PDA

View Full Version : Safin on Agassi..we'll miss his interviews

pound cat
11-10-2009, 04:34 AM
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10112009/58/safin-agassi-hand-money.html

Marat Safin has come up with an instant remedy to help Andre Agassi clear his conscience after his admission that he lied about using drugs - hand back the millions of dollars he made in prize money.

More StoriesSafin survives stiff qualifier test
Gasquet appears at CAS hearing
WTA: Doping system too tough
Safin also suggested Agassi might also want to consider forfeitting all the titles he won during his long and celebrated career if he was serious about coming clean.

"He feels guilty? So let him just give back his titles, money, his Grand Slams!" Safin told French sports daily L'Equipe.

"If he is so fair play, he should go all the way. You know, ATP have a bank account, he can refund if he wants to."

Safin, currently playing his last tournament in Paris this week, also questioned Agassi's motives for revealing his past drug use in his autobiography "Open".

In his book, Agassi revealed he had used and tested positive for crystal meth in 1997 but escaped punishment by lying to the investigators.

The American has since spoken about his remorse over his actions but Safin said was concerned about the way in which he confessed.

"I won't write my biography. I do not need any money. The question is: why did he do it?" Safin said.

"What's done is done. He hopes to sell more books. But he is completely stupid!"

"I do not defend the ATP but what he said put them in a bad position. ATP allowed him to win a lot of tournaments, to make a lot of money.

"They kept his secret so why be so cruel with them? There are times you need to be able to shut up."

Earlier this month, the World Anti-Doping Agency said they were investigating whether to lay fresh charges against Agassi.

Reuters

http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20091110/25/0b859880f488c108ce8c07a4b4e9fde1.jpg

Bengt
11-10-2009, 04:41 AM
Safin's a moron - always has been and always will be.

Nuke
11-10-2009, 04:46 AM
Safin's a moron . . .

. . . but maybe a moron's right occasionally.

Bengt
11-10-2009, 04:54 AM
. . . but maybe a moron's right occasionally.

So you agree that Andre Agassi should, as Safin demands, transfer millions in prize money into the "ATP bank account" and forfeit his titles (including Grand Slams) for using a non-performance enhancing drug back in '97 when he was ranked 140th in the world? Ridiculous. Safin's just trying to make some noise as his underwhelming, uninspiring career mercifully winds down.

jrod
11-10-2009, 05:03 AM
Marat Safin has come up with an instant remedy to help Andre Agassi clear his conscience after his admission that he lied about using drugs - hand back the millions of dollars he made in prize money.

Is Marat really that clueless? Does he have any idea as to how much $ Andre has given back? Not just given back, but actually done something productive for underprivileged children.

Has Marat ever done anything for anyone besides himself? Go climb another mountain Marat...only do us all a favor and make the summit this time and stay there.

Richie Rich
11-10-2009, 05:04 AM
he does have a point though. the atp quietly swept the drug use under the carpet. but this does out the ATP and make them look bad - who else have they covered up for?

BlakeGOAT
11-10-2009, 05:11 AM
Is Marat really that clueless? Does he have any idea as to how much $ Andre has given back? Not just given back, but actually done something productive for underprivileged children.

Has Marat ever done anything for anyone besides himself? Go climb another mountain Marat...only do us all a favor and make the summit this time and stay there.

Errh.. hes talking about the ATP, not underprivileged children. They covered up his secret and now he hurts them with all these confessions. Why? To sell more books. Safin has a point.

Bud
11-10-2009, 05:14 AM
"I do not defend the ATP but what he said put them in a bad position. ATP allowed him to win a lot of tournaments, to make a lot of money.

"They kept his secret so why be so cruel with them? There are times you need to be able to shut up."

Bingo! Safin hit the nail on the head.

jrod
11-10-2009, 05:17 AM
Errh.. hes talking about the ATP, not underprivileged children. They covered up his secret and now he hurts them with all these confessions. Why? To sell more books. Safin has a point.

Andre lied and has more than made up for it and continues to pour $ into charitable causes.

Again, what the hell has Safin ever done for anyone other than himself?

Gemini
11-10-2009, 05:20 AM
Then why ask Agassi to give up his money if the ATP allowed him to earn it anyway??? As far as I'm concerned, the ATP's at fault for not taking the proper steps in banning Agassi like Coria, Puerta, Hingis (WTA/ITF), etc.

If you haven't noticed, bans usually are imposed on unknown to lesser known players on tour. Players that have less of global reach/appeal are subject as well. Hingis, in my opinion, was the exception but the governing bodies realized that she wasn't the player she used to be when they imposed the ban and therefore really had nothing to lose.

BlakeGOAT
11-10-2009, 05:23 AM
Andre lied and has more than made up for it and continues to poor $ into charitable causes.

Again, this has nothing to do with charitable causes.

Stupid question. We are talking about Agassi. Safin never tested positive for drugs and lied about it.

ahile02
11-10-2009, 05:27 AM
Safin. Good player. Funny. Occasionally right. But kinda a tool.

BlakeGOAT
11-10-2009, 05:27 AM
Ignore the other post (;

Andre lied and has more than made up for it and continues to pour $ into charitable causes.

Again, this has nothing to do with charitable causes.

Stupid question. We are talking about Agassi. Safin never tested positive for drugs and lied about it.

jrod
11-10-2009, 05:46 AM

Does the bigger picture escape you all the time, or just on occassion?

Again, Andre lied to the ATP. He benefited from this, and made the ATP look foolish (not that they needed any help). Safin's remedy is a pathetic attempt at humor. It does nothing to rectify the situation.

What exactly would you have Andre do differently to make up for his mistakes?

zapvor
11-10-2009, 06:09 AM
thats pretty funny

BlakeGOAT
11-10-2009, 06:13 AM
Does the bigger picture escape you all the time, or just on occassion?

Lol do u always miss the point the oint make meaningless arguments?

Again, Andre lied to the ATP. He benefited from this, and made the ATP look foolish (not that they needed any help). Safin's remedy is a pathetic attempt at humor. It does nothing to rectify the situation.

Well, there you kinda just admitted Safin is right so how the hell can his statement be a "pathetic attemt at humor? Lol but atleast you're making some progress.

What exactly would you have Andre do differently to make up for his mistakes?

Well, he probably never should have said anything in the first place and if he did, he shouldnt have done it to sell more books. But it doesnt matter now, its too late.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
11-10-2009, 06:18 AM

Very good post! Totally agree, go buy some hard liquor instead and stfu!

