sureshs
11-02-2009, 08:13 AM
Vote in the poll

bladepdb
11-02-2009, 08:14 AM
What poll?

sureshs
11-02-2009, 08:16 AM
ITOF = ITHOF sorry. International Tennis Hall of Shame I mean Fame.

bladepdb
11-02-2009, 08:18 AM
I don't really care; it's over 10 years ago and it's not like crystal meth is a performance enhancing drug like HGH or anabolic roids.

Besides, I doubt he actually used meth on the court. Just a thought; it could be considered "performance enhancing" if he used it while playing, but uh that one I actually do doubt.

His use of recreational drugs was outside the tennis arena. Nuff said.

r2473
11-02-2009, 08:19 AM
He should be forced to earn millions off of his tantalizing book and live in even greater luxury for the rest of his life.

sureshs
11-02-2009, 08:19 AM
I don't really care; it's over 10 years ago and it's not like crystal meth is a performance enhancing drug like HGH or anabolic roids.

Besides, I doubt he actually used meth on the court. Just a thought; it could be considered "performance enhancing" if he used it while playing, but uh that one I actually do doubt.

His use of recreational drugs was outside the tennis arena. Nuff said.

His latest revelations are that he used Speed given by his father just before playing important matches.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
11-02-2009, 08:27 AM
NOTHING needs to be done- He is a GREAT MAN ...and also a human being.
As ive said before, megastars gets everything they want from their Yes-sayers and followers and other people as well, they are used to being sucked up to, that can make them very irresponsible and immature and Agassi in 1997 was 27 yeas old- but maybe not mentally ?
Im 100% sure he didnt have a single thought about how this wouls affect his legacy, and his legacy back in 97 was a 3 time GS-winner.

tudwell
11-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Castration.

zagor
11-02-2009, 08:44 AM
They should strip him of his slam titles and divide them among Nadal and Sampras,FO should go to Pete and USO titles to Nadal.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
11-02-2009, 08:45 AM
They should strip him of his slam titles and divide them among Nadal and Sampras,FO should go to Pete and USO titles to Nadal.
Lol,
how fair !:twisted:

LiveForever
11-02-2009, 08:46 AM
They should throw him in a tank full of sharks or snakes.

sureshs
11-02-2009, 08:48 AM

That is not nice

drakulie
11-02-2009, 08:50 AM
not only should AA be stripped of everything, so should Graf (clothes and all). There child should also be stripped of all toys/games/snacks.

lastly, this thread should be "stripped" out of the General Pro Player section, and placed in the "Former Pro Player" section, where it belongs.

atatu
11-02-2009, 08:54 AM

Done that, the tour is full of agents....

Xenakis
11-02-2009, 09:02 AM
He should be forced to watch the film 'Law Abiding Citizen' three times in a row, then he should be made to listen to the most recent Lady Gaga album at high volume for 8.3 hours.

That'll learn him.

JoshDragon
11-02-2009, 09:21 AM
They should force him to play exhibition matches against Pete on grass until he's finally able to beat him.

It might take the rest of Andre's life to do that.

IvanAndreevich
11-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Make him play with Sampras' racquet for the rest of his life.

Cesc Fabregas
11-02-2009, 09:34 AM
The best punishment for him would, his book to fail and not sell. Then he would have made an *** out of himself and made no profit out of it.

LiveForever
11-02-2009, 09:36 AM
The best punishment for him would, his book to fail and not sell. Then he would have made an *** out of himself and made no profit out of it.
Considering how much the media is covering these stories even before publication, his book is likely to succeed with flying colors.

Anaconda
11-02-2009, 09:36 AM
not only should AA be stripped of everything, so should Graf (clothes and all). There child should also be stripped of all toys/games/snacks.

lastly, this thread should be "stripped" out of the General Pro Player section, and placed in the "Former Pro Player" section, where it belongs.

Epic Win :)

NamRanger
11-02-2009, 09:37 AM

Weren't you the one who was defending Agassi as one of the giants of the 90s?

Cesc Fabregas
11-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Weren't you the one who was defending Agassi as one of the giants of the 90s?

He was a great player, and a legend in the game. I just think he is wrong here confessing aload of dirty secrets and making a profit out of it.

NamRanger
11-02-2009, 09:40 AM
He was a great player, and a legend in the game. I just think he is wrong here confessing aload of dirty secrets and making a profit out of it.

So revealing that the ATP are a bunch of frauds is a bad thing? Even if it was for money? Wait, don't people do that to criminals all the time?!

Anaconda
11-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Agassi shouldn't get punished - the ATP should.

Can you blame agassi for lying, i mean, who would actually confess to taking drugs..

AutoXer
11-02-2009, 10:36 AM
They should make him snort 4 pounds of meth. That'll teach him.

flyinghippos101
11-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Considering how much the media is covering these stories even before publication, his book is likely to succeed with flying colors.

Yeah but still, it'd be funny as hell :)

kingdaddy41788
11-02-2009, 10:47 AM
He made a mistake (or a few mistakes if you're including the deception of the ATP and I would), but he admitted it. Yes it's ten years later, but either way he's still a great man who has done a lot of great things.

el sergento
11-02-2009, 10:52 AM
McEnroe did roids - strip him of everything
Borg did blow - strip him of everything
Wilander did blow - strip him of everything
Noah smoked pot - strip him of everything

...........slippery slope isn't it. Just let it go, it's in the past. IMO, steroids, HGH, and other performance enhancing drugs are the only ones that should be taken into consideration.

On topic, when your own father gives you the speed, there are so many other psychological implications that punishing Agassi would be outrageous.

If anything, AA is shedding some light on fanatical Tennis Parents and illustrating just how damaging, not just to the players but to the sport, their actions can sometimes be.

