PDA

View Full Version : Ana Ivanovic

Steffi-forever
11-02-2009, 04:11 PM
She is now 22 in the world! What happened?

Bud
11-02-2009, 04:12 PM

Took her foot off the gas :-?

xpaulinabearx
11-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Isn't she taking a break or something?

Steffi-forever
11-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Her last tournament was at Tokyo. She is 24-14 for the year.

xpaulinabearx
11-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Wow....maybe next year will be different. Probably not though :(

jamesblakefan#1
11-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Injury riddled this year, plus probably not handling the pressure well at all. Add to that the distractions (BF hopping, modeling, crying, etc) and you'll see why her rank has slipped.

Plus her serve is atrocious, wavering in Coria territory at times.

jimbo333
11-02-2009, 05:19 PM
She's been more interested in golf this year;)

soyizgood
11-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Her annoying fist-pumps and squeaky shoes motivated folks to take it to her even more this year. She's very one-dimensional, not good at juggling her interests, and next year will be a real test of her drive and motivation to see if she improves or stagnates. Jankovic isn't nearly as talented as her, but has been higher ranked the past two years.

budkid
11-02-2009, 05:33 PM
ouch! Thanks for the update. She has been losing a lot in the early rounds.

Toxicmilk
11-02-2009, 05:41 PM

I happened <3....

I hope she has a better 2010.

SempreSami
11-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Players have worked out that she's suspect on her backhand and due to constant misfiring her forehand can't bail her out like it used to. That her serve also goes missing doesn't help.

Narcissist
11-03-2009, 04:02 AM
She is a headcase and couldn't deal with her own success

Gorecki
11-03-2009, 05:59 AM
Injury riddled this year, plus probably not handling the pressure well at all. Add to that the distractions (BF hopping, modeling, crying, etc) and you'll see why her rank has slipped.

always wondered why such a great player like Coria spent his life training and still could not serve 3 ok times in a row!:confused:

TheMagicianOfPrecision
11-03-2009, 06:00 AM
As "Narcissist" said, unfortunately she is a bit of a headcase.
My take is, beautiful girl from a fairly poor shattered country (it was when she grew up, now its beautiful so only love for the Serbians,ok) gets a taste of succes, likes it, gets even more taste of succes, fame and fortune and asskissing will make some type of characters Non-hungry. I think thats the case with Ana Ivanovic.
And also she should focus on tennis, dating like crazy when you are a 22 year old tennisstar isnt a recepie for succes imo.

JankovicFan
11-03-2009, 06:55 AM
Jankovic isn't nearly as talented as her, but has been higher ranked the past two years.I can't think of any reason to agree with that. When both were sharper, the real difference was Ivanovic's size and power. JJ is hanging in there because she is indeed the more talented and is certainly smarter about managing her game.

I hope they both do better next year. They will probably both be more comfortable sitting back in the pack a bit instead of being the one to beat. They both know now what is possible.

soyizgood
11-03-2009, 07:39 AM
I can't think of any reason to agree with that. When both were sharper, the real difference was Ivanovic's size and power. JJ is hanging in there because she is indeed the more talented and is certainly smarter about managing her game.

I hope they both do better next year. They will probably both be more comfortable sitting back in the pack a bit instead being the one to beat. They both know now what is possible.

Jankovic and Ivanovic have weaknesses where the other finds an asset.

FH - Ivanovic
BH - Jankovic
Serve - draw (both are iffy there though Ivanovic's has more bite)
Volley - Ivanovic
Slice BH - Ivanovic
Dictating tempo - Ivanovic
Maintaining rallies - Jankovic
Offense - Ivanovic
Defense - Jankovic

Both are headcases and media wh0res, but Jankovic's game is less likely to hurt her. Ivanovic's A game > Jankovic's A game. Problem is neither has put their A game together for quite a while.

Mick
11-03-2009, 08:02 AM
thing went down hill after ivanovic parted with the coach who had helped her win the french open. i believe he is now coaching sorana cirstea.

JoelDali
11-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Ana looked so hot on the practice courts at USO09...sorry off topic...but her flowing hair and purple training pants scarred me for life...

