PDA

View Full Version : Andy Roddick Withdraws Again

tvp900
11-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Once again, Roddick has withdrawn from a tournament, this time a Masters event. Does anyone know why? Is it an injury or is he still complaining about the schedule being too long?

JoelDali
11-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Too many double decker sandwiches.

Cody
11-06-2009, 06:31 PM
His knee

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/11/07/2736015.htm

Cody
11-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Too many double decker sandwiches.

You mean Brooklyn Decker sandwiches.......

EndLy
11-06-2009, 06:33 PM
I think double decker sandwiches works perfectly for this :twisted:

SuperFly
11-06-2009, 06:34 PM
You mean Brooklyn Decker sandwiches.......

http://i34.tinypic.com/x7zfd.jpg

Mmm, mmm, mmm. :)

DNShade
11-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Cody - nice profile pic. Gotta love Teahupo'o.

Cody
11-06-2009, 06:37 PM

Looks tasty :twisted:

Cody
11-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Cody - nice profile pic. Gotta love Teahupo'o.

Yeh, your guy bobby killed it this year.

SuperFly
11-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Looks tasty :twisted:

I hear it's great toasted.
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/ogdwuv.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4288)

Vyse
11-06-2009, 06:51 PM
dam she fine! He needs to at least play in that Finals tournament which I am sure he will

Fee
11-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Once again, Roddick has withdrawn from a tournament, this time a Masters event. Does anyone know why? Is it an injury or is he still complaining about the schedule being too long?

This is the knee injury that he got back in Shanghai. He said after he got the MRI in NYC that he would be off the court for 2 -3 weeks, he wasn't talking about tournaments he was talking about practice. He is still rehabbing it and I don't think he's even started to hit yet. He should be back for London, but if his team feels the knee isnt ready, then he'll stay home.

supersmash
11-06-2009, 10:55 PM
All he has to do is be ready for London. He's already qualified.

Feņa14
11-06-2009, 11:48 PM

Yup, he's been quite busy this year. A nice rest now before one last push in London seems about right.

vive le beau jeu !
11-07-2009, 01:02 AM
yes, it's perfectly understandable. he had an injury in shanghai, and doesn't need to risk to aggravate it before the masters cup !

tintin
11-07-2009, 05:11 AM
who cares if he pulls out

VGP
11-07-2009, 05:27 AM
who cares if he pulls out

You're talking about the tournament, right?

Cup8489
11-07-2009, 05:30 AM

Terrible VGP. Terrible xD

It's disappointing to see him withdraw from Paris, but hopefully it improves his chances in London. He deserves a big title this year, and Fed keeps denying him.

boss-man-boss
11-07-2009, 05:43 AM
Terrible VGP. Terrible xD

It's disappointing to see him withdraw from Paris, but hopefully it improves his chances in London. He deserves a big title this year, and Fed keeps denying him.

Maybe we might see Federer serve at 30% against roddick instead of 70%......

roddick FTW

jamesblakefan#1
11-07-2009, 05:47 AM

Fed didn't deny him at the USO, did he?

That's one of the bad things some Roddick fans do, put too much blame on Federer for Roddick's shortcomings. Fed isn't the only reason Roddick doesn't have a big title, at least not this season. Roddick flat out was a disappointment at the USO, and has been a disappointment since Wimbledon.

boss-man-boss
11-07-2009, 05:56 AM

That's one of the bad things some Roddick fans do, put too much blame on Federer for Roddick's shortcomings. Fed isn't the only reason Roddick doesn't have a big title, at least not this season. Roddick flat out was a disappointment at the USO, and has been a disappointment since Wimbledon.

yes, we've heard you many times say these things. But the majority of Roddick's losses in slams have come to Federer.

Name me one player except Federer who has beaten Roddick at least 3 times in a slam. Yes hewitt beat roddick in 2 slams but roddick has gotten hewitt back also........

jamesblakefan#1
11-07-2009, 06:07 AM
yes, we've heard you many times say these things. But the majority of Roddick's losses in slams have come to Federer.

Name me one player except Federer who has beaten Roddick at least 3 times in a slam. Yes hewitt beat roddick in 2 slams but roddick has gotten hewitt back also........