G&G
11-10-2009, 06:20 AM
I think that all of you don't understand russian humor. Safin just said that if you did something wrong and ATP did not catch you, keep your mouth shut. that's it. That is not good for the tennis. All Agassi wants is just money, to sell the book. I believe that in a year nobody will remember his book, but his reputation will be damaged forever. If i was Longiness would terminate the contract with Agassi.

jrod
11-10-2009, 06:26 AM
Lol do u always miss the point the oint make meaningless arguments?

Thanks. You've answered my question.

Well, there you kinda just admitted Safin is right so how the hell can his statement be a "pathetic attemt at humor? Lol but atleast you're making some progress.

Let me get this straight. I paraphrase what Andre said, and you interpret this as justification of Safin's position? Pretzel logic.

Well, he probably never should have said anything in the first place and if he did, he shouldnt have done it to sell more books. But it doesnt matter now, its too late.

That's your remedy? Impressive.

BlakeGOAT
11-10-2009, 06:37 AM
Thanks. You've answered my question.

Let me get this straight. I paraphrase what Andre said, and you interpret this as justification of Safin's position? Pretzel logic.

That's your remedy? Impressive.

LMAO c'mon now you cant even make a single argument so you are limited to small arrogant remarks? Have you forgotten what the topic is or have you just given up on trying to make sense?

jrod
11-10-2009, 06:52 AM
LMAO c'mon now you cant even make a single argument so you are limited to small arrogant remarks? Have you forgotten what the topic is or have you just given up on trying to make sense?

Well, if you take a look back at the thread and read my posts I think it's pretty clear what my position is here. When I read what you've contributed, the only thing you've made clear is that you disagree with me. While that's nice to know, I'm not sure anyone really cares. I certainly don't.

hankash
11-10-2009, 06:53 AM
The best part is when Agassi said he made these confessions to get it off his chest. I guess the only way to get it off your chest (or maybe it's the most easy and profitable way) is by writing about it in a book. He couldn't have held a press conference all these years to get it off his chest?

rommil
11-10-2009, 07:25 AM
The best part is when Agassi said he made these confessions to get it off his chest. I guess the only way to get it off your chest (or maybe it's the most easy and profitable way) is by writing about it in a book. He couldn't have held a press conference all these years to get it off his chest?

Sadly, a lot of people in well commercialized communities feel that way, that if they were going to do a tell all, might as well make money out of it, right? When Agassi was on 60 minutes, he talked a lot about his dad and their relations and how he really "hated" tennis. I thought, I hope he has resolved their differences or his grudge with his long time ago before he writes stuffs like these for other people to read.
On Marat's opinion, well it's just that. Navratilova, Federer, Nadal et al have already said their pieces on it and I'm afraid others will too. That's Agassi's burden. It would be interesting to see how they are next time they have a tournament where they bump into each other.

vandre
11-10-2009, 07:49 AM

that's not true, marat has work extensively with the "adopt a callgirl" program. to date, marat has adopted oodles of them!!!! :twisted:

lol

BlakeGOAT
11-10-2009, 08:54 AM
When I read what you've contributed, the only thing you've made clear is that you disagree with me. While that's nice to know, I'm not sure anyone really cares. I certainly don't.

Yeah, that and I've ruined your weak arguments. And if you didn't care, you could have just avoided this discussion.

federer_FREAK
11-10-2009, 08:59 AM
BlakeGOAT, I gotta side with jrod on this one.

jrod
11-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Yeah, that and I've ruined your weak arguments....

You did? How so?

Chadwixx
11-10-2009, 09:04 AM
Safin said exactly what i did. Agassi's accomplishments after 1997 dont count. He shouldnt give the money to the corrupt atp, he should give the money to guys like medvedev whom he cheated in matches.

BlakeGOAT
11-10-2009, 09:10 AM
You did? How so?

Take a look back at the thread again.

Bhagi Katbamna
11-10-2009, 09:17 AM
I don't think Safin is actually saying that he should give back the money. I think what Safin is doing is questioning Agassi's motivation for revealing something that damages the ATP now(just before his book comes out). Safin is questioning his motivation and timing of the information. Something that I agree with Safin on.

BlakeGOAT
11-10-2009, 09:26 AM
I don't think Safin is actually saying that he should give back the money. I think what Safin is doing is questioning Agassi's motivation for revealing something that damages the ATP now(just before his book comes out). Safin is questioning his motivation and timing of the information. Something that I agree with Safin on.

Exactly. Good post.

CyBorg
11-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Safin's right. Agassi's apology does have a certain stench to it, considering that it comes in the form of a commodity that puts money in his pocket.

ac3111
11-10-2009, 10:02 AM
I don't think Agassi should give anything back simply because the crystal meth hurt his health, it was not an enhancer drug, did not improve Agassi's ability to play or his stamina. So he has nothing to give back. And the fact he has built a whole school that says a lot.
Safin may be right though about revealing all those things in an autobiography is a bit like you want to make the autobiography a best-seller. I mean he could have confessed all those things without writing a book.
But I am divided a bit... I mean Agassi with his statements I think shows that a no1 player can get away with it if he uses the right excuses...
I don't know what would have happened if he was not a no1 or top player.
So from that point of you I think it's good he brought up the matter because it shows all of us that it is money and interests that rule... everywhere...

THESEXPISTOL
11-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Safin, Federer, Nadal.. They all play the 'right game' while they're still on tour.
Wait a few years after they retire and you will see they have their dirt too.
Nobody is perfect.

I like safin, i really do.. But he's one of the guys who throw his career from the window. I mean.. They guy had such a potential. He wouldn't be a Federer, but he could at least won 5 slams.

Mick
11-10-2009, 10:09 AM

Safin sounded like Robert DeNiro in GoodFellas:

"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." :)

endbegin
11-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Safin really should think before he speaks sometimes. It can be funny sometimes, but it would be nice to grow up a bit too.

There might be some credence to the argument that Agassi is coming out with all of this to sell his book, but he is clearly coming clean from a psychological standpoint. Personally, it is refreshing to see someone who has been at the very top write something honest and open and admit to being incredibly flawed because that is the reality.

