PDA

View Full Version : Changing racquet does help!

Golden Retriever
11-08-2009, 07:27 AM
I changed to a more powerful racquet (Babolat Pure Drive) and beat the fast guy. I don't know maybe it was the honeymoon effect, but it definately helped.

I think the modern power racquet (cough*Babolat*cough) helps the power game more than anything else. My volley didn't improve, my serve didn't improve, my touch didn't improve but I got more power, just what I needed.

Now where is my sponsorship check from Babolat?

moroni
11-08-2009, 11:06 AM
well... yeah i got more power with babolat rackets ... but i us th K90 cuz it gives me so much control and accuracy and i can hit better at closed angles ... but i cant argue that power is better when i use most of bab's rackets especially on the backhand...

PS: U can collect ur check at BAB's old news AND trash Centre located in tennis ****** island ... XO XD

Cindysphinx
11-08-2009, 11:19 AM
More power than what, GoldenRetriever? What were you using before?

I certainly played better when I went from gigantic Wilson T-2 (120") to Babolat AeroDrive. I love my rackets. Can't imagine playing with anything else.

Mick
11-08-2009, 12:08 PM
well. maybe the other fellow had a bad day :shock:
if you continue to beat him then maybe the results can be attributed to the change in racquet.

darthpwner
11-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Technology does help

tlm
11-08-2009, 06:51 PM
I have went down in power+think it helps my game more than the rocket launchers.It seems i can hit more aggressively with a less powerful frame, because i can swing out more with confidence the ball will still go in.

Shangri La
11-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Don't let that fast guy see this thread. Otherwise he'll switch too and you'll have a tough time again.

crash1929
11-09-2009, 05:03 AM
babolats work for me

eagle
11-09-2009, 05:34 AM
well. maybe the other fellow had a bad day :shock:
if you continue to beat him then maybe the results can be attributed to the change in racquet.

I agree.

I rarely attribute my wins or losses to my racquet. I tend to always look primarily at my footwork. I also assess what my opponent has done to either beat me or to be beaten.

Were your racquets strung up the similarly?

r,
eagle

LeeD
11-09-2009, 07:31 AM
Pure BS coming from a beginner tennis playing OP.
If that racket was so great, EVERYONE would be using it.
I beat guys using Pure Drives with my soft Dunlop all the time. And guys with all different rackets, including PureDrives, beat me.
And there are literally HUNDREDS of rackets with more power than PureDrives out on the market. Maybe you should switch to one of those and become the NumberONE player in the world.