PDA

View Full Version : Anything better out there than Pro Line II??

polako
11-03-2009, 10:33 AM
I am considering switching away from Kirschbaum Pro Line II and am looking for a similar string but one maintaining tension and playbility longer. Pro Line II, although otherwise very good, goes dead on me after about 15 hours. Would Pro Supex Big Ace fit the bill, or maybe something else. Thanks for any feedback.

competition
11-03-2009, 11:00 AM
I've tried to find something better and a bit less $$ but i'm thinking it's not going to happen. While looking for a replacement I tried, msv focus hex, pro supex big ace, competition,(feels amazing 1st 4 hrs and then dies) weiss cannon silver string, and touch turbo. Proline 2 has the best soft feel, and durabilaty out of all of them. I also get about 15 hrs with them too. if you find something better let me know.

polako
11-03-2009, 11:59 AM
I keep reading good things about the new Signum Pro Hyperion and how well it keeps tension. I wonder if it would be a good substitute for Pro Line II??

Power Player
11-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Honestly, 15 hours is pretty darn good. Big Ace lasts longer because it gets real mushy. I'd be interested in seeing what you think if you try it out.