I don't believe that Agassi wanted to put the ATP down. This is all about exposing his personal demons. More power to him. If anyone thinks that he is purely financially motivated, then don't buy his book.

bluetrain4
11-10-2009, 10:39 AM
I don't agree with Safin, but if you do believe Agassi should give back "titles and prize money" then it should only be titles and prize money from the period where he would have been banned had he not lied to the ATP, which I think would have been 3 or 6 months. That would make some sense.

As far as Agassi's financial motivations, they are without question. But, it doesn't have to be his only motivation. If he really wanted to keep things secret, he never would say anything. But, as a famous athlete he can come clean to ease his mind and make a dollar doing so.

He was paid a huge advance ($5 million) for the book. There is no way the publisher would advance that sort of money without guarantees that Agassi would "spill the dirt" -- reveal things that were controversial enough to sell books. And, he did that. he probably wanted to "come clean" anyway, but this made it all the easier.

Chadwixx
11-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Safin really should think before he speaks sometimes. It can be funny sometimes, but it would be nice to grow up a bit too.

There might be some credence to the argument that Agassi is coming out with all of this to sell his book, but he is clearly coming clean from a psychological standpoint. Personally, it is refreshing to see someone who has been at the very top write something honest and open and admit to being incredibly flawed because that is the reality.

I don't believe that Agassi wanted to put the ATP down. This is all about exposing his personal demons. More power to him. If anyone thinks that he is purely financially motivated, then don't buy his book.

Wanna buy a bridge?

Gorecki
11-10-2009, 10:42 AM
this is getting more than annoiying.

The guy tested once positive and lied about it during the lowest point of his carreer.

not like he spent his whole life on dope and dodged his testings like a junkie...

tdent
11-10-2009, 10:43 AM
A lot of people who have actually know Agassi are really not supporting him, I would have expected more support from the players, but he is not getting it. I think he has a false persona with the public, and has always been out to promote himself and this just verifies it. Safin is 100 times the person Agassi will ever be.

Gorecki
11-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Wanna buy a bridge?

judging by your posts, you must be working on them rather than owning one...

Chadwixx
11-10-2009, 10:48 AM
judging by your posts, you must be working on them rather than owning one...

Judging by your posts you must use agassi's jock strap as a teddy bear.

Gorecki
11-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Judging by your posts you must use agassi's jock strap as a teddy bear.

but didnt you read? he doest use one Chandraweenx :)...

scotus
11-10-2009, 10:51 AM
If i was Longiness would terminate the contract with Agassi.

I could think of a new Longine commercial.

A school bus stops for a bunch of little kids in school uniform. The door opens and reveals none other than Andre Agassi behind the wheel.

As Andre greets the school kids coming on board the bus, he opens his hands ... with something in each hand.

A female voice whispers: "It is time to give ..."
Andre's voice follows: "Speed or Meth?"

vandre
11-10-2009, 10:53 AM
but didnt you read? he doest use one Chandraweenx :)...

that's right, 'dre allegedly plays commando style! :shock:

mtommer
11-10-2009, 11:06 AM
a non-performance enhancing drug back in '97

This has no bearing on the severity of what Andre did. The fact is, he should have been banned. Period. Everything he won/received as a result of playing during his "ban period" should be given back. This opinion, whether one agrees or not, is perfectly acceptable (I'm one who doesn't agree) and reasonable. It's only the "desireability" of what to "do" that should be discussed.

Richie Rich
11-10-2009, 11:10 AM
This has no bearing on the severity of what Andre did. The fact is, he should have been banned. Period. Everything he won/received as a result of playing during his "ban period" should be given back. This opinion, whether one agrees or not, is perfectly acceptable (I'm one who doesn't agree) and reasonable. It's only the "desireability" of what to "do" that should be discussed.

fair enough. wasn't 2007 the year he lost very early in tournaments and played challengers? not a lot of prize money there

SourStraws
11-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Safin is the man

S.S.

Ripper014
11-10-2009, 11:15 AM
I agree with Safin and have always thought of him as saying what he thinks... unlike other that wish to be politically correct, I find it refreshing.

If Agassi is truly repentant then pay restitution... he may not have won tournaments during the time he took drugs 1997? But if suspended how long would he have been banned from tennis...? In 1998 during his road back he won 5 titles that took him from 122 to 6 in the world. If he had been under suspension I doubt he would have made his comeback and would probably have gone back to the drugs... What else would he do if he had to wait a year to play competitive tennis.

At this point it seems like he is just bringing attention to himself... there are some that just cannot live away from the limelight they have become accustom too, unlike a Pete Sampras.

So... I will state it again... I agree with Safin.. give back the money and titles during the period you would have been suspended. I am not sure what the ATP can do to him now... afterall how would you force him to pay a fine... not like you can forfeit his ability to play in touraments.

I echo what Safin said... you got away with it... keep your mouth shut or give it back. How honorable is a person that cheats the system... not that meth is a performance enhancing drug but it was against the by-laws, and then you made false statements when caught. But the ATP are not innocent in this either turning a blind eye because it was one of the stars (though tarnished) of their tour.

The sad part is he is trying in some way to be portrayed as a victim... asking for compassion... man up, and accept the consequences of what you did.

jamesblakefan#1
11-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Safin said exactly what i did. Agassi's accomplishments after 1997 dont count. He shouldnt give the money to the corrupt atp, he should give the money to guys like medvedev whom he cheated in matches.

What the heck are you talking about? Meth is not a PED, far from it. Your statements on this matter continue to be ludicrous and misinformed.

topsltennis
11-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Maybe the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life.

Chadwixx
11-10-2009, 11:38 AM
What the heck are you talking about? Meth is not a PED, far from it. Your statements on this matter continue to be ludicrous and misinformed.

Maybe you should watch the 60min interview and hear in his own words what it did for him. It did help his preformance, not sure how you can argue this (#140 to #1). He was 27 and falling in the rankings, he does meth and revitalizes his career.

Duh???

junbumkim
11-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Maybe you should watch the 60min interview and hear in his own words what it did for him. It did help his preformance, not sure how you can argue this (#140 to #1). He was 27 and falling in the rankings, he does meth and revitalizes his career.

Duh???

He was going down to #141 when he was on Meth.

When he was coming back, he was free of the drug.

jamesblakefan#1
11-10-2009, 12:10 PM

Duh???

I did, and you just fudged the facts. He says he only used meth in 1997, and stopped once the suspension came down. He talks about feeling worthless and having thoughts of suicide while using meth...really performance enhancing.

He reached #1 in 1999, long after his meth use had ended.

