PDA

View Full Version : Korolev Running Forehand

laboule
11-07-2009, 07:48 AM
Did anyone see his running forehand vs Federer yesterday in Basel? It made federer giggle and was the best running forehand I have seen in my life but the producer did not run the replay of it... :/ Anyone got it on video?

IvanAndreevich
11-07-2009, 09:21 AM
The DTL passing shot at 100+ mph?

laboule
11-07-2009, 01:52 PM
It was down the line with Federer quite close, but it was too hard for him to reach it.

President of Serve/Volley
11-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Did anyone see his running forehand vs Federer yesterday in Basel? It made federer giggle and was the best running forehand I have seen in my life but the producer did not run the replay of it... :/ Anyone got it on video?

Better than Pete Sampras?

mikro112
11-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Video or it didn't happen!

MuseFan
11-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Yes I want video, or I call ********!

laboule
11-09-2009, 01:37 AM
Better than Pete Sampras?

As far as my memory goes, yes! :) But it was so strange, the commentators were going crazy over it but the stupid producer missed it somehow and no replay was shown :/

Andres
11-09-2009, 02:35 AM
Still nothing on Youtube

Psyballa
11-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Pretty sure someone will get something up soon.

asafi2
11-09-2009, 08:02 AM
As far as my memory goes, yes! :) But it was so strange, the commentators were going crazy over it but the stupid producer missed it somehow and no replay was shown :/

The Eurosport commentators were not going crazy over it. In fact, they just said "Korolev can show that to his kids."

IIRC, the shot wasn't that spectacular...he got there in plenty of time and he just hit a flat, hard shot. That was probably why they didn't show any replays or have youtube videos of it...

The one Federer hit against Seppi in the same tournament was remarkable. He went full speed from one side of the court to the other (the ball was reeaaal low) and he hit a banana type shot just barely over the net as he reached super low to get the ball.

Here is the Federer FH against Seppi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc8pBaMzMdE&feature=related

laboule
11-09-2009, 10:42 AM
The Eurosport commentators were not going crazy over it. In fact, they just said "Korolev can show that to his kids."

IIRC, the shot wasn't that spectacular...he got there in plenty of time and he just hit a flat, hard shot. That was probably why they didn't show any replays or have youtube videos of it...

The one Federer hit against Seppi in the same tournament was remarkable. He went full speed from one side of the court to the other (the ball was reeaaal low) and he hit a banana type shot just barely over the net as he reached super low to get the ball.

Here is the Federer FH against Seppi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc8pBaMzMdE&feature=related

That one has more feel to it, and might be more impressive. The korolev forehand was still cooler to me :)

laboule
01-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Found it! Forward to 2min 53sec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKVyqalvs28