PDA

View Full Version : Justine Henin's Return?!?!

se0what
11-09-2009, 06:50 PM
as you all know Justine Henin 7-time grand slam chapion announced that show will come back to the WTA in 2010.
her first appearance will be at the 2010 Aussie open
she might possibly have it easy because her first rival serena, is very "image conscious" cause her out burst in us open.
Venus, is declining
clijster's only major competition
there are no DOMINATE players in the WTA

info from inside tennis mag.

OddJack
11-09-2009, 06:53 PM
And that's why she is back, she smells some easy money.

tennis angel
11-10-2009, 06:19 AM
It will be nice to see another comeback, it's working for Kim.

sureshs
11-10-2009, 06:30 AM
as you all know Justine Henin 7-time grand slam chapion announced that show will come back to the WTA in 2010.
she might possibly have it easy because her first rival serena, is very "image conscious" cause her out burst in us open.
Venus, is declining

I thought she was playing a warmup in Sydney

se0what
11-10-2009, 09:47 AM

well thats what is says in the mag im sure she will have a comin bak tourney before the aussie (thinkin it over)

Jonny S&V
11-10-2009, 09:50 AM

well thats what is says in the mag im sure she will have a comin bak tourney before the aussie (thinkin it over)

She's quoted as saying she'll play Sydney, but I can't remember where the quote is...

Ripper014
11-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Venus, is declining

Not sure where they get this... Justine and Serena are about the same age (a year apart)... and Justine has been away from the game for quite a while now, coming back to competition is not easy for a young player... at 28 and near the end of your career I would not think it would be easy. However that being said... she is an exceptional player and should transition back easier than most. People that win... know how to win, now if only the body can keep up.

Justine beat Serena and Venus in the past when they were at their best... why would she not be able to beat them now.

zapvor
11-10-2009, 10:04 AM
this is great news. boost for WTA

MasturB
11-10-2009, 02:21 PM
As I said before, I'm looking forward to seeing her "upset" someone like Jankovic or Ivanovic in the 2nd round. haha

jones101
11-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Justine has been given a wildcard already for Brisbane International as a warmup.

pound cat
11-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Welcome back to the surreal world of professional tennis Justine and it's accompanying percs...$$$$$$$$$$$$

Better than working for a living owning tennis academies.

CCNM
11-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Wishing JuJu the best. I agree she was no angel but (judging from some childhood photos I've seen) she was a "nerd" who made good.

kishnabe
11-10-2009, 08:23 PM
As I said before, I'm looking forward to seeing her "upset" someone like Jankovic or Ivanovic in the 2nd round. haha

More likely the other way around. An upset:( if henin loses to them.

IvanAndreevich
11-10-2009, 08:56 PM
I wonder if a GS tourney can choose to seed a WC.