Meth did not improve Agassi's performance one bit, anyone who claims this is either naive or just doesn't know what meth is.

random guy
11-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Safin's right. Agassi's apology does have a certain stench to it, considering that it comes in the form of a commodity that puts money in his pocket.

I agree with your comments. If you're troubled about something bad you did, don't make an spectacle of yourself and sell books on top of it while at the same time you're completely free of any real punishment (suspensions, etc). It's phony as hell. It's funny how celebrities are always concerned about their lack of private life and then they try to shovel it down your throat for profit. :?

THUNDERVOLLEY
11-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Errh.. hes talking about the ATP, not underprivileged children.

Correct. Why Agassi's fanboys keep vomiting that irrelevant information is beyond sense.

They covered up his secret and now he hurts them with all these confessions. Why? To sell more books.

...and to circumvent anyone else from eventually revealing his dark(er) secrets, while trying to appear humble. What a sideshow.

vandre
11-10-2009, 12:16 PM

Duh???

Methamphetamine's negative effects include, but are not limited to, the following:

•Hyperactivity
•Irritability
•Visual hallucinations
•Auditory hallucinations (hearing "voices")
•Suicidal tendencies
•Aggression
•Suspiciousness, severe paranoia
•Shortness of breath
•Increased blood pressure
•Cardiac arrhythmia
•Stroke
•Sweating
•Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
•Long periods of sleep ("crashing" for 24-48 hours or more)
•Prolonged sluggishness, severe depression
•Weight loss, malnutrition, anorexia
•Itching (illusion that bugs are crawling on the skin)
•Welts on the skin
•Involuntary body movements
•Paranoid delusions

Physiological effects of methamphetamine use include:

•abnormally high blood pressure
•rapid and irregular heart rate and rhythm
•seizures
•damage to blood vessels in the brain (stroke)
•accumulation of excess fluid in lungs, brain tissue and skull
•continuous/excessive dilation of the pupils
•impaired regulation of heat loss
•hyperpyrexia (body temperatures higher than 104°)
•internal bleeding; damage to other organs caused by disruption of blood flow
•and breakdown of muscle tissue leading to kidney failure

above info found at http://www.clearhavencenter.com/substance-abuse-treatment-resources/signs-of-Methamphetamine-use.php

yup, you busted him! good job sparky! sounds like a definite performance enhancer to me!!!

how the heck do you expect someone on meth to win a 4.0 league match, let alone compete on the atp tour?

ac3111
11-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Agassi would have banned because he did recreational drugs...
Well Agassi did the right thing then when he lied because drug addicts are ill people, should not be banned but offered help.
All he did was to hurt himself.
But I guess in many republican kind of minds a person that does drugs or did is a person of low morale and not a citizen in order and of course bad example for children so must be banned.

Conservatism and narrow mindedness did not help world progress. I am Safin fan but I think Safin should deal more about himself and his failures than condemning people...

THUNDERVOLLEY
11-10-2009, 12:18 PM

Actually you are incorrect in this sense: athletes, entertainers (where endurance was required--like musicians on tour) have (historically) used variations of meth to not only stay "up" but give them a fire their normal physiological state could not. That said, Agassi could have benefitted in that the meth "charged" him up to endure matches, where without it, he would be over and done at the hands of whomever.

gflyer
11-10-2009, 12:20 PM
I did, and you just fudged the facts. He says he only used meth in 1997, and stopped once the suspension came down. He talks about feeling worthless and having thoughts of suicide while using meth...really performance enhancing.

He reached #1 in 1999, long after his meth use had ended.

Meth did not improve Agassi's performance one bit, anyone who claims this is either naive or just doesn't know what meth is.
agree 100%.
Andre during the interview clearly stated that he was using CM in the time of his life when he didn't care about tennis.
Why would he want to enhance his performance in doing something he had no interest in doing?
And btw, if he wanted to enhance his performance I guess he had access to better stuff than CM.

jamesblakefan#1
11-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Actually you are incorrect in this sense: athletes, entertainers (where endurance was required--like musicians on tour) have (historically) used variations of meth to not only stay "up" but give them a fire their normal physiological state could not. That said, Agassi could have benefitted in that the meth "charged" him up to endure matches, where without it, he would be over and done at the hands of whomever.

Read vandre's post, you'll see how wrong you are. And I've never heard of ANY athlete using meth as a PED. Name me one.

ac3111
11-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Well does the ATP or Tennis Federation consider it a performance enhancer drug?
Because if it is, then... it's a different story, but if it's true he did the drugs to face his psychological issues then I don't think he'd be interested in performance enhancer drugs...
And from what I heard from him he did not say he was seeking for drugs but that he was offered and did not resist going that route...

Chadwixx
11-10-2009, 12:27 PM

Retired in 1997 with no meth vs 5 more grand slams on meth. Obviously didnt help him at all, LOL

jorel
11-10-2009, 12:29 PM
put an asterick next to his name

THUNDERVOLLEY
11-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Read vandre's post, you'll see how wrong you are. And I've never heard of ANY athlete using meth as a PED. Name me one.

Read my post again: musicians--particuarly rock musicians (ex. members of groups like The Who, the Rolling Stones, et al) used to commonly take meth variants to weather grueling concert schedules (in the days before corporate organization in association with artists led to better handled events), and have you not been aware of the controversy in American high schools of athletes using meth for a kick (not to mention steroids)?

Do not allow your love for Agassi cloud the reasons why he was using--and those who become regular users do not have one, cover-all excuse for using.

jamesblakefan#1
11-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Well does the ATP or Tennis Federation consider it a performance enhancer drug?
Because if it is, then... it's a different story, but if it's true he did the drugs to face his psychological issues then I don't think he'd be interested in performance enhancer drugs...
And from what I heard from him he did not say he was seeking for drugs but that he was offered and did not resist going that route...

The 3 month suspension indicates they did not.

Retired in 1997 with no meth vs 5 more grand slams on meth. Obviously didnt help him at all, LOL

You're really trying to sell meth, a drug which ruins lives and kills people, as a PED? Really? OK, where are all the athletes using meth? Why doesn't everyone who's a bit down in life just pop a little meth and be A-OK? You know why, it's because it's a highly addictive drug which ruins lives. While Agassi was using meth, he couldn't care less about tennis success. He talked about sitting around on the couch all day doing nothing. And while on meth he had the worst season of his career. Yeah, real performance enhancing.

