PDA

View Full Version : Strengths and weaknesses of the top ATP players

krystlel
11-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Let's make a list.

Am I missing anything here? The strengths and weaknesses of the top 10 men players: Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, Del Potro, Roddick, Davydenko, Verdasco, Tsonga, Soderling.

I had a word limit I tried to keep to, so there are probably a lot of things I haven't mentioned.

http://www.sportingo.com/tennis/a12593_from-federer-soderling-strengths-weaknesses-atp-top

AznHylite
11-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Wow, excellent article. I loved reading every part of it!!!! :)

mzzmuaa
11-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Very nice article
I think you could have been slightly more critical of the player's weakness, but maybe that's just personal preference.

krystlel
11-11-2009, 04:45 PM
That's true. I might add a couple more points on here when I think of it.

I was going to write more about Federer's weaknesses, but then I didn't want to be suggesting that anyone could beat him just by attacking him like that.

sheets
11-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Excellent analysis. Cheers. It'd be wonderful if you continued down the ranking to 25 or so.

President of Serve/Volley
11-11-2009, 08:54 PM
All ATP Weakness: The Volleys.

Put a great volleyer (Edberg, Mac, Rafter) vs anyone on carpet or fast indoor.... The Volleyer wins... Or put a great server, (Pete Sampras, Boris Becker, Goran) with above average volleys, they would still win over anyone today on a fast court.

President of Serve/Volley
11-11-2009, 08:58 PM
That's true. I might add a couple more points on here when I think of it.

I was going to write more about Federer's weaknesses, but then I didn't want to be suggesting that anyone could beat him just by attacking him like that.

You can't beat a vintage Federer by serve and volley attack, he was too quick for that. Today, I think you can stand a chance, as he's not the same Fed as he was.

featherlight
11-11-2009, 11:26 PM
i agree with the article especially about nadal's defensive forehand having a big swing

Anaconda
11-12-2009, 01:18 AM
All ATP Weakness: The Volleys.

Put a great volleyer (Edberg, Mac, Rafter) vs anyone on carpet or fast indoor.... The Volleyer wins... Or put a great server, (Pete Sampras, Boris Becker, Goran) with above average volleys, they would still win over anyone today on a fast court.

Wait, doesn't sampras have a losing record to the likes of Federer/Safin/Hewitt/Roddick, oh and yeah, he lost to all of them on pretty fast courts.