PDA

View Full Version : Agassi outed himself before an accuser could out him...

T10s747
11-03-2009, 11:35 AM
He outed himself before an accuser outed him much like James baldwin did when he outed himself being gay. Baldwin said that then no one could use it against him.

Douggo
11-03-2009, 11:44 AM
So, like 12 years after the fact, Agassi thought "I'm about to be outed! I'd better quick write a book and nip this thing in the bud!"

TheTruth
11-03-2009, 01:45 PM
If he knows he's going to write a book, he has to out himself. If he makes it all gooey and glowing, there are too many people who know the truth, and can make a fool out of him.

settolove
11-03-2009, 11:52 PM
So, like 12 years after the fact, Agassi thought "I'm about to be outed! I'd better quick write a book and nip this thing in the bud!"

I've read on a few blogs that his former business manager or whatever Perry Rogers is allegedly writing a book. They had a big falling out. Rogers sued Graf for $50K - something to do with unpaid investments. Allegedly. The falling out happened recently. You've got to assume this guy knows stuff.

kslick
11-04-2009, 06:10 AM
Perry Rogers??? Who cares, that guy wouldn't be where he's at without Andre.

Texastennis
11-04-2009, 11:56 AM
The Rogers issue doesn't fit time wise - Agassi signed for this book in I think the fall of 2006 while they were still tight. To get the $5mil advance (very interesting explanation from Pete Bodo on tennis.com of how all that works out), he must offer more than the usual narrative of his life which was a well known rollercoaster - not so well known it turns out and a lot more 360 degree loops. So he'd already committed to getting this stuff out before he and Rogers split which was I think last year.

I agree that Rogers was the loser in that split. I guess nobody knows what happened, but I think Rogers misjudged because Agassi is still Agassi but Perry is nobody without him - I think where he is now is far lower down the vip list than it was when he was Agassi's go to guy.

ronjohn
11-04-2009, 12:12 PM
I have no idea why everyone can't understand that this is what's involved with successfully promoting a book - sensationalism sells -

It has all of us talking...

kslick
11-04-2009, 12:18 PM
I could care less. I was going to by the book anyway. Regardless what was early released.

EKnee08
11-04-2009, 12:19 PM
I've read on a few blogs that his former business manager or whatever Perry Rogers is allegedly writing a book. They had a big falling out. Rogers sued Graf for $50K - something to do with unpaid investments. Allegedly. The falling out happened recently. You've got to assume this guy knows stuff.

Absolutely knows stuff. If he is writing his own book it may be very shortsided to include inside information unless he expects a huge payday and will be set for life. If he discloses personal, confidential information about Andre financial or otherwise, would anyone want to be a client of his?

True regarding other poster. Andre's book has been in the making for a while now so Andre's revelations do not fit the timeline re beating Perry to the punch.

Azzurri
11-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Perry Rogers??? Who cares, that guy wouldn't be where he's at without Andre.

not the point. people believe anything and everything they read (see this entire forum). this guy will make Agassi look bad.

tuk
11-05-2009, 10:49 AM
No....he outed himself to sell his book.....sell out