PDA

View Full Version : the best raquet!!

salsainglesa
11-08-2009, 09:34 PM
is the one you forget about when you are playing, that means you are confortable and you wont get disctracted with your gear....

also... you could be aprehensive about raquets, and changing it wont really help, its distracting even thinking what a great raquet you have!

any thoughts?

chess9
11-09-2009, 04:39 AM
Well....

The 'best racquet' falls into these categories, IMHO:

1. Like wine, the best racquet is the one in your hand. This works for a lot of people, particularly those under 3.5 or so. Most of the beginners and a lot of players up to 4.5 don't know anything about the racquets, strings, weightings, etc.
2. For some, the 'best racquet' is the product of months, if not years of searching. They are always looking for the Excalibur Sword of racquets.
3. For many of the fellows on this board-certainly a discriminating lot!-the best racquet doesn't exist. They know there are probably 10 racquets, at least, that they could play with. They also know that strings are the soul of tennis racquets.

-Robert

DangerDan
11-09-2009, 06:23 AM
They also know that strings are the soul of tennis racquets.

Well put Chess09, I'm gonna use that line on my high school players. Some of which show up with mom or dads racquet from the 80's.

Fedace
11-09-2009, 06:36 AM
Well put Chess09, I'm gonna use that line on my high school players. Some of which show up with mom or dads racquet from the 80's.

Strings are Critical. it is also critical that we know how much the strings weigh. I can feel the difference of heavy full Poly job and Lighter poly/multi hybrid job....

LeeD
11-09-2009, 07:04 AM
It's all in your head, as usual.
Any decent racket made in the last 25 years with strings newer than that does just fine up to 5.5 levels.
I play against 5.0's all the time, always lose, and use 4 year old rackets with one year old strings (15 gauge nylon at 63 lbs.) Works fine, when I miss a shot, I missed it, not the equipement.