PDA

View Full Version : what strings?

elb3003
11-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Hey everyone i have a Head Tis2 that i need new strings for. I had synthetic gut 16 on there before and i didnt really like it because it would move around way to much. What string could i use thats a solid string and is going to stay in place more? Thanks.

Eric

Steve Huff
11-04-2009, 07:40 PM
The tiS2 has been around awhile, so if this is the first restring, I can see why they were moving around. First, get a competent stringer to look at your racket and make a suggestion. A poly hybrid would fit the bill, but without seeing you play, or knowing more about the last racket stringing, I'd be remiss in recommending it.

elb3003
11-05-2009, 12:25 AM
why would the number of times a racquet has been strung effect if the strings move or not?

KenC
11-05-2009, 03:42 AM
why would the number of times a racquet has been strung effect if the strings move or not?

How long have you played with those strings? Strings continue to lose tension and playability as they age. If you never break strings you should try a pack of the Gaucho Gut strings, gut will be playable much longer than a synthetic.

elb3003
11-05-2009, 02:33 PM
How long have you played with those strings? Strings continue to lose tension and playability as they age. If you never break strings you should try a pack of the Gaucho Gut strings, gut will be playable much longer than a synthetic.

Well yeah i know they loosen with age. I already popped them so thats why im looking for a different string. I didnt like the ones i had very much.

KenC
11-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Well yeah i know they loosen with age. I already popped them so thats why im looking for a different string. I didnt like the ones i had very much.

Here's a good point to start looking for a better string (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/StringReference.html). I still think you would be better off with gut, but you could also find a decent syn gut that costs very little and just restring more often.