It's like saying James Blake breaking his neck was a performance enhancer. He achieved his highest rank and best success after his accident, so by your logic, Blake's neck injury was a performance enhancer. Nevermind the fact that he was stuck in the hospital for a week, couldn't play....it was a performance enhancer.

Even though Agassi pretty much describes himself as non functional during the period he was on meth, can barely remember that time in his life...it was performance enhancing?

Mick
11-10-2009, 12:37 PM
i heard these kind of drugs would intensify your focus on what you feel is important to you.

if you are happy, you become happier. if you are sad, you would get more depressed. if you write music, you would write better music.

if you are a tennis player, you probably would hit the ball better too :shock:

jamesblakefan#1
11-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Read my post again: musicians--particuarly rock musicians (ex. members of groups like The Who, the Rolling Stones, et al) used to commonly take meth variants to weather grueling concert schedules (in the days before corporate organization in association with artists led to better handled events), and have you not been aware of the controversy in American high schools of athletes using meth for a kick (not to mention steroids)?

Do not allow your love for Agassi cloud the reasons why he was using--and those who become regular users do not have one, cover-all excuse for using.

Again, read vandre's post. Meth is NOT a PED. Don't try to sell me that crock of crap. This has nothing to do with being a fan of one player or another, and everything to do with scientific facts. Meth is highly addictive and ruins lifes, leads to depression and inablity to focus on anything, let alone focus on what it takes to be a top level tennis star.

Again, show me all the pro athletes who had so much success while on meth. No one cares about musicians. They do all sorts of drugs. Are you gonna tell me weed's a PED now? What about coke, might as well throw that in there too.

jamesblakefan#1
11-10-2009, 12:43 PM
i heard these kind of drugs would intensify your focus on what you feel is important to you.

if you are happy, you become happier. if you are sad, you would get more depressed. if you write music, you would write better music.

if you are a tennis player, you probably would hit the ball better too :shock:

Andre took meth at a time he was depressed and couldn't care less about his tennis career. He was not using meth to help himself on the tennis court, if anything he used it to take his mind off of tennis.

LDVTennis
11-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Read my post again: ....

Not worth a comment!

klementine
11-10-2009, 12:59 PM
This has nothing to do with why Agassi used meth or how he has used his status and money.

-This, as Safin points out, has to do with the ATP and an appearent 'cover-up'. Anyone who read the excuse Agassi gave to the ATP in '97 can smell the fresh scent of BS. Now Agassi puts the ATP in a very difficult predicament.

-Secondly, Safin points out the timing for such confessions by Agassi.. If Agassi was not selling a book would he have ever confessed to using drugs during his career? Probably not, so one can conclude it is all about promotion and $$$$.

I've always appreciated Safin for voicing his opinion, it's not what people want to hear becasue it's cold and harsh, much like the country that raised him.

wangs78
11-10-2009, 01:00 PM
So you agree that Andre Agassi should, as Safin demands, transfer millions in prize money into the "ATP bank account" and forfeit his titles (including Grand Slams) for using a non-performance enhancing drug back in '97 when he was ranked 140th in the world? Ridiculous. Safin's just trying to make some noise as his underwhelming, uninspiring career mercifully winds down.

No....Safin's saying that Agassi should hand back his prize money and titles because the only reason he was NOT SUSPENDED was because he lied. This is not a question of whether Agassi was a great tennis player (he certainly was) but whether he got away by CHEATING THE TRUTH (which he absolutely did). Look at Gasquet and Hingis, who both were suspended for non-performance enhancing drug usage. Is it fair that Agassi admits to doing the same except that he was allowed to play? I completely agree with Safin's assessment. The way Agassi finally 'fessed up, in his book, is just adding insult to injury. I mean, this is obviously a ploy to sell more books. If he was truly remorseful, he would just come out and say it and put the book on the backburner for now. I've lost a LOT of respect for the guy. I personally don't think that him using meth is SUCH a big deal, but the fact that he's using this book to publicize it and making money from it, that's LOW.

wangs78
11-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Again, read vandre's post. Meth is NOT a PED. Don't try to sell me that crock of crap. This has nothing to do with being a fan of one player or another, and everything to do with scientific facts. Meth is highly addictive and ruins lifes, leads to depression and inablity to focus on anything, let alone focus on what it takes to be a top level tennis star.

Again, show me all the pro athletes who had so much success while on meth. No one cares about musicians. They do all sorts of drugs. Are you gonna tell me weed's a PED now? What about coke, might as well throw that in there too.

The issues here really are:
1) Agassi should have been suspended. The fact that he wasn't is unfair to ppl who have (like Gasquet and Hingis). And Agassi admits to lying about it. Do I blame him a lot for this? No, bc c'mon if you're a top level tennis player and you used meth and tested positive, you're going to try to come up with an excuse so that you don't get suspended. Gasquet and Hingis, I'm sure, offered excuses as well. The issue is Agassi was in fact guilty and the ATP allowed him to play, whether bc they were fooled or bc they knew but purposely turned a blind eye given Agassi's star power at the time, I don't know.

2) The main problem I have is that Agassi is using his new book to talk about this. If he really felt remorseful, then just come out on Oprah or Larry King or something, but don't do it to increase sales of your book. If he didn't realize this then he's just plain stupid.

Safin's assessment is exactly right.

THUNDERVOLLEY
11-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Not worth a comment!

....said the biggest trash-talker on this board.

THUNDERVOLLEY
11-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Look at Gasquet and Hingis, who both were suspended for non-performance enhancing drug usage. Is it fair that Agassi admits to doing the same except that he was allowed to play? I completely agree with Safin's assessment. The way Agassi finally 'fessed up, in his book, is just adding insult to injury. I mean, this is obviously a ploy to sell more books. If he was truly remorseful, he would just come out and say it and put the book on the backburner for now.

Notice how his cheerleaders ignore all of this...

NickC
11-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Agassi would have banned because he did recreational drugs...
Well Agassi did the right thing then when he lied because drug addicts are ill people, should not be banned but offered help.
All he did was to hurt himself.
But I guess in many republican kind of minds a person that does drugs or did is a person of low morale and not a citizen in order and of course bad example for children so must be banned.

Conservatism and narrow mindedness did not help world progress. I am Safin fan but I think Safin should deal more about himself and his failures than condemning people...