:(

mdhubert
11-03-2009, 08:30 AM
How can she have a slump with such a sponsor:
http://www.juiceplus.ch/ :wink:

psp2
11-03-2009, 08:46 AM
She has lost focus due to all the glamour that her tennis has brought to her. She thinks she's a runway model now.... Hope she falls out of top 50 by '10.

TheTruth
11-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Never figured out how she got in the top ten anyway.

jamesblakefan#1
11-03-2009, 02:46 PM

She had a good run you know. Beat players like Venus, Mauresmo, and Sharapova in slams. It's not like she's a no-talent.

kishnabe
11-03-2009, 09:28 PM
It happens give people time, Tennis is a weird sport in which anythng can happen. For all i know Ivanovich can win a slam in 2010.Even much less, safina winning a slam.

lacoster
11-03-2009, 11:22 PM

She reached three grand slam finals and won one....

Baikalic
11-04-2009, 01:43 AM

I was gonna say Coria style for her forehand at her USO 2009 first round match. I was pretty much expecting her to net the forehand every time by the last set...

David_Is_Right
11-04-2009, 03:48 AM
always wondered why such a great player like Coria spent his life training and still could not serve 3 ok times in a row!:confused:

Probably too much time taking anabolic steroids and not enough time practicing serving?

Tanya
11-04-2009, 05:06 AM
People still care about Ivanovic?

jwbarrientos
11-04-2009, 05:08 AM

HEAD is a complete and misterious territory
you never know what is going on :-|

jwbarrientos
11-04-2009, 05:12 AM
Probably too much time taking anabolic steroids and not enough time practicing serving?

Not s ure where you go, but I see Coria practicing in a facility (here in ARG) made 1000 (yep 1 + 000, ok one thousands) first serves in a row, later going to his first tournament and starting with a double fault. :-?

Coria broke his head when he lost FO to Gaudio, many rumors were also involving his wife, relations and many other stuff, the bottom line he couldn't serve in pro events.

TheTruth
11-04-2009, 03:28 PM
She reached three grand slam finals and won one....

Ahh, good point. I thought she made those results when people were crying about how the WTA was at its lowest point and The Williams Sisters, The Belgians, and Sharapova was off the tour with injuries.

Ripper014
11-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Ahh, good point. I thought she made those results when people were crying about how the WTA was at its lowest point and The Williams Sisters, The Belgians, and Sharapova was off the tour with injuries.

Maybe but you can only play who is there... and you could always make the same argument about the Williams sisters the last few years with Sharapova coming back from injury and no Belgians.

Ana earned the right to be number 1 in the world until someone takes it from here, she was the best player over that time span.

lacoster
11-04-2009, 04:04 PM

That's actually pretty funny because she beat Sharapova en route to a French final and Venus Williams en route to an Australian Open final....

jamesblakefan#1
11-04-2009, 04:11 PM
That's actually pretty funny because she beat Sharapova en route to a French final and Venus Williams en route to an Australian Open final....

Not to mention beating Mauresmo at the French when she was still in her teens.

Serendipitous
11-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Not to mention beating Mauresmo at the French when she was still in her teens.

Where's your,,,,avatar ????? ?????

jamesblakefan#1
11-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Where's your,,,,avatar ????? ?????

Don't feel the need for one right now. Nothing compels me.

Djokovicfan4life
11-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Hahaha, I love this second Fedace thing we've got going on here.

jefferson
11-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Left her NBlade and her game when she signed her Yonex contract.

I really have not seen her play well since she switched sticks. Yonex is giving her a ton of money to fall out of the top 20!! NO sign of a resurrection either. Just worse and worse, but.... she is smoking hot!

Toxicmilk
11-04-2009, 05:53 PM

I really have not seen her play well since she switched sticks. Yonex is giving her a ton of money to fall out of the top 20!! NO sign of a resurrection either. Just worse and worse, but.... she is smoking hot!

