PDA

View Full Version : How is The Saddlebrook Academy ?

michaelNY
11-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Does anyone have any experience with this place ? It looks pretty good.

Brock
11-01-2009, 04:38 PM
This belongs in the "Tennis Travel Section"- It's bound to get more views there....
Also, to answer your question, I myself have not been there but have heard great things about it. You should also consider other academies in that general area (or in FL) like IMG Bolletteri, and Evert.

TennisCoachFLA
11-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Saddlebrook is a first class resort, with a great tennis program....all 4 Grand Slam surfaces, excellent coaches. IMG is more of a hard core boot camp.

Please note that Saddlebrook is not right in any other action such as beaches or Tampa. It is a self contained resort a little out of the way over in Wesley Chapel.

TnsMan2
11-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Tennis florida said it its very nice ,my first pick for florida vacation/ tennis , been there loved it.

tennismsands
11-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Saddlebrook is a first class resort, with a great tennis program....all 4 Grand Slam surfaces, excellent coaches. IMG is more of a hard core boot camp.

Please note that Saddlebrook is not right in any other action such as beaches or Tampa. It is a self contained resort a little out of the way over in Wesley Chapel.

Isn't there a Saddlebrook in Tampa also?????

mental midget
11-04-2009, 02:39 PM
did both as week-long programs as a junior. i preferred HH/Saddlebrook to Bolletieri, but both beat doing nothing.

Saddlebrook is extremely fitness-oriented, and in my experience, had a friendlier vibe to it. been considering going back for an adult program at some point.

TennisCoachFLA
11-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Isn't there a Saddlebrook in Tampa also?????

Saddlebrook is in Wesley Chapel, which is outside of Tampa. Tampa would be the nearest city though.

eeytennis
11-06-2009, 08:31 AM
I went there for the summer camp as a junior and I can't say I was too impressed. Out of the hundred or so kids there every week they "select" under 10 different people to really focus and dedicate their time to. Everyone else gets coaching that is really just average and nothing special. I am not sure what you are looking for in Saddlebrook but if it's great tennis instruction for just the summer or a week during the year, I would advise you not to waste your money. As for the year-round academy, I can't say much about because I don't know a lot about the set-up, etc.

TennisCoachFLA
11-06-2009, 03:36 PM
I went there for the summer camp as a junior and I can't say I was too impressed. Out of the hundred or so kids there every week they "select" under 10 different people to really focus and dedicate their time to. Everyone else gets coaching that is really just average and nothing special. I am not sure what you are looking for in Saddlebrook but if it's great tennis instruction for just the summer or a week during the year, I would advise you not to waste your money. As for the year-round academy, I can't say much about because I don't know a lot about the set-up, etc.

Very true as far as many large academies are concerned. The select kids get the attention while the rest of the average kid's parents pay the bills.

chalkflewup
11-06-2009, 05:25 PM
When academies get too big it's a real challenge to deliver a quality product to every kid. I'm a proponent of 1:1 coaching, 2:1 drills, mixed in with a group clinic to keep things fun, and of course some match play with plenty of breakers.