New user huh? :roll:

That's such an irrelevant stat BTW.

boss-man-boss
11-07-2009, 06:10 AM
New user huh? :roll:

That's such an irrelevant stat BTW.

actually it's quite relevant because you're saying that other players have beaten roddick in slams.yes that is true but appart from federer, who has beaten Roddick in a slam final??????

yep, you just got owned

jamesblakefan#1
11-07-2009, 06:12 AM
actually it's quite relevant because you're saying that other players have beaten roddick in slams.yes that is true but appart from federer, who has beaten Roddick in a slam final??????

yep, you just got owned

I'm talking about this season. And since Wimbledon how many times has Roddick lost to Fed? That's what I was speaking about. Losing to JMDP in DC and Canada, then Querrey in Cincy, Isner at USO, Kubot in China...can't blame Fed for Roddick not winning those big titles, can you?

boss-man-boss
11-07-2009, 06:19 AM
I'm talking about this season. And since Wimbledon how many times has Roddick lost to Fed? That's what I was speaking about. Losing to JMDP in DC and Canada, then Querrey in Cincy, Isner at USO, Kubot in China...can't blame Fed for Roddick not winning those big titles, can you?

Of course not. I thought you meant throughout his career........

losing to JMDP wasn't so bad (but should have won both matches)

kubot, who the **** is that.....a-rod has no excuses i admit

Fedace
11-07-2009, 06:29 AM
I hear it's great toasted.
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/ogdwuv.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4288)

Is he trying to have a baby ???:confused:

JeMar
11-07-2009, 07:15 AM
Of course not. I thought you meant throughout his career........

losing to JMDP wasn't so bad (but should have won both matches)

kubot, who the **** is that.....a-rod has no excuses i admit

Galactico?

jamesblakefan#1
11-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Galactico?

But of course. Guy has like 10+ ID's by now.

boss-man-boss
11-07-2009, 09:28 AM
I can't help feeling i'm being interrogated and accused of being this 'galactico'.

jamesblakefan#1
11-07-2009, 09:34 AM
I can't help feeling i'm being interrogated and accused of being this 'galactico'.

No one was interrogating. But thanks for outing yourself once again.

LiveForever
11-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Well you kinda shot yourself in the foot. You joined like 5 days ago and you are claiming to have knowledge of JBFs past posts.

NamRanger
11-07-2009, 10:04 AM

Federer denied Roddick at :

Wimbledon 2003
Wimbledon 2004
Wimbledon 2005
USO 2006
AO 2007
Wimbledon 2009

That's a pretty big list if you ask me. I think it's undeniable that Roddick would have more slams right now if Federer didn't exist. He wouldn't be a super dominant force, but he'd be at the top of the list somewhere.

But hey you know; at least Roddick does what he's supposed to do. In fact, with his supposedly limited skill sets, he has overachieved according to many here. James Blake who is far more athletic, far more talented, and has far more weapons can't even make it past the QF of a slam, rofl.

boss-man-boss
11-07-2009, 10:06 AM
No one was interrogating. But thanks for outing yourself once again.

i stole a computer from my class so i could join again and admin can't get my ip address....

Ripper014
11-07-2009, 10:06 AM

I think Roddick has been a little banged up since Wimbledon... didn't he get injured in the finals? Probably got a little banged up mentally too.

Anaconda
11-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Federer denied Roddick at :

Wimbledon 2003
Wimbledon 2004
Wimbledon 2005
USO 2006
AO 2007
Wimbledon 2009

That's a pretty big list if you ask me. I think it's undeniable that Roddick would have more slams right now if Federer didn't exist. He wouldn't be a super dominant force, but he'd be at the top of the list somewhere.

But hey you know; at least Roddick does what he's supposed to do. In fact, with his supposedly limited skill sets, he has overachieved according to many here. James Blake who is far more athletic, far more talented, and has far more weapons can't even make it past the QF of a slam, rofl.

I think Roddick/Safin/Hewitt would all be on 4 or 5 slams each right now.

Federer also beat Roddick in US2007 and AO2009. Maybe he could have won USopen07 but probably not at the Australian open 2009 :(

jamesblakefan#1
11-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Roddick fans are so defensive. You say one thing criticizing the guy and they get all butt hurt and pull out the excuses.

FEDEXP
11-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Nobody "deserves" anything.

NamRanger
11-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Roddick fans are so defensive. You say one thing criticizing the guy and they get all butt hurt and pull out the excuses.

No, I'm not defensive. I'm just saying the truth. Federer has stopped Roddick nearly every time he has gone deep in a slam. Roddick may have not won them all, but it's safe to say that he probably would have at least won one of them if not more.

Unless you're saying Tommy Haas was going to beat Roddick in the final of Wimbledon 2009. Hardy har har.

jamesblakefan#1
11-07-2009, 12:00 PM
No, I'm not defensive. I'm just saying the truth. Federer has stopped Roddick nearly every time he has gone deep in a slam. Roddick may have not won them all, but it's safe to say that he probably would have at least won one of them if not more.

Unless you're saying Tommy Haas was going to beat Roddick in the final of Wimbledon 2009. Hardy har har.

