PDA

View Full Version : Agassi with THE ball hopper (Commercial).

Tenny
04-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Another question regarding another now old card commercial.

In his commercial for American express card, AA purchases a ball hopper, brings it to his home, passes the court (I want one...), and goes directly to a children's room. Then he begins to pick up toys. That was a cute commercial. Then I thought, 'it isn't that simple!'. He picks up toys/dolls of various size. Usual ball hoppers for tennis ball, IMO, cannot do that. Do you think they developed something with trapdoor for the commercial? Just curious.

Coda
04-15-2005, 11:06 PM
I think it's all computer generated...why develop a new hopper when a guy behind a screen can do it cheaper?

raftermania
04-15-2005, 11:06 PM
haha, you're overanalying!!!!

But since you asked, I think it was computer generated. :)

MegacedU
04-16-2005, 06:41 AM
Hoppers are like the best invention ever. I love mine but yeah I agree with the computer generated statements.

fantom
04-16-2005, 06:47 AM
I thought about that as well and looked really hard at the hopper the next time I saw the commercial. If you look really close, you can see that the bottom of the hopper DOES have a trapdoor on the bottom of it. You can see it fairly clearly when he picks up one of the toys. Check it out.

USCfan
04-16-2005, 06:55 AM
Yeah, it's definitely not a regular hopper, and I believe there is a trapdoor-that's certainly what it looked like.