PDA

View Full Version : Djokovic's serve return ability

hondas2k
11-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Stanislas Wawrinka played really well against Djokovic today at Basel. However, Djokovic has some sick serve return skill. He knows how to block the serves when he is in off balance. It's pretty crazy I think. I know he has good return ability but today was amazing. This is what keep him stay in World No. 3 and made him earn AO 2008. What do you think guys?

NamRanger
11-06-2009, 09:11 AM
It's overrated. Roddick routinely abuses his much weaker forehand return of serve.

kOaMaster
11-06-2009, 09:16 AM
I was surprised how much djokovic slides on hard courts. it looked like he was playing on sand from time to time. I would wreck my ligaments doing this O_o

vanity
11-06-2009, 09:18 AM
It's overrated. Roddick routinely abuses his much weaker forehand return of serve.

Are you implying that Roddick has a greater return of serve than Djokovic? That's just daft!

RCizzle65
11-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Are you implying that Roddick has a greater return of serve than Djokovic? That's just daft!

>_> Read it again, he just said Roddick serves to his forehand....

Anaconda
11-06-2009, 09:23 AM

Yeah, but most people's forehands are there weakest wing on the return.

vanity
11-06-2009, 09:30 AM
>_> Read it again, he just said Roddick serves to his forehand....

He also said that Djokovic's return of serve is overrated. Therefore i presume he believes that Roddick's is greater.

fed_rulz
11-06-2009, 09:36 AM
He also said that Djokovic's return of serve is overrated. Therefore i presume he believes that Roddick's is greater.

you presumed wrong. comprehension FAIL

vanity
11-06-2009, 09:41 AM
you presumed wrong. comprehension FAIL

Oh I don't think so. You'd be surprised to what NamRanger believes.

Djokovicfan4life
11-06-2009, 11:00 AM

How would Djokovic's return being overrated make Roddick's better? That's like saying "Federer's backhand is overrated, so Roddick's must be better." It doesn't make sense.

hondas2k
11-06-2009, 11:23 AM
How would Djokovic's return being overrated make Roddick's better? That's like saying "Federer's backhand is overrated, so Roddick's must be better." It doesn't make sense.

WORD.
banned that Roddick's fan boy. :)

yellowoctopus
11-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Stanislas Wawrinka played really well against Djokovic today at Basel. However, Djokovic has some sick serve return skill. He knows how to block the serves when he is in off balance. It's pretty crazy I think. I know he has good return ability but today was amazing. This is what keep him stay in World No. 3 and made him earn AO 2008. What do you think guys?

Djokovic is one of the most dangerous returners of second serves. Does that make him one of the best returners in the game today? Absolutely.

Over 90% of the ATP players today have a first serve that is so big that makes having the ability to get the returns back pass the service line a tremendous task, let alone returning well enough to take control of the point. This is why having an ability to consistently punish the opponent's second serve sets players like Djokovic apart. Admittedly he is better at doing this off his backhand side.

IvanAndreevich
11-06-2009, 12:18 PM
His forehand return is not great. Sometimes it breaks down horribly.

sh@de
11-06-2009, 08:04 PM

Wow that is some serious comprehension error.

NamRanger
11-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Oh I don't think so. You'd be surprised to what NamRanger believes.

Do you seriously just circumvent bans just because you can gj011?

sh@de
11-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Do you seriously just circumvent bans just because you can gj011?

Are you sure he's gj? His grammar seems better than before...