PDA

View Full Version : How to get that high kick on my serve?

PureDrive4life
11-02-2009, 02:16 PM
When i am serving, i usually go for a faster serve with moderate spin. But i have been wanting that high kick on the ball and cant get it down. I put topspin on the ball, but is it that i am not putting enough?

darthpwner
11-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Brush up more severely and dont slow down your racket head. In fact swing faster but in an upward motion. Try adjusting to a more eastern backhand grip

LeeD
11-02-2009, 02:19 PM
High net clearance + hitting from a high platform, big topspin and DEEP into the service court gives you the high bounce.
New balls, hot weather, and lots of energy applied.

PureDrive4life
11-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Thanks guys.

eteo
11-02-2009, 05:05 PM
As stated above use a eastern backhand grip but pronate more on contact. Make sure your elbow is pointing up when the racket is in a back scratch position. The extension of the elbow is important.

AlpineCadet
11-02-2009, 05:16 PM
It's none of the above. Some ppl do all of those recommended things and they still don't get to the ball at the top of their swing speed.

LeeD
11-03-2009, 11:12 AM
..then they are NOT doing any of the advice given here......
Big arc with big forward spin with big net clearnance ALWAYS results in big bounces. Physics, something you can't refute.

AlpineCadet
11-03-2009, 02:18 PM
I'll bet you didn't understand my post at all, because you don't know what I'm referring to.

Falloutjr
11-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Physics, something you can't refute.

e = mc^2. the theory that no object can move faster than the speed of light.

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/generalscience/faster_than_c_000719.html

Where is your Physics now? =]

Funbun
11-03-2009, 05:07 PM
I THINK you can get more racquet acceleration from bending your knees more, so you propel yourself even stronger, thus putting more topspin on the ball. This would result in a kenetic chain, all in effort to put as much spin on the ball as possible.

In addition to the knee bend, you probably need good racquet acceleration, so the knee bend won't be done for nothing.

AlpineCadet
11-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Yesssss, piggyback my post!

ms87
11-03-2009, 05:31 PM
e = mc^2. the theory that no object can move faster than the speed of light.

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/generalscience/faster_than_c_000719.html

Where is your Physics now? =]

just another example of crappy science reporting.

"This is anything but dramatic," said Happer. "If you look at the data, theres essentially no evidence that [the beam] is going faster than the speed of light."

edit: also, that equation states that nothing with mass can exceed the speed of light; in this case, they are dealing with photons (light), an *on average* all of them are travelling at precisely the speed of light. nature is just fuzzy when we're not looking/when it doesn't have a material effect. ;)

SuperDuy
11-03-2009, 06:00 PM
what racket u get , the pd gt?

PureDrive4life
11-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Well Superduy, i actually am still using my old one, because i dont want to get the GT if it is less maneuverable. Do you think it is?