PDA

View Full Version : inside out fed forehand issues?

bbbbbb
11-12-2009, 06:46 AM
I was watching feds match against Benethiu(i know i butchered the spelling) in paris and I also watched the match against joker last week in basel.And ive noticed something fed abuses the inside out forehand far to much now.I mean as the matches wore on both players started to notice like 75% of the forehands were goin inside out and they just camped there allowing them the proper time to set up and crush a ball so fed couldnt run around again.And fed basically lost the match because of this.I say that because when he changed up and started going dtl and crosscourt he started winning more points.And the fact that most players dont have weak backhands anymore so isnt fed asking for trouble by doing this exchange.Eventually they all turn it into a backhand to backhand rally and fed loses.I know this isnt that coherent but im in a rush.So what are your opinions?

Slazenger07
11-12-2009, 06:49 AM
Its funny how a little pressure can make people resort back to a "safe" play for them, Fed is likely very comfortable going inside out with his forehand and so he tends to play it more on pressure points or if he hasnt really found his rhythm yet.

Blake0
11-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Technically speaking IO forehands are supposed to be used to get on the offense. I just watched federer play the Benethiu guy (highlights)..and federer wasn't really attacking the ball when he went for a IO forehand..usually he cranks up the mph and gets a weak ball which he can follow up..but on this he just ran around and hit it back in.