PDA

View Full Version : K90 strings

tennispaulv
11-05-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm new to the forum and have a question that someone may have an answer to. I play with the k90 strung full alu rough @62lbs. I love the massive amounts of spin and control you can achieve. I have one problem, i started to develope a slight case of tennis elbow. I'm a 5.0 agressive allcourt player
with a one handed backhand and a pretty flat forehand. Anyone have any recommendations on stringing options? Any help would be appreciated. I'm looking for the same kind spin and control i get now. It would also have to be durable because i do hit the ball pretty hard and break strings. Thanks in advance.

JoelDali
11-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Damn too bad, thats the PERFECT setup though per my sig, lol.

Try a hybrid setup.

A nice multi or synthetic in the mains perhaps. I tried the Ultimate Duo setup and it wasn't bad. But once you have a full bed of ALU Rough, nothing truly compares.

JoelDali
11-05-2009, 11:02 AM
I've played Rough up to 8 hours without the popular deadness other's experience.

My only gripe is its so damn soft and breaks so much easier than BBO, Flouro, or Power.

Mick
11-05-2009, 11:06 AM
62 lbs. that is amazing.
federer's racquets are only strung at 46 lbs (21 kilos) when he played at the french open and wimbledon.

JoelDali
11-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Maybe someday I'll try Fed's setup and see what the hype is. For now, I'll stick with mine. I've been using tight setups since the 80s when I was obsessed with some guy from Sweden with good hair who strung his raquets tight as well.

Some influences never die.

:)

tennispaulv
11-05-2009, 11:34 AM
any thoughts on red code or black code?

cigrmaster
11-05-2009, 11:38 AM
I was playing my K90's with a full bed of Rough strung at 55 and then my shoulder and arm began to feel like crap. I switched to Gamma Professional strung at 58 and my arm is completely better. I did notice the difference in control( not as much as the Rough) but more feel and spin with the Gamma.

I am going to try some goucho gut at 63 , gamma at 63 and some X1 at 65 next week. I will let you know what I think.

jazzyfunkybluesy
11-05-2009, 11:40 AM
I've played Rough up to 8 hours without the popular deadness other's experience.

My only gripe is its so damn soft and breaks so much easier than BBO, Flouro, or Power.

8 hours not bad. Do you break them then?

tennispaulv
11-05-2009, 11:40 AM
thanks cigrmaster for your input, let me know when you try these other strings.

cigrmaster
11-05-2009, 12:17 PM
I will do so.

JoelDali
11-05-2009, 12:34 PM
8 hours not bad. Do you break them then?

The last few sets seem to last 6-8 hours or normal wear and tear. I rip them out when I see the slight indentations forming.

Depending on who I'm playing and what I'm doing.

With league matches dominating the season with the cold weather kicking in, its not nearly as intense as the Summer season. Mixed doubles and mens doubles doesn't get nearly the same amount of play than groundstroke rallying in the Summer.

I'm sure next Summer I'll burn through Rough in under 4 hours.

I've only started recently using a full rough setup after using Flouro all Summer.

Flouro would actually be a good string for the OP to try come to think of it.

It hits great in a K90 or 88 and probably MUCH easier on the arm.

I loved Flouro until I tried Rough.

OP - I'd slap some Luxilon Flouro in there at 60 and give it a try.

It is $ though, but try it once and see if you like it.

jazzyfunkybluesy
11-06-2009, 10:15 AM
I have tried it man matter of fact I have 10 sets off a reel that I will sell you for 100 bucks shipped. I will never use them again.

JoelDali
11-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Flouro or RC/BC?

Flouro is a great string in my opnion.

And my opinion means jack.

jazzyfunkybluesy
11-07-2009, 04:29 AM
ALU Rough 10 char

moroni
11-07-2009, 05:02 AM
okay.... wt a bout natt gut for mains and alu for crosses? or nxt tour for mains and alu rough for crosses? or a multiflament and alu roughh?? hybrids are a little more arm friendly and ull get almost same amount of spin.. and maybe lower tension to 57??

GuitarCrazyo
11-07-2009, 05:09 PM
How can I replace to sub strings html code?
Hi,
I have that:
Code:x = ". . .<div class="somecalss"> . . .. . .. . .</div>. . .";y = "some html code";.How can I replace the <div> part in x with y?
I now that I can do it with RegEx regular expression and str_replace but how to define a RegEx?
How can do that?
Is it something like that:
Code: r=/<div class="somecalss">.</div>/;And then what?

Thanks.

chaddles
11-08-2009, 09:08 AM
I just tried Touch Turbo 1.27 at 58lb (full bed) and it felt really nice and ball had a lot of get up and top spin. Did everything really well to my surprise.

JoelDali
11-08-2009, 03:31 PM
okay.... wt a bout natt gut for mains and alu for crosses? or nxt tour for mains and alu rough for crosses? or a multiflament and alu roughh?? hybrids are a little more arm friendly and ull get almost same amount of spin.. and maybe lower tension to 57??

I'm assuming you did not read my suggestion in my first reply.

dextor
11-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Try lower tension, like low to mid 50's and see how that works out.

gflyer
11-09-2009, 12:16 PM
TE is a bummer...
Besides strings, would you consider increasing grip size or using a cushion grip?
Good luck with your TE
g