PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Revenge/Technifibre BlackCode

Confusedaboutgear
11-04-2009, 05:55 PM
What are your thoughts on this combo? Getting this strung tonight and getting it after school tomorrow ( im gonna make a quick run to get it during 6th period) So i want to know what to expect And as my name suggests i dunno much about strings. Help is greatly appreciated

Fedace
11-04-2009, 06:10 PM
is this a Hybrid with two diff Polys ?? that doesnt' make much sense to me..

Confusedaboutgear
11-04-2009, 06:13 PM
hah well my friend had 2 half sets and he gave em to me so i took it in just wondering. but thanks for replying

Fedace
11-04-2009, 06:17 PM
hah well my friend had 2 half sets and he gave em to me so i took it in just wondering. but thanks for replying

not sure how this would react. ARe you a Big hitter ?? if so, you will probably get good Spin for sure. and pretty good control as well. To me, Black code didn't have much feel but lots of spin but low on power. and i never tried the Revenge. there is a Review on that string in this forum.
Not sure how these two polys would mix together ?? why don't you tell us, how they play in the Combo setting. thanks.

and Revenge is a pretty decent string from what i have read. gonna try one myself when they make a 18 G.

Confusedaboutgear
11-04-2009, 06:19 PM
alright then :] ill let you know how it feels tomorrow when i hit with it and i guess i do hit pretty hard sometimes so that spin should be great.

Orion
11-04-2009, 06:19 PM

I haven't played Revenge but 2 poly's isn't a bad setup. I have a YT Rad Pro strung with BlackCode in the mains and Head UltraTour in the crosses. I got about 15 hours out of it before the poly went dead. Gut in the mains increased the feel alot (I put the BlackCode in the crosses). I found it difficult to hit touch shots but ground strokes were consistent. I was able to gnerate more spin than I normally use.

Look into Gaucho Gut for a nice, cost effective change of feel. Search the Strings thread and read some of the reviews.

Confusedaboutgear
11-04-2009, 06:22 PM
I haven't played Revenge but 2 poly's isn't a bad setup. I have a YT Rad Pro strung with BlackCode in the mains and Head UltraTour in the crosses. I got about 15 hours out of it before the poly went dead. Gut in the mains increased the feel alot (I put the BlackCode in the crosses). I found it difficult to hit touch shots but ground strokes were consistent. I was able to gnerate more spin than I normally use.

Look into Gaucho Gut for a nice, cost effective change of feel. Search the Strings thread and read some of the reviews.

thanks Ill look into that

ryushen21
11-05-2009, 03:59 AM
Fed doesn't know what he's talking about when he says that BC has no feel because it actually has plenty of feel and that is one of the features that I really enjoy about it.

As for the hybrid. I think that it should be interesting. Which one are putting in the mains?

2ndserveace
11-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Black Code in the mains or crosses? If it works out well for you I might want to give it a try myself. From my understanding, Black Code has great spin, power, comfort, and has good feel for a poly. I'm not sure about control, because although I've heard it has great control, it seems to me like its supposed to be one of those newer co-polys with more power and a little less control. If you could report back on the control that would be great.

GoaLaSSo
11-05-2009, 05:54 PM
I have played with both separately in a hybrid for a while.

i wouldn't use both at the same time. Black code is much softer and is a better all around string in my opinion

i'm playing with revenge in my rackets now and i'm not incredibly impressed. It's okay but once my crosses break im gonna go back to black code.