PDA

View Full Version : What is Ernests Gulbis' mindset when he plays?

President
11-01-2009, 11:28 AM
He doesn't seem to really care what he is doing out there. His shotselection is random, and he appears to hit as hard as he can on every shot. Great drop shots though... He seems to have a ton of talent, but no idea how to use it.

Sort of a rip off of the Simon thread. But an honest question. What is this guys mindset when he plays tennis?

Fedace
11-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Just Look real Hot for the girls in the stands.

fps
11-01-2009, 11:33 AM
he's playing by instinct, and at this stage he doesn't have good instincts.

stapler
11-01-2009, 11:33 AM
"What can I do to make myself less like Murray..." *pounds the **** out of the ball*

JeMar
11-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Just Look real Hot for the girls in the stands.

So he doesn't have to pay for it anymore!

Serendipitous
11-01-2009, 11:39 AM
I hope Gulbis does better next year. He'll have little or no points to defend ???? ?????

Anaconda
11-01-2009, 11:40 AM
the mind of gulbis............the 9th wonder of the world

teto29
11-01-2009, 01:19 PM
hit the ball as hard as humanly possible:S

kishnabe
11-02-2009, 06:07 AM
Punish the ball no matter what.

Toxicmilk
11-02-2009, 05:14 PM
"smack that ***..."

Kick Serve 14
11-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Gulbis? Mindset? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! THERE IS NO MINDSET...

GoaLaSSo
11-02-2009, 05:34 PM
I'm rich... why am i here again? :confused:

flyinghippos101
11-02-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm rich... why am i here again? :confused:

Pretty much spot on. The fact that he has mommy and daddy to fall back on if his tennis "career" goes flat is what's preventing him from reaching whatever potential is left.

SuperFly
11-02-2009, 05:51 PM
I hope Gulbis does better next year. He'll have little or no points to defend ???? ?????

You're hilarious seredipitous.

nfor304
11-02-2009, 05:54 PM
"Gulbis SMASH!"

norbac
11-02-2009, 05:56 PM
"Oops, I did it again..."

LafayetteHitter
11-02-2009, 05:57 PM
He's probably thinking he needs to hurry off the court since there are new girls posting erotic ads on Craigslist by the minute

ttbrowne
11-02-2009, 06:11 PM
How 'bout, "There are only 90-some players in the world better than me, I'm rich, my parents are rich, so let's see how I'm hitting. If I'm hitting good then good, if not...let me at the women!"

jamesblakefan#1
11-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Ernests Gulbis' game is one of the largest in the history of tennis. His forehand whips as if it were a firecracker, and his volleying are an exquisite sight in this day and age where many players abhor the net game. Some players go out and try and actually win their matches, but Ernests' true gift to the game is the ability to put on excellent matches in losing effort. We all remember his classics against Nadal, Roddick, and Djokovic. All in losing effort, but his effort certainly brought tens of thousands of fans to the sport of tennis. Gulbis is certainly a name to watch. Laver, Rosewall, Borg, McEnroe, Agassi, Sampras, Gonzalez, Federer, Gulbis. This my friends is the future of tennis.

/Conquistador'd

JeMar
11-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Ernests Gulbis' game is one of the largest in the history of tennis. His forehand whips as if it were a firecracker, and his volleying are an exquisite sight in this day and age where many players abhor the net game. Some players go out and try and actually win their matches, but Ernests' true gift to the game is the ability to put on excellent matches in losing effort. We all remember his classics against Nadal, Roddick, and Djokovic. All in losing effort, but his effort certainly brought tens of thousands of fans to the sport of tennis. Gulbis is certainly a name to watch. Laver, Rosewall, Borg, McEnroe, Agassi, Sampras, Gonzalez, Federer, Gulbis. This my friends is the future of tennis.

/Conquistador'd

You win 20 lulz.

JeMar
11-02-2009, 06:44 PM
I seriously think he just wonders how much longer he's gotta play tennis before daddy just gives him a few businesses to own.

jaggy
11-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Hit hard as I can to impress the Murray haters here.

Toxicmilk
11-02-2009, 08:41 PM

/Conquistador'd

wow rofl, i actually thought you were Conquistador for a second there. Nice avatar.

norbac
11-02-2009, 08:53 PM

/Conquistador'd

Wow...I applaud you.

TheFifthSet
11-02-2009, 09:15 PM
No hunger . . . I'm sure he is just winging it half of the time.

GoaLaSSo
11-02-2009, 09:48 PM

/Conquistador'd

hahaha

what's with everyone switching avatars. I'm getting all confused.

abmk
11-02-2009, 10:23 PM

/Conquistador'd

ha ha, good one :)

Miami83095
11-03-2009, 05:03 AM
"F*ckkkk itttt"

jazzyfunkybluesy
11-03-2009, 05:46 AM
Its good to see somebody not taking it so seriously and sometimes he takes a set off of a top fiver.

But yea grip it and rip it tennis ball then women.