Just like that french dad that killed his son's opponent by spiking his drink.

sureshs
11-02-2009, 11:26 AM

ROTFLMAO.....

Chadwixx
11-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Strip him of everything past 1997 when he was first caught and continued to use.

I feel bad for guys like Rios who called him out point blank on his drug use and was laughed at. Rios would of had at least one Gs if agassi wasnt cheating.

Max G.
11-02-2009, 11:31 AM
He's no longer active in the ATP, I believe. Do they have any authority over him anymore? What can they "strip him" of?

Chadwixx
11-02-2009, 11:36 AM
5 of his gs's. He is now a 3 slam champ without the career slam in my books.

Rabbit
11-02-2009, 11:40 AM
So revealing that the ATP are a bunch of frauds is a bad thing? Even if it was for money? Wait, don't people do that to criminals all the time?!

You know, that's what I took away from the Agassi revelations. Hey, he admitted to smoking pot at NB's Academy and to doing other things. Now if the ATP chooses to talk a good game and not back it up, that's their fault.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
11-02-2009, 11:42 AM
"Nothing needs to be done", I agree with. "He is a great man"...well, he's a man like any other, greater than some, less than others, that is subjective. He has personal accomplishments both in sport and life, and some mistakes along the way like us all.

sureshs
11-02-2009, 11:47 AM
He is now a 3 slam champ without the career slam in my books.

Reminds me of Federer (did not face the injured Nadal in the French).

Cup8489
11-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Execution by Sampras serves.

Cup8489
11-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Strip him of everything past 1997 when he was first caught and continued to use.

I feel bad for guys like Rios who called him out point blank on his drug use and was laughed at. Rios would of had at least one Gs if agassi wasnt cheating.

dont make any more excuses for Rios, he did it to himself, not winning a slam. maybe if he wasnt such a narcissistic *** himself he'd have won a few.

el sergento
11-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Reminds me of Federer (did not face the injured Nadal in the French).

hahahahaha.............It still stings that bad?? Fitness is part of the game. Nadal can't take care of his body, he should be the only one to pay for that.

Why should Federer pay, or feel any less accomplished because his closest (read only) foe, that happens to be much younger than him, had to practically incapacitate himself to take the #1 ranking from him.

Fed played the waiting game and it worked. Then, three weeks later he regained his Wimbledon crown. Rafa's knees have been stinging ever since.

el sergento
11-02-2009, 12:12 PM

Wrong, Rios would have had at least one GS had PETR KORDA not been cheating. Rios actually took the #1 ranking from Agassi.

If Korda hasn't been stripped of his GS, and it's not even a widely discussed topic, then AA is entitled to all his accomplishments. Being fed speed by your control freak dad is not the same as doing steroids.

Chadwixx
11-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Reminds me of Federer (did not face the on the juice Nadal in the French).

Fixed for you :)

Cup, rios called agassi out point blank and everyone laughed at him, of coarse he is going to have a bad attitude towards tennis when agassi is allowed to cheat and they do nothing about it.

Blinkism
11-02-2009, 12:15 PM

So the logic is that the ATP should do nothing about Agassi and be happy to be revealed as "frauds"?

Excellent reasoning!

Chadwixx
11-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Wrong, Rios would have had at least one GS had PETR KORDA not been cheating.

I have no idea why people on this forum dont know about the korda case. The steriod he was busted for was given to him by the atp trainer on court.

They busted him yet agassi was let go.

Btw, your poll needs a "strip him of everything after 1997".

el sergento
11-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Execution by Sampras serves.

I actually like this option, seems fitting. Except that instead of "execution" it's just 100 130mph bombs to the *** during a nationally televised event. Then, at the end of Agassi's ordeal, Sampras sends him a bill for his travel expenses, accommodation and the price of the tennis balls (hard *** Slazengers).

All tennis related grievances should be handled this way! Pete is judge, Jury, and Executioner:).

Chadwixx
11-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Im sure if you paid agassi enough he would gladly do it.

el sergento
11-02-2009, 12:25 PM
I have no idea why people on this forum dont know about the korda case. The steriod he was busted for was given to him by the atp trainer on court.

They busted him yet agassi was let go.

Btw, your poll needs a "strip him of everything after 1997".

That may be so, but Rios has a 2-1 record against Agassi and they never played in a GS.

Agassi had 0 influence on Rios's GS chances. Petr Korda however did, willingly or unwillingly.

coloskier
11-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Considering the time in Agassi's career that this happened, what are they going to do? Take away his 1st round losses and his Futures Tour wins???? At the time it happened, he couldn't win a match if his life depended on it anyway.

KoolBeans
11-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Burned alive, then he must snort his own ashes.

In all seriousness, nothing should be done. Taking anything away from him would be petty and small.

pound cat
11-02-2009, 03:05 PM
According to the International Tennis Federation (ITF), it would be very difficult to prosecute the American due to a number of reasons. "It would have been difficult even if he was still playing," an ITF official told DNA over the phone from London on Monday.

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_difficult-to-take-action-against-agassi-itf_1306440

Bud
11-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Burned alive, then he must snort his own ashes.

In all seriousness, nothing should be done. Taking anything away from him would be petty and small.

Would be kinda cool watching a corpse snort its own ashes :cool:

TheTruth
11-02-2009, 05:41 PM
I actually like this option, seems fitting. Except that instead of "execution" it's just 100 130mph bombs to the *** during a nationally televised event. Then, at the end of Agassi's ordeal, Sampras sends him a bill for his travel expenses, accommodation and the price of the tennis balls (hard *** Slazengers).

All tennis related grievances should be handled this way! Pete is judge, Jury, and Executioner:).

Awesome post!