 slams, and got him #1 in the world in 1995.

IvanAndreevich
11-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Safin down the line

Nalbandian crosscourt

That's my opinion as well.

You cannot be serious that Nalbandian has a better BH than Andre? Andre's backhand won him 8 slams, and got him #1 in the world in 1995.

I think Nalby's backhand IS better than Agassi's.

Anaconda
11-01-2009, 10:04 AM
With respect to Federer's difficulty in dealing with it, Nalbandian's BH is better.

It's heavier, and more loaded than Safin's.

So you're basing a great shot on how well Federer deals with it? Yes, Nalbandian's BH is better but not because Federer has problems with it.

RCizzle65
11-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Murray backhand.

Looks like we found Maximo
I say Nalbandian....but to the people talking about winning slams, they don't win slams just because of one single shot....which is why one trick ponys like Karlovic haven't won a slam yet, they may get far like he did this year at Wimbledon, but they will be stopped by people with more up their sleeve

T1000
11-01-2009, 06:49 PM
They are both amazing in their own regard. Safin's is a beast down the line, so much power. Nalby creates amazing angles and can take it right off the rise. A combination of the two would anyone's worst nightmare, especially Nadal's

Ripster
11-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Both great backhands but Nalbandian's is the best. Rafa said after Indian Wells that he was actually afraid to hit to David's backhand. This coming from Rafa!

Ripster
11-02-2009, 12:55 PM

Andre's backhand is a bit overrated I think (and I'm a big Andre fan). His forehand was actually the better shot and the wing which he did most of his damage.

lambielspins
11-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Andre's backhand is a bit overrated I think (and I'm a big Andre fan). His forehand was actually the better shot and the wing which he did most of his damage.

If Agassi's forehand were his better side then he wouldnt be talked about as having such a dominant ground game. After all while his forehand is great Federer, Lendl, Courier, Sampras, Nadal, all have clearly superior forehands, plus some others probably as well.

NamRanger
11-02-2009, 02:11 PM
If Agassi's forehand were his better side then he wouldnt be talked about as having such a dominant ground game. After all while his forehand is great Federer, Lendl, Courier, Sampras, Nadal, all have clearly superior forehands, plus some others probably as well.

Sampras does not have a better forehand than Agassi. In a forehand to forehand rally Agassi actually wins alot of those exchanges. Sampras had a better running forehand, but that's about it. If we're talking about standard forehand groundstroke exchanges than Agassi is gonna come out on top 7 out of 10 times.

danb
11-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Personally, I like Nalbandian's better. He creates amazing angles on it.

What do you guys think?

Safin is unstable upstairs so he will not get the best out of his strokes; Nalbandian's backend wins.
On the other hand if you put Safin's mechanics and let's say Murray's head then it's better than Nalbandian's. My 2c

Ripster
11-02-2009, 03:56 PM

He has a dominant ground game because he's lethal off both sides, but his forehand is the better shot. Just ask Pete Sampras.

JeMar
11-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Safin's backhand is a machete, Nalbandian's backhand is an épée. Both are great, but they have different strengths.

imalil2gangsta4u
11-02-2009, 05:12 PM
So hard to choose between my favorites, but I will have to go with Nalbandian.

lambielspins
11-02-2009, 05:18 PM
He has a dominant ground game because he's lethal off both sides, but his forehand is the better shot. Just ask Pete Sampras.

Pete owned Andre off the forehand side if both were playing well. Agassi only could hurt Pete with his backhand, overall consistency, passing shots at times, and return off the 2nd serve. Nothing else really.

Dark Victory
11-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Sampras does not have a better forehand than Agassi. In a forehand to forehand rally Agassi actually wins alot of those exchanges. Sampras had a better running forehand, but that's about it. If we're talking about standard forehand groundstroke exchanges than Agassi is gonna come out on top 7 out of 10 times.
True.

If you read Pete's book, he says so himself.

He can get the better of Andre in a forehand rally if he can crack a running forehand and get Andre moving. He's a better athlete. But as far as forehand-as-a-groundstroke is concerned, Agassi's is a little better.

jaggy
11-02-2009, 07:03 PM
I think potentially Safins is the best ever.

IvanisevicServe
11-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Nalbandian's backhand return might be the greatest in history.

But I'd give Safin the edge in power.

Tough call. I'd go with Nalbandian for consistency.

11-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Nalbandian's backhand return might be the greatest in history.

But I'd give Safin the edge in power.

Tough call. I'd go with Nalbandian for consistency.

Again, Andre's return is better than Nalbandian...