PDA

View Full Version : Signum Pure Pro Poly Plasma v. Topspin Cyberflash

kinsella
11-04-2009, 09:57 PM
I really like SP4, but tried Cyberflash based on similar reviews. I could not detect a difference. The Cyberflash played just like the SP4 to me.

I compared the Cyberflash 1.20 mm (18 ga on the package - 17L on the TW site) to the SP4 1.18 mm (17L on the package). The Cyberflash costs less, so it might be a better value. The cross string is generic 18g Gosen synthetic gut.

My comparison is limited to a fresh set, so perhaps durability will be different. I have not broken the SP4 -- I just cut it out when it is dead. I hit moderate topspin and play virtually all 4.5 doubles. OHB, predominantly topspin.

lawlitssoo1n
11-04-2009, 10:10 PM
how much durability do you get off those 18g gosen? i'm pretty sure you pop your syn guts before your polys. correct me if i'm wrong

kinsella
11-05-2009, 01:31 PM
I never break the 18g Gosen syth cross strings. After about 6-8 weeks, the poly is dead and I cut it all out. The two strings do not seem to cut into each other, so there is very little notching when I cut them out.

lawlitssoo1n
11-06-2009, 06:42 PM
I never break the 18g Gosen syth cross strings. After about 6-8 weeks, the poly is dead and I cut it all out. The two strings do not seem to cut into each other, so there is very little notching when I cut them out.

wow that's really good. i popped 18g in 15 minutes of hitting -__-, becuase i string so high :(

kinsella
11-06-2009, 08:15 PM
law -- I would expect your string to last longer at higher tension, because of less movement and sawing between strings. You probably have a modern, very topspin stroke and I bet you get out and just "hit" a good deal, compared to playing a lot of competitive matches. None of this is anything like criticism, just trying to guess why you burn through string.

lawlitssoo1n
11-06-2009, 10:55 PM
from my knowledge of strings, higher tension tend to break the strings faster. i like to hit very hard and flat, but i can change it up. I also use a smaller size head w/ dense string patterns