My whole gripe is that it's meth, for god's sake. If he was hitting the bong or blowing trails and came clean then I wouldn't come down on him at all, but for crying out loud, he used Crystal Meth. That's some serious ****, mind you. Cocaine or marijuana are both plants that are grown in the dirt, cut up, and used. Meth is produced in a lab using who-knows-what kinds of different poisons and household cleaning products by some 40-year-old who hasn't seen the light of day in months. Not only is meth a billion times more potent than most common stuff, it's a billion times as dangerous and stupid.

Usage of some drugs doesn't mean you're a bad person; (I myself have been using Marijuana for years, and I'm not that bad of a person) but when you use some of that synthetic crap, I can't help but think you've got something seriously wrong in your head.

klementine
11-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Usage of some drugs doesn't mean you're a bad person; (I myself have been using Marijuana for years, and I'm not that bad of a person) but when you use some of that synthetic crap, I can't help but think you've got something seriously wrong in your head.

Yes NickC, yes you are a bad person. Everytime you take a 'hit', a baby cries and a kitten dies. :) I don't know if you have ever seen how they produce cocaine or the pesticides they spray on marijuana.. not exactly natural and good for you.

BTW- Is it true marijuana decreases libido and promotes erectile dysfunction?

ac3111
11-10-2009, 01:45 PM

I agree but I think these people are "patients" not criminals, so no penalty should be imposed because the penalty of hurting yourself is enough by itself...

JoelDali
11-10-2009, 01:48 PM
I think that all of you don't understand russian humor. Safin just said that if you did something wrong and ATP did not catch you, keep your mouth shut. that's it. That is not good for the tennis. All Agassi wants is just money, to sell the book. I believe that in a year nobody will remember his book, but his reputation will be damaged forever. If i was Longiness would terminate the contract with Agassi.

I believe that in a year nobody will remember his book, but his reputation will be damaged forever.

The most intelligent statement on this topic in the last 2 weeks.

Bhagi Katbamna
11-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Safin sounded like Robert DeNiro in GoodFellas:

"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." :)

lol, Safin probably knows some people like Jimmy 'The Gent' Conway personally.

Bhagi Katbamna
11-10-2009, 01:54 PM

Please. If Andre really just wanted to come clean from a psychological standpoint, he just needed to tell Steffi, Gil, and a few other people that are close to him. He doesn't need to go to the rooftops and shout it out to random strangers.

THUNDERVOLLEY
11-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Please. If Andre really just wanted to come clean from a psychological standpoint, he just needed to tell Steffi, Gil, and a few other people that are close to him. He doesn't need to go to the rooftops and shout it out to random strangers.

Of course...but his cheerleaders conveniently forget this option; it was his secret, so--as you suggest--his inner circle should have been the only people he revealed this to, but the ever-attention seeking Agassi tried to turn his drug abuse into an advantage for several posted reasons.

NickC
11-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Yes NickC, yes you are a bad person. Everytime you take a 'hit', a baby cries and a kitten dies. :)

I can live with that. I hate cats and there are too many people on this planet anyway.

I don't know if you have ever seen how they produce cocaine or the pesticides they spray on marijuana.. not exactly natural and good for you.

I have no idea what you're talking about in terms of marijuana. One of my good friends in Mexico grew a plant that produced the best weed I've ever smoked bar none, and he didn't do anything besides water it a few times each day and leave it out in the sun in the warm weather. A guy who lived above me also grew a plant that wasn't as successful, but he didn't do anything to it either. Just the same as you would treat any plant. Water it and leave it out in the sun.

I don't use cocaine so I wouldn't know about how it's produced, from what I can tell you take the leaves of the coca plant and boil them until the liquid is extracted, and then just dry it out, cut it up and as that song goes "put it in the bag".

What chemicals are you talking about?

BTW- Is it true marijuana decreases libido and promotes erectile dysfunction?

Not at all.

pushing_wins
11-10-2009, 02:31 PM

u have to come clean to people you lied to.

he has lied to countless fans.

i guess he could have just posted his confessions on his website, if this is really about coming clean.

no need to hire a pulizer prize winner to collaborate on this book.

in his heart of hearts, his book/confessions is purely money motivated.

ac3111
11-10-2009, 02:54 PM
I think US is the country that gave birth to soap operas or am I wrong?
I think Agassi found the perfect audience which is the us market...

He did not lie to the fans, he lied to the ATP doctors. If crystal meth is not an enhancer then fans should not care what he does in his private life...
He is a tennis player, not a politician...

pound cat
11-10-2009, 03:04 PM
I can't believe that so many are taking Safin's speech at face value ie literally. Ever heard of hyperbole? No? It has nothing to do with geometry in this case. Well here's somethng new for those who have never heard, of it, let alone are able recognize it.

Hyperbole: an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally I was going to say that this definition is from the Concise Oxford Dictionary, but I doubt if you have heard of that either.

Ar least Safin knows how to use the English language to make his point unlike many native English speakers who just don't "get it"

Bud
11-10-2009, 03:09 PM
I can't believe that so many are taking Safin's speech at face value ie literally. Ever heard of hyperbole? No? It has nothing to do with geometry in this case.

That's a hyperbola :-?

Blinkism
11-10-2009, 03:11 PM
(copy and paste from other thread)

People are misunderstanding Safin.

He's not ACTUALLY saying for Agassi to return anything.

He's saying, basically; "Hey, if you're going to be a jackass and say all of these things to ruin your reputation and damage the ATP's reputation- and then say you're feeling GUILTY for it all, then why don't you return your trophies and prize money and you won't feel as guilty"

It's Russian sarcasm (the best sense of sarcasm in the world, IMO). Don't take it seriously enough to believe he actually thinks returning anything would be wise.

He is just ridiculing Agassi for a stupid move on his part.

Gorecki
11-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Of course...but his cheerleaders conveniently forget this option; it was his secret, so--as you suggest--his inner circle should have been the only people he revealed this to, but the ever-attention seeking Agassi tried to turn his drug abuse into an advantage for several posted reasons.

are you not the dolt claiming that he did it to avoid being snitched by someone else?...

so how is it going to be Sparky?

how was he going to protect himself by keeping it in his circle only to later being snitched by any other judgemental idiot like you...?

not the sharpest theory there i'nit?

mtommer
11-10-2009, 04:19 PM
fair enough. wasn't 2007 the year he lost very early in tournaments and played challengers? not a lot of prize money there

Apparently it's '97. If the money and titles weren't much, they weren't much. (I'm not saying you imply this-->) I have no interest in making Agassi "pay" for what he did. If he would have been banned, and given the confession, he should give up whatever he did earn. After that time period, whether it helped him gain more or not, he's free to whatever he earned on the court.

pound cat
11-10-2009, 04:20 PM
That's a hyperbola :-?

