PDA

View Full Version : How many slams will Serena win?

cuddles26
11-10-2009, 06:00 AM
How many slams do you believe the great Serena Wililams will end up.

zapvor
11-10-2009, 06:06 AM
wheres the dont care option :P

flying24
11-10-2009, 06:07 AM
12-13. The Williams party is nearing an end, and for Venus has already ended.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
11-10-2009, 06:08 AM
For Venus, it has ended. For Serena, the only one she will have a good chance of grabbibg is Wimbledon.
Id say she stops at 12 or 13.

eagle
11-10-2009, 06:24 AM
Given the merry-go-round state of the WTA at the top, she has more than a good chance to win a few more.

She has a better chance to win more than Venus who seems to really have lost a step in the recent years.

If Serena focuses on tennis alone, she might win a lot more. But perhaps she is doing that to help her stay longer in the sport and also looking ahead in the future and past her tennis career.

r,
eagle

TheMagicianOfPrecision
11-10-2009, 06:25 AM
Given the merry-go-round state of the WTA at the top, she has more than a good chance to win a few more.

She has a better chance to win more than Venus who seems to really have lost a step in the recent years.

If Serena focuses on tennis alone, she might win a lot more. But perhaps she is doing that to help her stay longer in the sport and also looking ahead in the future and past her tennis career.

r,
eagle
Dont forget that Clijsters 25 and Henin 27 is still young...and probably very hungry.

eagle
11-10-2009, 06:37 AM
^^

I agree. With Clijsters and Henin in the mix, the Williams chances will be affected.

But overall, I think the Williams are always a credible threat in any tourney they enter.

With most players, one would say they might win. But with the Williamses, they are always favored to win.

r,
eagle

flying24
11-10-2009, 06:59 AM
The Williams are always favored to win!?! Venus isnt even a top 3 favorite in any tournament outside Wimbledon, and even there she isnt the #1 favorite over her sister anymore. Venus isnt even a top 20 favorite at the Australian or French Opens anymore. Andy Roddick has about as much shot to win the French as Venus has to win either of those events at this point.

Serena is closer to that but she is no favorite for the French Open and never will be again.

eagle
11-10-2009, 07:28 AM
Well, considering they have more majors than the current crop of players and seem to always make it deep into tourneys, I think they are always the ones to look out for. They have a long proven record regardless of their ranking.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the sisters.

I'm merely stating the facts and would rather bet on them to win any tourney given the instability and inconsistency of the WTA players at the top.

r,
eagle

viduka0101
11-10-2009, 07:32 AM
she will admit using steroids(hence the big butt) in her autobiography in 8 years and Marat Safin future president of the Sony Erricson WTA tour will make her return at least half of her titles
since i think she will win about 5 more she will have to return 8 so she will end up with 8 slams and a big stain on her career
anyway, where the hell is the option "8 slams" int he poll?:-?

rommil
11-10-2009, 07:34 AM
Serena will win 8 more. 7 Grand Slams from Denny's and 1 body slam at the WWF.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
11-10-2009, 07:40 AM
What is a grand slam from Dennys? :)
A huge meal ?

rommil
11-10-2009, 07:49 AM
What is a grand slam from Dennys? :)
A huge meal ?

Yeah but don't eat there though. A lot of much better places. Any place is better lol.

vandre
11-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Yeah but don't eat there though. A lot of much better places. Any place is better lol.

even perkins is better (because it has pie).

flying24
11-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Well, considering they have more majors than the current crop of players

Keeping in mind Henin is returning, Henin has the same # of majors as Venus DESPITE retiring at 25, and that Venus is nearly 30 now.

eagle
11-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Keeping in mind Henin is returning, Henin has the same # of majors as Venus DESPITE retiring at 25, and that Venus is nearly 30 now.

Gotcha. But I'm speaking more of Serena who has long overtaken her sister's accomplishments. :)

I'm glad that Henin is coming back. I'm a big fan of her game. Let's see how she's going to stir up the pot come next year. There's no telling though if she makes as big a splash as Clijsters' return. It should make for an interesting year for the WTA though.

r,
eagle

flying24
11-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Gotcha. But I'm speaking more of Serena who has long overtaken her sister's accomplishments. :)

I'm glad that Henin is coming back. I'm a big fan of her game. Let's see how she's going to stir up the pot come next year. There's no telling though if she makes as big a splash as Clijsters' return. It should make for an interesting year for the WTA though.

r,
eagle

Well considering that Henin has been a clearly superior player to Clijsters ever since Spring of 2003 (with the possible except of 2005), and is only a year younger than Kim, I see no reason why she wouldnt make an even bigger splash than Kim.

eagle
11-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Cuddles,

Sorry to have derailed your thread. :(

Let the on-topic discussion resume. :)

r,
eagle

boredone3456
11-10-2009, 09:08 AM
the most I see her ending with is maybe, and I mean Maybe, 16, but that is like, best case scenario. She will never get the French Open again, and with Henin and Clijsters both back the Aussie and US Opens just got harder, although not impossible. She can probably grab another Wimbledon or two. However, the fact that there are options for 20+ total slams for Serena is way over the top, she will never break steffi's number, she will be extremely, insanely lucky if she gets to 18...let alone 22.

grafselesfan
11-10-2009, 10:15 AM
I am going to say 14-15. She can win 1 or 2 slams per year for the next few I think before the aging process ends her. She will go down as one of the greatest female players in history though.

LDVTennis
11-10-2009, 10:39 AM
she will admit using steroids(hence the big butt) in her autobiography in 8 years and Marat Safin future president of the Sony Erricson WTA tour will make her return at least half of her titles
since i think she will win about 5 more she will have to return 8 so she will end up with 8 slams and a big stain on her career
anyway, where the hell is the option "8 slams" int he poll?:-?

Now, there's some imagination. I like. :)

volleynets
11-10-2009, 10:41 AM

/HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

This is the best post I have EVER seen on TW!:lol::lol:

LDVTennis
11-10-2009, 10:42 AM

I guess I misunderstood the question. If it is Grand Slams from Denny's we are estimating, then I think you are underestimating Serena's hunger. :)

rommil
11-10-2009, 11:13 AM
/HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

This is the best post I have EVER seen on TW!:lol::lol:

I hardly think so but glad to make you laugh. Thanks...

Cyan
11-10-2009, 06:44 PM
12-13 ...........

kishnabe
11-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Serena Passing 22 slams is a joke than reality, I saw about 12 to 13 slams. Mostly the Australian 2011 and 2010 us open.