PDA

View Full Version : Eagnas string

Jeewalk
11-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Have any of you tried the Eagnas Poly Nova Titanium? if so what are your thoughts on it because im thinking of buying an Eagnas stringer and it comes with a free reel of this and i want to know if i should use it or not

alidisperanza
11-03-2009, 04:40 PM
I loved it. I have the machine and went through a whole reel of poly. My customers ate this stuff up!

Jeewalk
11-03-2009, 04:42 PM
I loved it. I have the machine and went through a whole reel of poly. My customers ate this stuff up!

ok well what about the stringer itself? i posted a thread about that stringer and someone said that the price of the stringer and shipping is above the price of the X-2, how much did it cost you?

alidisperanza
11-04-2009, 11:31 AM
To be honest I don't even remember what it came out to. I bought mine a considerable time ago.

I love the stringer I have the Flash 825. It's solid as a brick. The gamma equivalent didn't feel as hefty. The 6 point mounting system is really easy to use and adjust. Slight complaint on the actual bumper bads, they are a bit plastic-y and can fall off. Fortunately Eagnas provides you with a bunch of extras in case those break. Personally, I like using manual machines. There's something about feeling the string that pushing a button lacks. So far I've had to calibrate tension only once in about 4-5 years that I've had mine (my dad was messing around with it and forgot to un-tension the spring). If you get a crank my only suggestion would be to un-tension it after every single job. Never leave the spring under pressure!

My only real complaint about the machine is that the string-gripper on the crank tends to squeeze strings a bit at high tensions. I string a decent ammount of gut and with the econo-brands one has to be really careful.

alidisperanza
11-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Oh right. Poly nova is a softer poly. It's really easy to string, no pre-stretching required. Playability is on the softer side, durability on the average-upper side. It's quite smooth so you won't really have much issue with abrasion

gonzalocatalino
11-06-2009, 06:00 AM
i bought a reel a couple of months ago...is not a great string, but works if you are not to very picky about...
Plays like the older polys, maybe a little softer. Decent control, but losses tension too quick.