PDA

View Full Version : N.vy (ous?)

alidisperanza
11-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Evenin' y'all,

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Babolat N.Vy. We just got a shipment of it at work and I was debating if it was worth wasting half a set of MSV to try it out as a cross. Thoughts?

~Ant

KenC
11-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Its not bad at all for an inexpensive string. Maybe it plays a little better than a regular syn gut.

alidisperanza
11-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Grazie Mille Ken,

Cerchero un pacco a lavoro

shoesandko
11-03-2009, 06:14 PM
I agree with Ken , not a bad string have strung up some demos with Revenge and Nvy, feels pretty good and has been in a teaching pros racquet for 3 weeks. Have strung in a Pure drive lite and it is better then regular syn gut.

Lsmkenpo
11-04-2009, 10:58 AM
One of the best cross strings I have ever used, works great with poly, the silica beads that Nvy is impregnated makes it very durable, the string does not notch and has nice feel in a hybrid setup.

I highly recommend giving it a try, my new favorite cross string.

alidisperanza
11-04-2009, 12:20 PM
thanks for the heads up. I'm working on "borrowing" a pack from work =)

Hotrocks
11-05-2009, 03:48 PM
One of the best cross strings I have ever used, works great with poly, the silica beads that Nvy is impregnated makes it very durable, the string does not notch and has nice feel in a hybrid setup.

I highly recommend giving it a try, my new favorite cross string.
Still looking for the perfect hybird? Been using gut(VS), mostly, until I ran across Gaucho. Use gut in the crosses and poly in the mains.
Does this combination Revenge in the mains & N/vy in the crosses have much string movement? I am currently trying Revenge & Luxilon Power and VS gut, but as you know gut is rather pricey. Frustrating when the poly(Luxilon) goes dead and your gut has more life in it! Gosen micro sheep is an excellent string and inexpensive, many on this board agree. I have N/vy also but have not strung it up. Thanks............PS-Revenge has nice feel to it a little softer than LuxilonALU power.

alidisperanza
11-05-2009, 06:09 PM
You may want to check my signature... haha. I'm looking for an alternative to try out, just something new. I can't comment on the revenge as I've never tried it but usually with poly/synth hybrids I get minimal movement since I string pretty tight.