Don't think it's the racquets...didn't she win the french with a yonex?..

boredone3456
11-04-2009, 09:17 PM
IMO she rose to the top way to fast and wasn't really ready to be there, same thing as Chakvetadze, she is doing just as bad...no wait she is worse if you ask me. Ana needs to take a break, get her head together, and reassess what she wants, because he heart hasn't been in it at all this year.

lacoster
11-04-2009, 09:53 PM

It's really what's in between her ears and not the racquet. She went from #6 to #1 when she switched to Yonex at the start of last year (AO R-Up, FO Champ).

jefferson
11-05-2009, 04:34 PM
You guys are completely right. I will always hold a grudge because her and Novak left Wilson for richer contracts.

TheTruth
11-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Maybe but you can only play who is there... and you could always make the same argument about the Williams sisters the last few years with Sharapova coming back from injury and no Belgians.

Ana earned the right to be number 1 in the world until someone takes it from here, she was the best player over that time span.

True, she could only play who was there at the time, but I don't think you can make the same arguments about the Williams Sisters, especially Serena, she played Davenport, Hingis, Sharapova, the Belgians, etc. ever since she's been on tour and has winning h2h's over them all. Their absence means nothing.

It's not to put Ivanovic down, it's just weird to me, she doesn't seem to have a great game and during that period she was beating people. I just didn't get it.

Anyway, I hope Ivanovic comes back stronger, because more competition makes for a better sport. And I hope they allow her to come back and grow in maturity before bombarding her like they did the first time. I also hope she doesn't allow it.

Oh, and thanks for reminding me, JBF, that she has suffered some injuries. I forgot about that.

TheTruth
11-05-2009, 04:55 PM

I know. I saw both of those matches. And didn't believe it even as I was seeing it.

jamesblakefan#1
11-05-2009, 05:19 PM
I know. I saw both of those matches. And didn't believe it even as I was seeing it.

I was just watching the highlights from her match vs Mauresmo at the FO 05 the other day. She played w/ so much more heart and will back then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlfXhAeEL5I

And to think she was just 17. No stupid adje's either. :D After that match you would definitely think she had some good things in her future, and she did.

She turns 22 tomorrow, actually. Hopefully she still has some good stuff left in her.

TheTruth
11-05-2009, 09:18 PM
I was just watching the highlights from her match vs Mauresmo at the FO 05 the other day. She played w/ so much more heart and will back then.

And to think she was just 17. No stupid adje's either. :D After that match you would definitely think she had some good things in her future, and she did.

She turns 22 tomorrow, actually. Hopefully she still has some good stuff left in her.

I think she does. Just lost focus for a moment. Must be hard with all that media attention. Plus, she's young. I'm sure 2010 will be a step back in the right direction. Methinks, Ana isn't ready to be considered a footnote just yet.

Cup8489
11-05-2009, 09:44 PM

not to mention how much better looking she was then.. (i know it's all relative, but the lack of a stupid visor makes her look more like a tennis player to me.)

i hope 2010 will be a good year for her, it was cool seeing her win the french last year.

Dutch-Guy
11-06-2009, 03:10 AM
She turned 22 today.Her age and ranking are the same now:)

marpiw
11-06-2009, 08:38 AM
I find that she was never a good tennis player even when she was worlds number one she could be easily beaten...
I think that she could have used her time better in modeling or perhaps in acting in soap operas on TV...
And perhaps she should change tennis for golf...it wont be a great loss for the WTA...

jamesblakefan#1
11-06-2009, 08:52 AM
I find that she was never a good tennis player even when she was worlds number one she could be easily beaten...
I think that she could have used her time better in modeling or perhaps in acting in soap operas on TV...
And perhaps she should change tennis for golf...it wont be a great loss for the WTA...

Yeah she only made it to #1 in the world, won a slam and made 3 slam finals, but her entire career was pointless...:roll:

Thanks for the input.

yellowoctopus
11-06-2009, 01:26 PM
I would like to blame it on Fernando Verdasco for messing with her head.

mtommer
11-06-2009, 02:12 PM
I can't think of any reason to agree with that. When both were sharper, the real difference was Ivanovic's size and power. JJ is hanging in there because she is indeed the more talented and is certainly smarter about managing her game.

Or maybe Ana got her success and doesn't care so much about tennis anymore. Who knows.