PDA

View Full Version : Few questions

Failed
11-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Hello guys! I got a few questions for you.

1. I am a "high" 4.0 player with a really spinny forehand. I use a loop takeback and try to keep the motion as fluid as possible by never stopping the movement of the racket. My problem is the flat hitters. I am "unable" to get underneath the ball and hit it the way I can off higher shots. I don't seem to be able to get underneath the ball. So my question is: Should I learn to time the shot better and get lower to hit the shot or is there some other shot you should hit off such a flat ball?

2. Been feeling really brainless and unfocused lately. It feels like that my brains are on autopilot on the tennis court, happens often off the court as well. I forget to focus on the ball and I am hitting the ball late. My feet are also moving lazily. I am also getting really annoyed by my mistakes, which is something that wasn't the case before. I had always been the calm guy that accepted his mistakes. What could be the reason for this?

Thanks in advance

user92626
11-06-2009, 09:44 AM
I just played against an elder guy yesterday who sliced all his bh shots back. Balls do not get flatter and more deflated than this. With my sw I just had to focus on getting to the ball timely, focusing intensively on the ball and doing shorten fast swing. Pace was difficult to generate so placement was more of a priority.

2. It helps to have a checklist and plans to deal with different scenerios.

dozu
11-06-2009, 10:20 AM
bend your knees, get low enough to handle these balls.

worst case, slice them back.

LeeD
11-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Try to... bend knees, get sideways more (elongates your strike zone..talking low balls here), hit the outside of the ball, like curling it right to left if you're a rightie, watch it closely and prepare EARLY.