Maybe Roddick should man up and beat Federer more than twice his entire life. Why not think of it that way? If, if...that's all I hear from Roddick fans. Why couldn't Roddick step up and win some of those matches? JMDP did it. Djokovic did it. Safin did it. Why couldn't Roddick?

NamRanger
11-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Maybe Roddick should man up and beat Federer more than twice his entire life. Why not think of it that way? If, if...that's all I hear from Roddick fans. Why couldn't Roddick step up and win some of those matches? JMDP did it. Djokovic did it. Safin did it. Why couldn't Roddick?

Why can't James Blake make it past the QF of a slam and stop being a huge and massive underachiever despite the fact that he has more physical talent than nearly everyone on the tour? James Blake is a phenomenal athlete and is extremely strong for his size. He is blazing fast to boot.

Yet the guy can hardly make it past the 2nd round of a slam now.

We can go round and round in circles, but at least I have the card to say that Federer is a terrible match-up for Roddick. At least Roddick is making it deep in slams still. James Blake is busy losing to guys like Andreas Seppi or almost losing to the likes of Fabrice Santoro and Donald Young.

BTW, you can stop your trolling already. I'm sorry that Roddick eclipses James Blake's achievements by a galaxy. Not my problem ok? No need to be jealous. I'm sorry that James Blake with all his athleticism and superior talent can't beat one shot wonder's achievements alright?

LiveForever
11-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Why can't James Blake make it past the QF of a slam and stop being a huge and massive underachiever despite the fact that he has more physical talent than nearly everyone on the tour? James Blake is a phenomenal athlete and is extremely strong for his size. He is blazing fast to boot.

Yet the guy can hardly make it past the 2nd round of a slam now.

We can go round and round in circles, but at least I have the card to say that Federer is a terrible match-up for Roddick. At least Roddick is making it deep in slams still. James Blake is busy losing to guys like Andreas Seppi or almost losing to the likes of Fabrice Santoro and Donald Young.

BTW, you can stop your trolling already. I'm sorry that Roddick eclipses James Blake's achievements by a galaxy. Not my problem ok? No need to be jealous. I'm sorry that James Blake with all his athleticism and superior talent can't beat one shot wonder's achievements alright?
Do you think James Blake has more talent than Roddick? It could be possible but I have to disagree. Blake is much faster no doubt but when it comes to tennis. I think Roddick is quite a bit better. The only problem is that Roddick kept changing his game plan over the course of his career.

Cfidave
11-07-2009, 12:48 PM
How can you be so sure Roddick would have won some, of even any of the slams, where he lost to Fed in the finals? How about the guys Fed beat on the way to the finals, who otherwise, may have beaten Roddick, had they not lost to Roger. The bottom line remains, Roddick is a lone slam winner, behind the likes of even Safin, and Hewitt.

Fee
11-07-2009, 01:32 PM
From Andy's twitter earlier today:

"I have never been more excited to be able to jog slowly..."

Looks like his rehab has progressed another step. But London in two weeks might still be a tough call to make.

kishnabe
11-07-2009, 01:35 PM

Who needs a secon grand slam when you got that!:)

NamRanger
11-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Do you think James Blake has more talent than Roddick? It could be possible but I have to disagree. Blake is much faster no doubt but when it comes to tennis. I think Roddick is quite a bit better. The only problem is that Roddick kept changing his game plan over the course of his career.

James Blake definitely has more natural talent than Roddick does. He is more of a natural at ball striking off both sides, creating shots, at the net, etc. and is just generally a better tennis player. The only thing Roddick has over him is a mental will made of steel and the booming serve. Blake out classes Roddick in these areas :

1. Movement
2. Forehand
3. Backhand
4. Offense
5. Defense

Yet the guy can't even get past the QF of a slam even during his best years due to his unbelievably weak mental strength.

MajinX
11-07-2009, 06:16 PM
James Blake definitely has more natural talent than Roddick does. He is more of a natural at ball striking off both sides, creating shots, at the net, etc. and is just generally a better tennis player. The only thing Roddick has over him is a mental will made of steel and the booming serve. Blake out classes Roddick in these areas :

1. Movement
2. Forehand
3. Backhand
4. Offense
5. Defense

Yet the guy can't even get past the QF of a slam even during his best years due to his unbelievably weak mental strength.

I agree, if talent determined everything then we would have gulbus winning slams already. Roddick might be the least talented slam winner of this decade. But is also probably one of the harder if not hardest worker and grinder one the decade. Wat he does is play efficient tennis that works for him.

