PDA

View Full Version : 1hbh 2hbh

krnmc
11-07-2009, 12:56 AM
Im a highschool varsity doubles #1 and singles 3 player the thing i through out high school i would often switch back and forth between 1 hand and 2h back hand. And right now since its off season still >< im still debating if i should go 1h or 2h. Any suggestions? every part of my game is 4.5 serves vollys forehand and etc. but my back hand is not. And my coach would get mad me for constantly changing between 1H and 2h.

My 1h less power but i can create more angle compare to 2h.And my 2 h is more consistent. but i still have a little trouble hitting High balls. Any suggestion on whether i should go 1h or 2h and how to hit a better high boucing ball?

thanks!

Cody
11-07-2009, 01:08 AM
What does your coach say about this?

To get a full analysis on which shot is better, a video of you performing these both one hander and two hander.

If you want to compete as quick and be competitive as you can, a two hander would probably be more suited, a one hander is usualy harder to devolop and requires better footwork.

Main points

Two Hander

-Easier to develop
-High balls can be managed better
-Usually Consistent

One Hander

-Needs Better footwork
-So much more fulfilling when hit good :)
-Harder to develop early on and high balls can be hard to manage.

Remember this is just going off generalizations, you may be different.

No matter what you pick, nothing beats good old hard practice. :twisted:

krnmc
11-07-2009, 01:12 AM
Hmm thanks my coach says i should go with 2hbh ha but like u said it is a lot more fulfilling when i do hit with 1hbh ha

i dnt have a video camera so it'll be hard for me to put my self up but i will try though.

also do u think its better to take the ball on the rise or when the ball is dropping?

Cody
11-07-2009, 01:31 AM
It's your tennis game and whatever you want goes.

But to answer your question, taking the ball on the rise is alot harder to do but pays off by being aggressive.

Example- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql5xVpACt1Y

Agassi is famous for being a aggresive baseliner and a big part of his game was taking the ball on the rise.

Watch how he prepares early and takes the ball as it is going up.

This applies to both backhands be it one handed or two.

Blake0
11-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Hehe..i was blessed with not being able to hit a 2hbh...so many people who had this problem...:). I'd say stick with whichever qualities of the shot you think are MORE important to you. Would you rather be more consistent based with a good amount of power on your backhand side, or would you want to be able to hit angles with decent power?

Note: you can develop angles on 2hbhs and you can learn to hit 1hbhs more consistently. It just matters on what you consider most important for you right now, which in my oppinion would be a 2hbh.

BullDogTennis
11-07-2009, 12:54 PM
pick which one want and run with it!!! play hard, practice harder!

Slazenger07
11-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Go with the 1hbh. Its more versatile, more rewarding when hit well, and imo easier to hit harder than the two-hander. I might be a little biased cause that's what I use but I think its overall the better shot when you get it down. For really tough high balls use the slice backhand and you'll be set.

moroni
11-07-2009, 01:37 PM
just remember the feeling when u hit a down the line one hander for a winner... maan it feels good ..... i'd go for a 1hbh