PDA

View Full Version : The SW triple clamp

glpsace
11-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Sorry for what might seem kind of a ignorant question to some of you but I really dont know the answer to the following:
I will be using for my first stringing 2 pieces with the Stringway M90, a double and triple flying clamp. Therefore after watching youlittle videos about starting mains with flying clamps, some doubts came to my mind about the use of the triple clamp in this technique (and others).
I was thinking that with the triple clamp when I just have to clamp 2 strings instead of 3 what major alterations should I make in the clamp? Im not talking about the XL position for the 2 first crosses (which are more distant from each other than the regular mains), Im talking about clamping 2 regular strings that can be used with the double clamp but instead Im using the triple one.

Are those changes made in the clamp obvious? Is there some some basic rule?

For the triple clamp I see the following options:

- 2 far strings like the first 2 crosses (I guess this is the XL position in the clamp

- 2 regular distant strings (also which row of the triple clamp shouldnt be used?)

- 3 strings

For those of you that have or used a SW triple clamp, can you clarify this?
Sorry if the question is obvious to you... the answer, for now, is not obvious at all for me and my total lack of experience.

Thank you

Clintspin
11-03-2009, 05:00 PM
It's simple. You can clamp two or three strings just by adjusting the screw knob. It only takes a second.

glpsace
11-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Thank you. Do you have one? So you are telling me that there is indeed an option to use only 2 strings on the clamp besides those far ones like first 2 crosses and last ones? Nice. I believed that one would have to put a piece of loose string like in the double clamp in order not to make major changes in the clamp itself.