World Beater
11-08-2009, 11:13 AM
andy has been one of the tour players like federer who i have felt manages his schedule really well. he usually comes back only when he is at least 90% confident in his physical abilities.

jamesblakefan#1
11-08-2009, 01:01 PM

1. Movement
2. Forehand
3. Backhand
4. Offense
5. Defense

You're definitely UNDERRATING Roddick. From the time he came onto the scene he had one of the top 20-top 10 FHs in the game...though he didn't always use it well...he's always had strength off the FH wing...it's not like he's Karlovic when it comes to the ground game.

Also when he first broke through, he was smaller, and his movement wasn't as much of a liability as it tended to be at times from 2005-2008. Now that he's dropped some weight his movement's improved a bit, but still not at the level it was from 2002-2004.

Don't make it seem as though Roddick's some one trick pony. Some fan you are.

As far as Roddick vs Blake....Roddick's much more consistent off the ground than Blake...even though Blake's FH is more powerful, it doesn't really mean much if he can't hit it as consistently as Roddick does, which he can't. Roddick's the much more consistent player, and the talent gap isn't as wide as you make it seem...Roddick was a top ranked junior, meanwhile Blake was hardly noticed as a junior and came from college to the pros, a rarity these days. Blake may be the better athlete, but Roddick's the better tennis player due to the consistent game he possesses.

Athleticism and talent only get you so far in tennis, as Monfils, Gulbis, Gasquet are learning right now. Consistency is what it takes to be a top level player in tennis, and Roddick has a far more consistent style of play than Blake ever possessed. That is the reason for the discrepancy in their levels of success, along w/ the mental factors you mentioned. But saying Roddick doesn't possess a top 100 ground game is laughable.

GustafsonFanatic
11-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Is Roddick coming back for London?

cuddles26
11-08-2009, 01:08 PM

1. Movement
2. Forehand
3. Backhand
4. Offense
5. Defense

Blake is not that great a player as you are making him out to be. He is a one dimensional brainless basher. As for comparing him to Roddick, there are many many lower ranked guys who outclass Roddick outside the serve, not just Blake, but the serve is the most important shot in the game and Roddick's serve is in another stratosphere from Blake's. Roddick's serve alone is a potent enough weapon it already makes him a better player than non top 10 caliber guys like Blake, regardless how the rest of his game stacks up. As it is otherwise Roddick is a much smarter player, alot more consistent off the ground off both sides even though less explosive, is more willing to attack the net even if he doesnt really volley better, is better at getting return of serves back in play even if attacking them less than Blake, and yes also is a much better competitor.

NamRanger
11-08-2009, 01:10 PM
You're definitely UNDERRATING Roddick. From the time he came onto the scene he had one of the top 20-top 10 FHs in the game...though he didn't always use it well...he's always had strength off the FH wing...it's not like he's Karlovic when it comes to the ground game.

Also when he first broke through, he was smaller, and his movement wasn't as much of a liability as it tended to be at times from 2005-2008. Now that he's dropped some weight his movement's improved a bit, but still not at the level it was from 2002-2004.

Don't make it seem as though Roddick's some one trick pony. Some fan you are.

As far as Roddick vs Blake....Roddick's much more consistent off the ground than Blake...even though Blake's FH is more powerful, it doesn't really mean much if he can't hit it as consistently as Roddick does, which he can't. Roddick's the much more consistent player, and the talent gap isn't as wide as you make it seem...Roddick was a top ranked junior, meanwhile Blake was hardly noticed as a junior and came from college to the pros, a rarity these days. Blake may be the better athlete, but Roddick's the better tennis player due to the consistent game he possesses.

Athleticism and talent only get you so far in tennis, as Monfils, Gulbis, Gasquet are learning right now. Consistency is what it takes to be a top level player in tennis, and Roddick has a far more consistent style of play than Blake ever possessed. That is the reason for the discrepancy in their levels of success, along w/ the mental factors you mentioned. But saying Roddick doesn't possess a top 100 ground game is laughable.

I am a big fan of Roddick because he's not naturally talented and has to work hard. Blake has much more natural talent than Roddick, but due to his 12 year old like strategy, he has never made it past the QF of a slam despite the fact that he in fact has the game to go abit farther at least in the HC slams (or at least consistently get to the QFs).

Fee
11-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Is Roddick coming back for London?

He's trying, it's day to day I suppose. Just wait and see how much stronger he can get and if his knee is match ready in two weeks.

SuperFly
11-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Is he trying to have a baby ???:confused:

No, I just never give up a chance to use that gif. In fact, that sketch uses your catchphrase: "Can I have your number???" ,,,,,

KerryJ
11-08-2009, 04:35 PM

This was hilarious and I suggest every single person ever goes back to page one to read it. I can't believe it went unnoticed