PDA

View Full Version : Classify Babolat Revenge

dacrymn
11-01-2009, 07:52 PM
So guys, help me classify revenge.

Does it count as a soft or crisp string? Rough or smooth? Would anyone say mushy? Things like that

I ask because I want to get a feel for how other strings will feel in a certain racket before I put them in, hopefully saving a few sets. I know its different depending on the racket, but in this case its all relative, so...

Help me out
Thanks

azntboyzthien
11-02-2009, 08:30 PM
hi, I use a Babolat Pure Drive Cortex Plus. I use both the 16g and 17g of the Babolat Revenge. The 16g gave me more durability and power. The 17g felt more like synthetic for me. More spin and durability but power wasn't like the 16g. Both 16g and 17g holds tension pretty well and maneuvering the ball is no problem for me. The strings bites like rough poly's. Strings are Crisp, comes smooth and its feels nices. Only down side is when tension are lose, you have a different sounds than normal. More like a pinging or *tink* noise when contact of the ball rather than the popping noises. That just my experience though.

I play at 4.0-4.5 and usually play Thursdays-Sundays. Also play with players with excess spin and power so the strings held up pretty well to the ones I have used.