this is for fed fans...enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lyyv5VupEU&feature=related

TheMagicianOfPrecision
11-03-2009, 09:59 AM

Tot
ally agree with you, did you see his doubles match today? Wasnt very good...:-|
Its a good thing there are DVS`s from his prime to enjoy forever :)

Blinkism
11-03-2009, 10:00 AM
T'was a long time ago!

2009 Fed is pretty endearing, though- especially after what happened in Australia and his redemption at the French Open

2006 was a ridiculous year, though!
Fed definitely used some cheats for that "GOD mode"

TheMagicianOfPrecision
11-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Fanboy thread fishing for compliments.
Come on! Look who is talking!
The same one who created a thread about whos got the best running backhand ! Uhmm...Ljubicic?

Bjorkman & Johnny Mac
11-03-2009, 10:02 AM
I wish we could have watched Fed against a younger 25 year old Andre or even a 29-30 year old Andre when he was at his zenith physically and mentally instead of older Andre near the end of his career

akv89
11-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Winners to the left of them
Winners to the right of them
Winners in front of them
Volley'd and thundered
:p
Federer still seems capable of playing at that level as he showed in Cincinnati this year. He just can't seem to do it as often.

Bjorkman & Johnny Mac
11-03-2009, 10:08 AM
Winners to the left of them
Winners to the right of them
Winners in front of them
Volley'd and thundered
:p
Federer still seems capable of playing at that level as he showed in Cincinnati this year. He just can't seem to do it as often.

I am sure he still could if he put forth the focus and the effort week in week out . But its a "been there done that" attitude. His drive isnt what it was when he was younger and peaking.. Thats the same with most greats. When you are on top for years, eventually you lose that drive and hunger. You can only demolish everyone for so long. Happened with Borg, Sampras, and the other greats. Now its just all about increasing the slams.

aphex
11-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Fanboy thread fishing for compliments.

said the guy with a football player's name as username:oops::oops:

you're too easy to embarrass.
muppet.

RalphNYC
11-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Agreed, losing 2 tough slam finals and winning two tough slam finals in a single year -- just ain't like the good 'ole days

aphex
11-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Agreed, losing 2 tough slam finals and winning two tough slam finals in a single year -- just ain't like the good 'ole days

i'm not talking about results-i'm talking about level of play---
if they seem the same to you, congratulations.

Yonie
11-03-2009, 11:51 AM
He's still the same, he still has these magic moments, just remember that shot against Djokovic at the US Open.

Just the competition got harder, back then in 2006 there was absolutely NO ONE who could catch up with him.

LiveForever
11-03-2009, 01:15 PM
at 1.35, one of the most beautiful backhands I have ever seen.

P_Agony
11-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Federer was near perfect those days, and he definitely lost a lot of that aura. His serve has improved over the years but everything else is not as good as it used to be. Still, Fed is capable of putting on performences like that from time to time, it's just that for some reason Federer can't play more than 2 good consecutive matches.

maddogz32
11-03-2009, 02:02 PM
you know he wasnt always in GOD mode, it took him 17 grand slams to get to the quarterfinals

jackson vile
11-03-2009, 02:02 PM

It is funny, god mode agianst a guy that can't move. Roger has better examples than picking on an old guy.

You aren't doing Roger any justice.

OddJack
11-03-2009, 02:43 PM
God mode or no God mode, hes best to watch.

We know what we're missing when he retires.

Povl Carstensen
11-03-2009, 08:06 PM
It is funny, god mode agianst a guy that can't move. Roger has better examples than picking on an old guy.

If you look at his play I dont think he needs your justice.

edberg505
11-03-2009, 08:43 PM

Agassi won a slam that year. If you can win a slam by not moving then sign me up.

Agassifan
11-03-2009, 08:56 PM
he was amazingly consistent back then.

MuseFan
11-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Federer was near perfect those days, and he definitely lost a lot of that aura. His serve has improved over the years but everything else is not as good as it used to be. Still, Fed is capable of putting on performences like that from time to time, it's just that for some reason Federer can't play more than 2 good consecutive matches.

Lost aura and 15 slams. He'll take it!

LanceStern
11-03-2009, 09:50 PM
you can also watch fed vs hewitt us open final 2004 i think it was.
THAT was crazy. But Fed is no god.

That quote in the video starting at around 12 seconds speaks loads of truth:
[Federer] believes in himself now and add in incomparable natural talent, it's a combo that could dominate for years"

Truth

endbegin
11-04-2009, 05:21 AM
I miss those days.

RalphNYC
11-04-2009, 05:28 AM
if they seem the same to you, congratulations.
Thanks, I guess?

Cup8489
11-04-2009, 07:47 AM
said the guy with a football player's name as username:oops::oops:

you're too easy to embarrass.
muppet.

just ignore him, i think he would push for making federer illegal for ruining his beloved sampras' record.
too bad though, i miss fed's old ways.