That's why I said it had nothing to do with geometry, which some people might think.

THUNDERVOLLEY
11-10-2009, 04:43 PM
are you not the dolt claiming that he did it to avoid being snitched by someone else?...

Are you not the cretinous pom-pom shaker who failed to understand the meaning of "several posted reasons?"

Get off of your knees for daddy Agassi, already.

JeMar
11-10-2009, 05:09 PM
What a dummy.

TheTruth
11-10-2009, 09:25 PM

Bingo! Safin hit the nail on the head.

I agree. I can't imagine if I did something wrong, someone covered for me, and then I go out and expose them for "helping" me. Some people say he didn't win during this period, but how do we know when he was in a "period"?
Anyway, prize money isn't the true measure, how about endorsements?

Safin got it right!

And Nadal, Martina, and Becker...

And counting...

mtommer
11-10-2009, 10:03 PM
I can't imagine if I did something wrong, someone covered for me, and then I go out and expose them for "helping" me.

Agassi sounds like a person stuck in a job he was good at but hated. Professional sports are a business, plain and simple. They exist to gain investors prestige among peers and to acquire more dough. Agassi used the ATP for his own gains, mainly fame and fortune. He is no longer an employee of the ATP and is well enough off that he can say what he's always wanted to say.

Ironic though it may be, it's his right to say whatever the heck he wants to. Like it or not but just because an employer nets you fame and fortune doesn't mean that you are beholden to that employer. You both profited at the time. You each owe each other nothing and that includes "loyalty".

TheTruth
11-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Agassi sounds like a person stuck in a job he was good at but hated. Professional sports are a business, plain and simple. They exist to gain investors prestige among peers and to acquire more dough. Agassi used the ATP for his own gains, mainly fame and fortune. He is no longer an employee of the ATP and is well enough off that he can say what he's always wanted to say.

Ironic though it may be, it's his right to say whatever the heck he wants to. Like it or not but just because an employer nets you fame and fortune doesn't mean that you are beholden to that employer. You both profited at the time. You each owe each other nothing and that includes "loyalty".

Great points. You're right.

But it does lead to a serious character issue, imo.

CyBorg
11-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Safin rules. That's it.

Warriorroger
11-10-2009, 10:42 PM

Good reply. Safin will be remembered for his mental deficiencies, his forever-going on-farewell tour-his sister who can't win a GS.

Agassi made the game of tennis popular amongst people who maybe weren't interested in tennis at all. With Safin I see someone who trashes rackets all the time, is moody all the time and a waste of talent.

Beacon Hill
11-10-2009, 10:45 PM
It obviously helped him. While on meth, he made it all the way to 141 in the world. That's why he needs to now be punished. He brought the whole situation on himself. First, he didn't have the good sense to pick out well adjusted parents, so he got what he deserved: a miserable childhood. Then he actually used a drug to make him feel better. Can you imagine that? Later, in a plot hatched so he can one day sell a book, he overcame his problems, developed an unparalleled work ethic, became a role model and helped disadvantaged kids. Safin just could not be more correct. Agassi is such an idiot.

Beacon Hill
11-10-2009, 10:50 PM
I agree. I can't imagine if I did something wrong, someone covered for me, and then I go out and expose them for "helping" me. Some people say he didn't win during this period, but how do we know when he was in a "period"?
Anyway, prize money isn't the true measure, how about endorsements?

Safin got it right!

And Nadal, Martina, and Becker...

And counting...
I really hope your moniker is meant to be ironic.

The ATP covered for Agassi because it was in the best interests of the ATP.

I hope Agassi also begins to talk about the absurdity of the world's war on drugs.

lawrence
11-10-2009, 10:57 PM
he does have a point though. the atp quietly swept the drug use under the carpet. but this does out the ATP and make them look bad - who else have they covered up for?

Sampras probably

pushing_wins
11-10-2009, 10:57 PM
why did brooke dump him?

he has other secrets

mtommer
11-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Great points. You're right.

But it does lead to a serious character issue, imo.

I think there are a lot of characters involved that have serious character issues, including Andre then and now. <shrug>

120mphBodyServe
11-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Agassi doing drugs= No big deal.
The ATP covering it up to protect one of the biggest names in tennis= What the f*ck did you expect them to do?
Agassi winning millions of $$ and multiple grand slams and other titles along the way= He deserves it, one of the all time greats.
Agassi confessing in an autobiography= A bit sensationalistic/stupid.
Why should Safin complain about this? This crap happened 12yrs ago. There are much bigger things in this world than TENNIS.
Maybe Agassi should tell Marat to STFU since he only won 2 grand slams and 15 titles in total for not making the most of his talent & being a womanising vodka swilling quintessential Russian. What has Marat done for Russian street kids?

big bang
11-11-2009, 03:20 AM
Safin speeks like a man like always, he would never rat on anyone. theres a word called "pride" but some ppl just dont get the meaning of it..

I always liked Andre, he was my first idol and I love his style of tennis, but he probably never heard "dont bite the hand that feeds you".. ATP could have banned him an ended his career, but they covered his back insted. now hes being a rat and talking bs.
I hate liars, but I can forgive that andre lied to safe his career because he was not juicing, he just took some drugs when he was down. I hate rats more than anything in the world, the point is: the ATP helped Andre and now Andre stabs them in the back!

Andre´s drug abuse doesnt take away any of his accomplisments and he will always be one of the greatest to me, but as a person I lost all respect for him for being a rat..

antoaneta71
11-11-2009, 03:42 AM
Agassi doing drugs= No big deal.
The ATP covering it up to protect one of the biggest names in tennis= What the f*ck did you expect them to do?
Agassi winning millions of $$ and multiple grand slams and other titles along the way= He deserves it, one of the all time greats.
Agassi confessing in an autobiography= A bit sensationalistic/stupid.
Why should Safin complain about this? This crap happened 12yrs ago. There are much bigger things in this world than TENNIS.
Maybe Agassi should tell Marat to STFU since he only won 2 grand slams and 15 titles in total for not making the most of his talent & being a womanising vodka swilling quintessential Russian. What has Marat done for Russian street kids?How is this bad, did he lie somebody,did he came drunk on court,no he didn't,did he use drugs,NO,but Agassi did .Was he ever fake about his life NO,so what you want from him :confused:
I how did you know that he didn't do anything charitable ,just because it wasn't on a news,not everybody want to do something good only in front of TV cameras

big bang
11-11-2009, 04:31 AM
How is this bad, did he lie somebody,did he came drunk on court,no he didn't,did he use drugs,NO,but Agassi did .Was he ever fake about his life NO,so what you want from him :confused:
I how did you know that ho didn't do anything charitable ,just because it wasn't on a news,not everybody want to something good only in front of TV cameras

I agree, Marat is a great guy and never tried to hide who he is..

