PDA

View Full Version : T Bar M Raquet Club / Dallas TX

NolaOne
11-06-2009, 06:51 AM
Does anyone have any information regarding this club?

I will be moving to Dallas and will be looking for a club to join. This looks like the best. I'm looking for info regarding overall play, whether or not matches are readily available and easy to find(for new members) and I'm also looking for any info on monthly dues/initiation fees.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Nola

Jonny S&V
11-06-2009, 07:08 AM

I will be moving to Dallas and will be looking for a club to join. This looks like the best. I'm looking for info regarding overall play, whether or not matches are readily available and easy to find(for new members) and I'm also looking for any info on monthly dues/initiation fees.

Nola

I unfortunately don't have any info regarding dues and matches, but that is where they hold the Dallas Challenger (if memory serves) and it is one of the best challenger tournaments in the nation. Be sure to stop by there in late January!

Vik
11-09-2009, 07:57 AM

Nola

I'm not a member but have played a league match there. It seems just ok. It looks like it needs some updating honestly. I've heard its quite pricey too. You should check out Brookhaven CC - they have a tennis membership. Biggest club in Dallas. Very nice facilities. Good peoples.

Sorry can't speak to fees. My guess would be Brookhaven slightly higher initiation, cheaper monthly. Just call each to ask. These are really your only options if you want a true tennis club.

What level do you play?

Fedace
11-09-2009, 08:02 AM
My relative lives in Dallas so i occasionally go there. This is pretty expensive private club. but if you can affort it, then it is a very nice club. Great tennis courts, nice pros that gets paid well there. Saw many USTA teams that play out of there. and Many HOT women....

Vik
11-09-2009, 11:13 AM
My relative lives in Dallas so i occasionally go there. This is pretty expensive private club. but if you can affort it, then it is a very nice club. Great tennis courts, nice pros that gets paid well there. Saw many USTA teams that play out of there. and Many HOT women....

There are hot women everywhere. It's Texas.

USTA teams:
5.0 - TBar has 1 team, BH none (although in the spring they always have a team)
4.5 - TBar and BH both have 2 teams
4.0 - BH has 2, TBar 1
3.5 - BH has 1, TBar has none.

I'll add this to what I said earlier. If you are 4.0 and below, you definitely want Brookhaven. If you are 4.5+, I could see an argument for TBar, although I would still choose Brookhaven w/o knowing fees.

BH has 38 courts (8 indoor and 8 more covered). TBar 30 courts (8 indoor). Both great clubs, I just rate BH a little higher on facilities and activeness of members. Both have really good junior programs too.

NolaOne
11-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Great info Vik, and others...

I play 4.5. I haven't explored Brookhaven, but I definitely will after what you have said. The main thing I'm interested in is meeting other folks who want to play several times a week. I try to get on a court at least 4 times a week and so far the club scene has been the best way to accomplish that.

Also, does anyone know if Brookhaven has a gym, and workout facilities? T bar M looks to have a pretty nice workout facility which is a plus.

Thanks!

Nola

Vik
11-10-2009, 05:49 AM
Do you play 4.5 USTA league? - maybe I'll see you on the court one day ;)

Brookhaven definitely has a full gym. A tennis membership would cover everything but the golf - they have 54 holes.

Just check out both clubs when you move. They aren't too far from each other. 4 days a week on the court - I'm jealous.