Blinkism
11-11-2009, 04:40 AM
Maybe Agassi should tell Marat to STFU since he only won 2 grand slams and 15 titles in total for not making the most of his talent & being a womanising vodka swilling quintessential Russian.

How very bigoted of you.

some6uy008
11-11-2009, 04:44 AM
How is this bad, did he lie somebody,did he came drunk on courts

Are you sure he never came on the courts drunk, I mean it is Safin.

Gorecki
11-11-2009, 05:54 AM
How very bigoted of you.

i dont see how worse it is compared to the wave bigoted posts of judgemental cretins like thunderdork et. al. (yourself included) of the past two weeks...

Blinkism
11-11-2009, 06:17 AM
i dont see how worse it is compared to the wave bigoted posts of judgemental cretins like thunderdork et. al. (yourself included) of the past two weeks...

I never said anything except that Agassi should apologize or try to make amends for the blunder he knows he caused.

He's still one of my favorite players of all time.

THUNDERVOLLEY
11-11-2009, 06:39 AM

...said the boorish fangirl making judgements about his Sweet Daddy, aka Agassi.

Again, get off of your knees.

antoaneta71
11-11-2009, 06:48 AM
Are you sure he never came on the courts drunk, I mean it is Safin.
keep your assumption for yourself ,do you have some facts,medias covers tennis ,they wouldn't avoided to tell the news that GS champion was playing drunk

jrod
11-11-2009, 06:54 AM
Now that Safin is officially done, lets see how he measures up in terms of making an impact...oh, don't hold your breath.

Blinkism
11-11-2009, 06:59 AM
Now that Safin is officially done, lets see how he measures up in terms of making an impact...oh, don't hold your breath.

Go to Russia and other parts of Eastern Europe and you'll see how much high regard and respect Safin commands.

He's made his impact, believe that.

malakas
11-11-2009, 07:01 AM
Yeah,definitely I will miss Marat's interviews.With his strange humour,irony and brutal honesty he says it as it is and he's never afraid to speak his mind.

malakas
11-11-2009, 07:03 AM

errr your point?So because he hasn't won as many slams as Agassi yeah his opinion doesn't count.:rolleyes:

Gorecki
11-11-2009, 10:59 AM
...said the boorish fangirl making judgements about his Sweet Daddy, aka Agassi.

Again, get off of your knees.

i get on my knees to level with you so we can talk face to face...

DavaiMarat
11-11-2009, 12:45 PM
We all know that...

Marat's never really tip toed around anything. At 6'4 I wouldn't tell him he was wrong to his face. However, politcally incorrect as he was to say this, it's something we all were thinking.

ATP cover up this to save the face of tennis. Why? Because he's Andre Agassi.

A decade from now Rafael could come out with a biography saying how he was on Anabolic Steroids (just using it as an example - purely speculative) and the ATP knew about it and cover it up. Why? He was Rafael Nadal.

The next question you have to ask. Why are they coming out with this now? To sell books.

It is kinda dumb. I'd rather save my rep then coming out with that now. Why would they do that again? Money.

It's is really kinda stupid.

some6uy008
11-11-2009, 12:55 PM
keep your assumption for yourself ,do you have some facts,medias covers tennis ,they wouldn't avoided to tell the news that GS champion was playing drunk

Just sharing an opinion, no need to get offended. If you are, my apology. For the record, I don't have any against Safin and I agreed with some of the stuff he said.

RCizzle65
11-11-2009, 01:00 PM

Do people no longer have the reading ability to spot sarcasm? Especially Safin who uses it a lot?

antoaneta71
11-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I should keep my opinions to myself :rolleyes:. I hate to break it to you chief, this is a public forum where people go to share their opinions. I'm not saying that he has or accusing him, it's just my opinion that it's a possibility.
don't twist my words I said assumption not opinion,those are two diferent words,you can have opinion on whatever you like, but you can't assume without some facts,and you have non of it.

some6uy008
11-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Either way, you seem to take great offense of my comments towards Safin. You're not an obsessed fan are you? :x

TheLama
11-13-2009, 12:42 AM
Unless I am wrong, this blog is based in SLO, CA, so Andre or anyone else can say whatever they please. Is that not so?

pound cat
11-13-2009, 04:36 AM
Do people no longer have the reading ability to spot sarcasm? Especially Safin who uses it a lot?

It doesn't require reading ability per se, it requires familiarity with books and literature, and how people operate, non of which things appearing to be the least bit familiar to these people.

Too bad for them, they are missing a lot. On the other hand they would have no idea of what this post is about, so I guess they are missing nothing.

THUNDERVOLLEY
11-13-2009, 04:46 AM
i get on my knees to level with you so we can talk face to face...

^ Straight from the schoolyard sandbox of thought.

Classic stupidity.

Gorecki
11-13-2009, 04:51 AM
^ Straight from the schoolyard sandbox of thought.

Classic stupidity.

kiss on the cheek...

Harry_Wild
11-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Safin is showing his dead honesty in his answer here about Agassi and his crystal meth. It's his opinion but it is unique!

Dilettante
11-13-2009, 10:41 PM

And what did you do?

THUNDERVOLLEY
11-14-2009, 03:49 AM

Irrelevant; his comments are based on Agassi during his time as a player. Agassi's retirement years do not matter in consideration of his horrid drug abuse, lies, etc. occuring, and judging what Safin will or will not do in retirement has no bearing on his criticism.

OJ ROD
11-14-2009, 07:45 AM

Do you know him to claim such a thing? I mean saying like it is fact, so definitive. If you don't know him personally, then you're just taking out you're personal frustration on somebody you don't know and only judge from your couch through the tv and computer screen.